Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams usage report Graph REST API

There is Teams usage report, Teams user activity report, Teams device usage report available in Microsoft Teams admin center. In Microsoft Teams admin center -> Analytics & reports > Usage reports Below is the link to the docs -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/teams-usage-report

I want use report from Graph Rest API

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fine grained access control in sharing documents with edit permissions but without further sharing persmissions

In process of co-authoring documents and collabaration, in the scope of O365 and Word documents, if a group of 4-5 users are collaborating and co-authoring a document, we want to restrict sharing permission for all users besides the owner who created or uploaded the document. Other users can edit the document but they should not be able to share with other users, i.e. we want to hide the ‘share’ button for them. There are API and permissions to control read and write, but not to control the share, is there any API or work around to achieve this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a WORKING example in ASP.NET Core 3.1 Razor pages

I've been trying to make this @#$%@ work for a week now - to make a web app where user authenticates with Azure AD and then this app invokes Graph API to create Schema Extension for User type! I read all the possible docs, but NOTHING helps. I get all kind of errors but it never works!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to forward signed emails

Currently, we cannot forward emails that are signed ("createForward" endpoint in the Graph API). Instead, a cryptic error message ("The specified object was not found in the store., Cannot open attachment.") is returned with HTTP status code 404.
    After discussion with the support, it appears to be a design decision to exclude signed emails from the built-in forward functions. As this is an unintuitive design decision that is also currently not documented, this can be a big show stopper in many projects (I assume that most people are not aware of this limitation of the Graph API).
    It would be…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow retrieval of direct reports Planner tasks via the Office Graph API

I would like to be able to retrieve all the tasks assigned to my direct reports across all their plans. Right now there is no easy way to gather this information via the Planner UI other than navigating through every plan.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search API for Teams

It is great to be able to get messages from a channel, but there is no way to search to get specific messages or replies. I was looking to build a solution that utilized search, but found it is not possible. I would like to be able to use the query language currently supported in Teams UI but not through the Graph API

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support setting the replied flag on messages

Our solution supports workflows that send out messages automatically using createReply and send, as well as the reply endpoint. These are considered auto-replies by the user and it is confusing that the replied flag shows up in outlook for the original message. Ideally, there would be a way, when using send or reply, to indicate whether the replied flag should be set on the original message. Alternatively, the ability to change the replied flag on a message would let us fix it after the fact.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. search in folder not in root

Using the below syntax, some files cannot be searched. It is too bad.

GET /drives/{driveid}/items/{itemId}/search(q='{search-text}')

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Graph API support for finding out shared mailboxes and Public folders

Graph API support for finding out shared mailboxes and Public folders.

This info is accessible by powershell only.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to enable the Audit log as it is off by default by way of the Graph

It would be good to be able to enable the audit log by way of the Graph. I know this can be facilitated in the UI and PowerShell for enablement and PowerShell only for disabling again but it would be good to get it enabled/disabled by way of the Graph.

Between you and me an even better solution would be to have the audit log enabled by default.

Thanks

Henry

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add teams status to Presence information

The presence work done , currently in preview, returns basic presence information.

I’d like to see it return the users status as set in Teams (I.e working from home - last updated 8:40am)

Have had multiple business requests for a solution with this information.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. orgContacts should support "msExchHideFromAddressLists"

Full story: Our goal was to query an API that is "like" the tradional GAL. In theory the GAL is just a combination of users and contacts, so we thought that this would be ok-ish just get all users first and then query orgContacts.

Unfortunately we discovered that the orgContacts API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/orgcontact-list?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http) will return all contacts from the tenant.
    In our tenant some contacts are flagged with msExchHideFromAddressLists and this would be a NoGo four our application to surface such "hidden" contacts. We didn't found a way to filter them.

It would be nice to have this "old…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expose MacOS UDID via API

MacOS devices in Intune have an attribute called UDID which corresponds to the IDs for OneDrive clients. It would be useful to be able to query this via API for use in Sentinel incidents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an API to read, add and remove saved messages in Teams

I have a scenario where when a user saves a message I want to see those messages and list them in an application.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Check if User is a shared mailbox or not.

I want to check if a certain user is anchored to a shared mailbox or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graph Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create subscriptions for /call endpoint

For CTI integration, we need the ability to make subscriptions on /calls, so to get a notification if there's an incoming call (etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Implement the .../users?$expand=mailFolders

currently it returns:

{

"error": {

"code": "NotImplemented",
    "message": "This operation target is not yet supported.",
    "innerError": {
    "date": "2020-07-28T08:39:55",
    "request-id": "68aa781d-646b-4bd7-b669-1ca250570f11"
    }
    }

}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable filter groups on displayName with Contains string operator

Currently, we can only filter AAD Groups on the DisplayName attribute using the StartsWith operator. It would be useful to be able to use the Contains operator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Graph SDK for full call recording for IVR Bot in Teams

We are using the Graph SDK to develop Teams based IVR bot. Currently graph SDK supports only to recording user response for 5 minutes. But full call recording is basic and mandate requirement for any IVR application.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include "businesePhones" in basic profile

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/permissions-reference#remarks-23, now with permission:"User.readBasic.All" , only bleow properties would be visible:

• displayName

• givenName

• mail

• photo

• surname

• userPrincipalName

Which means "businessPhones" is not included.

So it means normal user (not admin) won't be able to view other users' business phones in Teams, even these "other users" are their colleagues !

You never want to reach your colleague by calling their business phone !? So what's the point to keep business phone invisible to most users in same organization?

Just suggest to include businessPhones in basic profile.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base