Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide /people/delta

I'd like to be able to keep the list of people that a user knows in sync locally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Primary Refresh Token

Add identifiable Primary Refresh Token (PRT) data to the Azure Activity Directory (AAD) sign-in logs so detections can be on Pass-the-PRT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include Sentinel incident data and all entities in the Security Graph so the data is available for Splunk

Include ALL Sentinel incident data (such as incident URL, all entities, alert grouping... ) into the Graph so the data is available for other SIEMs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. audit who viewed

In the audit settings, there are all parameters corresponding to any changes or actions with files. But there is no main one who viewed the Sharepoint file and when, without changing it. Just opened it for example.

Microsoft support said that you have such a task, but for some reason there is no progress on this issue. I would like to influence this issue, it is necessary to add to the audit a list of people who opened the file.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Site sharing settings

Add support for SPO "Site sharing settings".

E.g. when we create a new Group or Team, we want to set the site sharing permissions to "Only site owners can share files,folders, and the site" and we want to disable the "access requests" to the new group/team.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a way to filter out empty lists

I'd like to get all people with at least one phone number. I've tried

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/people?$filter=length(phones) gt 0
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/people?$filter=phones/count gt 0
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/people?$filter=phones/any(p:p ne 'notanumber')

but they all give "Invalid filter clause" (on beta too).

It seems a bit silly to have to set top=zillions and filter client-side when we have this seemingly advanced filtering language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Japanese and Canadian tenants

Data Connect does not support O365 tenants located in the Japan and Canada regions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Filter on Schema Extension Values

We are able to retrieve primary keys from a proprietary system with Schema Extention Values via Graph, but are not able to look up a matching O365 event using the same key. We need to be able to do this using the "$filter" syntax in Graph.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Track changes for Public Cloud

Tracking changes with any updates to resources, will help to reduce API calls to Azure.
    It would be nice to just get the updated configuration of resources when you have already collected the data, instead of collecting the data again just to track the changes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graph Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams usage report Graph REST API

There is Teams usage report, Teams user activity report, Teams device usage report available in Microsoft Teams admin center. In Microsoft Teams admin center -> Analytics & reports > Usage reports Below is the link to the docs -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/teams-usage-report

I want use report from Graph Rest API

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CallHistory API

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/call-get?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http
    From those API we are getting specific call details. but what if we want to get the call history of any user.
    From the admin portal, we are able to get call history from activity but didn't find any API which allows admin to get the call history of users.|

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Delta queries for events to distinguish between add/edits.

Current behavior : Delta queries for events are not distinguishing between adds or edits.

I even tried out the “Prefer: return=minimal” header on query (example on the user resource) to see if that might help but it does not look like that is implemented for the events resources.

The ability to distinguish between those would be fantastic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow creation of events on a new group

I created a group using a post Request on this endpoint : https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/groups.

Using the id of the new Group I tried to create an event. using this request :

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/groups/<groupId>/events
    Body :
    {
    "subject":"My subject",
    "start":{

&quot;dateTime&quot;:&quot;2020-07-14T14:38:00Z&quot;,

&quot;timeZone&quot;:&quot;Romance Standard Time&quot;

},
    "end":{

&quot;dateTime&quot;:&quot;2020-07-31T15:38:00Z&quot;,

&quot;timeZone&quot;:&quot;Romance Standard Time&quot;

},
    "isAllDay":false,
    "attendees":[

{

&quot;type&quot;:&quot;required&quot;,
    &quot;emailAddress&quot;:{
    &quot;address&quot;:&quot;&lt;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:myAddress@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com">myAddress@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com</a>&gt;&quot;
    }
    }

]
    }

The API responds :
    {

&quot;error&quot;: {

&quot;code&quot;: &quot;ErrorAccessDenied&quot;,
    &quot;message&quot;: &quot;Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.&quot;,
    &quot;innerError&quot;: {
    &quot;date&quot;: &quot;2020-07-09T14:44:18&quot;,
    &quot;request-id&quot;: &quot;e42f1175-f343-495f-af01-68475f718abb&quot;
    }
    }

}

But the event is well created.

I would like to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. write permission for group conversation (channel messages) for application

We need application specific permission for channel send message. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/channel-post-messages?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http. The group conversation needs more granual permission for services. the group read write all givers too much access and is problematic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. API to retrieve application SAML SSO User Attributes & Claims data

Need API to get Enterprise application's SAML configuration data. Currently certain data can be get through applications or servicePrincipals API, but not full SAML configuration.

For example User Attributes & Claims. ( I have checked https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/servicePrincipals/<appid>/claimsMappingPolicies but it always return empty result ).

We have hundreds of enterprise applications with SAML SSO configured in our tenant, it's difficult to audit all those SSO configurations without API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create the SharePoint site as soon as a Channel is created

When creating a channel through the Graph API, the FilesFolder attribute returns null until someone goes into the Teams client and clicks on the "Files" tab.

Ideally, it should be created at the same time, or a second API call to ensure its creation would be fine. My use case is that we are trying to create teams for specific uses, with multiple channels and then project specific folders underneath - all of this needs to be automated, preferably using the Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a Graph API to get length of Online meeting name ?? and also for getting maximum length of Online Meeting name (subject)???)

1) I want to know how to get the length of the Meeting subject which is created.

2) how to get the maximum length of online meeting name that we can provide while creating a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Graph API to list the Mail forwarding details for all the users for a tenant using the auth token for global admin account

As a security monitoring expert for an organization, we need to get the details of all the users under a particular tenant to list the email forwarding user ids. Using this information the organization can evaluate the security profile. Currently, this information is available using PowerShell.

Suppose a user john@contosa.com has rule enabled to forward some or few of his mail to another email id. We want to have a list of such users.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Embed, Widget and Popup Options for MS Bookings

Please create more website embedding options for Microsoft Bookings. Right now there's just a simple HTML code and IFrame. which both look terrible. I'd like features like Calendly, where they have a Inline Embed, Popup Widget, and Popup Text embedding options for customers to find our booking pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Booking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base