Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict sharing with certain external domains

In Office 365, we would like to restrict sharing with certain external domains.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the functionality of the Office Applications (mainly Word and Excel) available "as a service" for Store/Mobile Apps.

Excerpt from Yammer conversation:

Hi groupmembers!

We're developing a serious Healthcare App for Windows (8) Store. Aiming on mobile.

What we have seen in demo's is a lot of Mail, Contacts and SharePoint. What we are looking for is a way to tap the power of Word and Excel for our Store App.

Please come up with a good suggestion!

What I mean is Word/Excel API's that works for Store/Mobile App development. No more, but certainly no less than that :-)

Jeremy Thake (Microsoft)

What do you mean by "Word API". When you say "Word API" do you mean Word…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File thumbnails/preview API

The WOPI file previews are available in OneDrive for Business if you have the rtFa and FedAuth cookies.

You can also download the files using the _api/files REST API, through OAuth without having the session cookies.

I would like to use the same OAuth authentication to request previews of the files (action=imagepreview) when I am listing them through the REST API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for pure server side apps (bots)

i'm looking at the new o365 API for creating an email bot that can send reminders to people. This means that the user for the app is not a real person but an app authenticating via code. As far as i understand that is not supported right now, but it would be very nice :)

If there are work arounds or clever ways of doing this already, i'd be interested in that as well

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Store custom data at the user (like an mdb in the users own filesystem)

I like to be able to provide custom data storage - inside the users own office365 - for the users of my applications, like https://www.dropbox.com/developers/datastore .

With that I would be able to create applications without the need to provide and maintain a data backend. And the user would not need to rely on (or trust) a database maintained by me.

With an easy to use api (like azure mobile services).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. O365 api GetNextPageAsync always returns null

I'm enumerating all the emails in a users inbox but when i try to call GetNextPageAsync the result is awyas null even though i know there are more emails. running the original query again does once again return the first 50 items, and then nothing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Server error when the user has a Room contact

When making a request to:
    https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/OData/Users(&#39;<user>@<domain>.onmicrosoft.com')/Contacts

If the user has a Room as a contact. i.e. From https://outlook.office365.com, go to People/Directory/All Rooms. Select a room, then "Add to Contacts"

Then the request fails with:

code=500
    data=
    { "error" : { "code" : "ErrorInternalServerError",

&quot;innererror&quot; : { &quot;message&quot; : &quot;Object reference not set to an instance of an object.&quot;,

&quot;stacktrace&quot; : &quot; at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactSchema.&lt;.cctor&gt;b__2c(Entity e, PropertyDefinition ep, ServiceObject s, PropertyInformation sp)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.SimpleEwsPropertyProvider.GetProperty(Entity entity, PropertyDefinition property, ServiceObject ewsObject)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactProvider.ItemTypeToEntity(ItemType itemType, IList`1 properties)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactProvider.Find(String parentFolderId, ContactQueryAdapter queryAdapter)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.FindContactsCommand.InternalExecute()\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.ODataCommand`2.Execute()\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.ODataTask.Execute(TimeSpan queueAndDelayTime, TimeSpan totalTime)&quot;,
    &quot;type&quot; :
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Discovery Service -- allow addition of custom services

The O365 discovery service allows me to get the Inbox/Calendar/etc. service endpoint for a given user. I want the ability to extend that to include endpoints for my organization (Expense Report app/Timesheet app/etc).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Request grouped under investigation OFFICE 365 API ENHANCEMENTS. Investigation currently in progress with expected internal report-out date of 8/1. Public updates to follow soon after the internal review, exact date tbd.

10. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback about the Office Developer Platform. The team likes your idea and we want to look into it further, so we’ve moved it to the Investigation Queue.

11. API to Get active Co-Authored users

There is no a common way to get active Co-Authored users. Word has the object to get the list. PowerPoint has the object but it has limited functionality. Excel does not have any api to get the list of the users. Many applications (addons) requires this function.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to return count without objects in the response

Would be great if you could allow $Count query parameter to optionally only return the actual count without any of the objects present in the response. This could save a lot of bandwidth and resource usage, both on your APIs and on the client.

Typical use case would be to query the API with $filter, but only care about the count of the objects that matches said query. This would be an awesome way of querying through 30 days of signin logs, instead of having to download 300 000++ (had to do that yesterday) and then query the results.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/query-parameters#count-parameter

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. can you please also add the azure ad b2c user flows with this application.

please integrate azure ad b2c SignUpandSignIn flow in this application.

there is no proper end to end document or sample android code is available for b2c userflows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users?$select=preferredName - fails with a 501

I am using both my company gragph api and the sandbox and everytime I try and run this

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users?$select=preferredName

I get a 501

{

"error": {

"code":
    "NotImplemented",

"message":
    "This operation target is not yet supported.",

"innerError": {

"request-id":
    "88d3d3be-0979-4ba3-b6e9-564073461169",

"date":
    "2020-03-31T10:26:49"

}

}

}

Anyone got a idea what is wrong??

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support detection of moved mail items

When a user in a mailbox (a shared mailbox in our use case) moves a message from one folder to another, we would like to know that directly instead of having to figure it out by (a) keeping our own database of message location by Internet Message ID (IMI) and (b) doing queries for all create and delete notifications to get the IMI and determining what’s happening, and in the case of moves, having to wait for both the create and delete notification to figure that out (i.e., that it’s not just a delete).

A top-level unique ID would help…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Office 365 Rest API : Restrict access to specific room calendars only

With Microsoft Graph/O365 REST Apis, we can setup an application to provide access to mailboxes through API. This works. However, I'd like to know if there is a way to restrict such access to specific room mailboxes only?

If it is not supported, can microsoft team provide this feature and is there any other way for now (other than rest apis) to perform read/write operations for limited mailboxes?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 52 53 54 56 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base