Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sharepoint listitem $filter support on fields

It is currently impossible to filter list items by their title or any other field via the Graph API.
    Adding support for list items filtering on fields would help query list items.
    Example of query
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/{siteId}/lists/{listId}/items/?$expand=fields($filter= Title eq 'value')

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add an API to download attendance on MS Teams

I would really like it if I could use the Graph API to download the attendance data (including minutes attended) for an MS Teams meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graph Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Creating and Joining an "In Channel" Meeting in Teams

Currently we have a beta endpoint for creating an "In Channel" Teams meeting, where we can actually pass thread ID as parameter in "chat info" which actually does post the same meeting to that particular thread.

However the meeting created is not identical to the one which we can create via "Schedule a meeting" option on UI itself.

Differences :

1. The meeting doesn't have any option to JOIN on the UI itself which is there if we schedule the same from the UI. The person still needs to have the "joinUrl" to join the meeting

2. Meeting doesn't gets posted in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manage Exchange Admin Roles with Graph or the EWS Api

I would like to be able to create and manage Admin Roles in Exchange through Graph or the EWS API. This is currently only achievable through Powershell or actually logging on to the Exchange Admin Centre, neither of which are really suitable for my current project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage Advanced eDiscovery Tags: export/import tags fill the gap in AED UI

In advanced eDiscovery is no option to re-use tags / a tag structure in multiple cases. There is no export/import option like for review-set-queries. Adding AED tag management to Graph API would offer IT to help AED users e.g. copy tag structure or automatically create tags from pre-defined templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow retrieval of direct reports Planner tasks via the Office Graph API

I would like to be able to retrieve all the tasks assigned to my direct reports across all their plans. Right now there is no easy way to gather this information via the Planner UI other than navigating through every plan.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include forwarding rules set in Microsoft 365 Admin Center in GET /mailFolders/inbox/messageRules

GET /mailFolders/inbox/messageRules (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/mailfolder-list-messagerules?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http) returns a list of message rules applied for a specific user's mailbox, but it doesn't currently return any forwarding rules set for a particular user in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.

This may be by design, but it would be helpful to have all forwarding rules returned by a single endpoint. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Calendar Sharing

Currently there is no API to share calendar with another in user. This is possible with O365 WebApp and Outlook client. Please enable this through API also

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. expose the steps of a task via graph api for To-do Tasks

As a developer
    I want to be able to retrieve the steps of each "To-do Tasks" task using the graphs api

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. As a owner, Be able to add accept the Pending Requests in a Team using Graph API?

I am the owner of many teams, and i have hundreds of members in many Teams,
    they send the pending request to their co-workers in the team, but they have to wait until I accept the request one by one. I am always accepting their requests Teams anyways, so I was hoping If I had a api to accept my requests. I would write a script to accept my requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add 'Status' and other missing attributes to the riskDetections endpoint

There are some very useful attributes present in the RiskySignIns report downloadable from the Azure AD admin center Security section. The most important one in my mind is 'Status', but there is also 'Application' and 'Sign-in error code' and 'Failure' and others. It would be very useful to have these included in the response from the riskDetections endpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We would like a webhook to subscribe to a change on a users/mailboxsetting from outlook

we would like to be notified via a webhook when a user switches on or off their out off office status in outlook. We have a Bot that allows users to switch on their out of office via graphAPI , but what if a user switches on or off their out of office from outlook? the Bot will never know about this and we would like to cover both ends of this to make sure to keep out of office statuses in sync.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow access to user presence via API

Please allow access to read and update user presence via API.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Return user presence as part of the User object

Include user's presence status in the User object. So the presence status can be obtained along with other user attributes as part of GET /users/{id} request instead of executing separate GET /users/{id}/presence or GET /communications/presences request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow creating new chats and adding members to chats via Graph API

We would like to be able to create new 1:1 user chats with Graph API. We can create new channels using POST /teams/{id}/channels; need similar capability for POST /users/{id}/chats.

Also once chat is created we need to be able to add users to existing chat. Something like POST /chats/{id}/members

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Delete meeting from calendar without sending cancellation

It's not currently possible to remove or delete a calendar entry from a calendar without sending out a cancellation to the attendees. This would be a nice feature to have

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide API on creating "Request Files" link

The current API only includes creating sharing link, it would be better enhancing to create "Request Files" link too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support query parameters for chats and channel messages endpoint

Support query parameters for chats and channels/messages endpoints. Since we require to filter the results by date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Manage Microsoft Teams Tags

Let's manage the tags of Microsoft Teams (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-tags).
    The following Methods would be great:
    - Create tag
    - Update tag
    - Delete tag
    - Get tag
    - List tags
    And for members:
    - List members
    - Add members
    - Remove members

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow search within a document library using OData $search

Enable the $search OData parameter to search within SharePoint Online sites, document libraries, etc.

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/{siteId}/lists/{listId}/items?$search="whatever"

If this is not intended as the new Search API is growing, I'd suggest that Application Permission Type (application token credentials) are allowed in this endpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base