Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the API to return the entire text of Notes in Contacts

Currently the API only returns the first 255 characters of Contact Notes in the PersonalNotes field. It should return the entire text of the Notes field in the contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Personal Contacts (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. app-only client_credentials permission for consented users

I am creating a daemon API app which will not have any UI to allow someone to provide credentials and consent.. the purpose of this daemon app is to send mail(via graph API) on behalf of a service account in my organization(AD tenant).

Right now with admin consent looks like i can only request permission from my admin to send email on behalf of any user in organization, but with no limit on the users who can send emails.

My intention is to have a daemon app that user clientid and clientsecret and form a graph api endpoint…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. iOS Drafts don't Sync with Office 365

When you create a draft in the iOS app it doesn't sync with Office 365 and doesn't show up in any of the other Outlook mail clients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Push and Streaming Services: Include "Id" in "Missed" notifications

If you're using the Outlook Push or Streaming Notifications service, there are cases where the notification cannot be delivered. The cause can range from Microsoft's servers restarting to various other things. The documentation does not provide any more helpful specifics on the potential cause. The documentation calls these "Missed" notifications.

When you receive a missed notification, the payload of the notification does not include the "Id" of the object you missed a notification for. This makes it extremely difficult to keep your service in sync with Office 365 because a missing "Id" field leaves the developer with no other choice…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add more permission scopes to "policies" endpoint in MS Graph

Currently /policies requires Directory.AccessAsUser.All which is a delegated permission. Can we include the application-level permission Directory.Read.All?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow MailBoxUsage report to show SpamMails count

Is it possible that MailboxUsage report using Office 365 graph usage API returns information about SpamMails e.g. Total spams received in last week, month or a year?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Return client browser information in Office 365 Graph Usage APIs

It would be great if Office 365 Usage graph API can also return the aggregated information about client browsers too (for all services e.g. Exchange online, Yammer etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Json response from Office 365 Usage Graph APIs

Currently Office 365 Usage Graph APIs returns response in csv format and no doubt it is indeed required and useful when you have reporting requirements which can directly be solved using Power BI, however on querying the endpoints programatically e.g. using C# then it adds an overhead of parsing the csv and create data models.

It would be great if these reporting graph APIs can return the Json response as well so that it makes things much simpler for consumption .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support VS Team Services notifications & data in Microsoft Graph

The Graph team specifically mentioned this was a "not yet" during their Channel 9 session at Build on Friday 5/12.

I think this one pretty much explains itself but being able to automate flows around builds and checkins and work item lifecycle seems like it would just be super powerful.

PLEASE :)

awesome stuff guys!!!... this is going to pull a lot of us back in from the "G"-word ecosystem ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Retrieve Blogs Microsoft Graph

Please add Blogs (List, and single blog) to the Microsoft Graph. Would be great to unify ALL the data in a user profile through the API

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Office 365 REST API - Get and book meeting rooms

It's not possible to book/list meeting rooms.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. findMeetingTimes should not consider the event ICalUId

This API should receive as optional parameter the current event ICalUId to avoid getting incorrect busy results when is used to change the schedule of an existing event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give caller the ability to request caching on a per call basis

Currently calls to the Microsoft Graph/O365 api appear to ignore the cache-control/max-age headers sent by the caller, and nothing is ever cached.

It would be good if we could define the max-age when calling and this be reflected in the response. This would allow us to easily use browser cache for calls which should be updated infrequently without writing our own custom caching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. inReplyTo

Please allow users to expand the inReplyTo relationship when listing all posts. Alternatively add a property to the Post object containing the inReplyToId. We are currently forced to make subsequent calls to the server to obtain this information which is not ideal. This URL should return all posts containing a way to determine which posts they are a reply of: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/groups/XXX/threads/XXX==/posts?$expand=inReplyTo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Return "Work Hours" like EWS

Events and busy times are accessible, but no way to return the designated Work Hours. We show free time, but without these hours, we can't exclude the off work times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Return the email associated with a calendar in the Outlook API

The endpoint https://outlook.office.com/api/v2.0/me/calendars doesn't return the email of the user who owns the calendar. I'm using this endpoint to get calendars and currently I match by name in my app, which is bad if two people have the same name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OneDrive Graph API bug of access a driveItem by path

When I calling API by path I got some error response if path content some string pattern like 'bin', '.java', '+*'.... .

For example

curl 'https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/root:%2Fbin' -H "Authorization: Bearer $CODE"

I will get a html response like that.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
    <title>404 - File or directory not found.</title>
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;}
    fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;}
    h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}
    h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;}
    h3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;}

header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;

background-color:#555555;}

content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. allow OData queries (filter and search) to be sorted

if I am searching (or filtering) a mailbox looking for a particular string I would still like to be able to sort the results based on (eg) Received Date/Time to avoid an extra client side step

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar API weblink to support edit mode

Currently when I return event from a users calendar each event also returns a weblink which is great. However this weblink redirects me to a view only version of the Calendar event with limited details and no ability to change to edit mode.

Would like to have a similar implementation to email which starts in view mode but has the ability to reply or forward the email from that screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. allow applications with app-only token to impersonate user accounts

If an application with an app-only accesstoken could impersonate any other user (not signing them them in with username and password, but impersonating them either by id or userPrinicpalName) then the apps could act more easily on behalf of specified users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base