Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add SharePoint REST/CSOM API to choose content database and quota when creating site collections

In the April 2014 Cumulative Update for the SharePoint 2013 (released on 7th of May 2014) you published the possibility to create site collections remotely via the CSOM API.

Till today it's not possible to choose a desired content database where the site collection should be stored in or to configure a quota template.

Senior Program Manager Vesa Juvonen from Microsoft wrote a detailed blog article about this topic and received a broad response from the community where many people need these missing features.

See here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vesku/2014/06/09/provisioning-site-collections-using-sp-app-model-in-on-premises-with-just-csom/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to update LastPasswordChangeTimestamp via Graph API

As mentioned in this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4025960/federated-users-in-azure-ad-are-forced-to-sign-in-frequently , some federated users are required frequent login.

Although the article present resolutions that LastPasswordChangeTimestamp can be updated via PowerShell, it actually cannot. It should be fixed and, more generally, the value should be updated via Graph API.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. App Authentication to retrieve conversation messages for unified groups

We need the App Authentication model to be able to retrieve conversations for unified groups. This isn't a user specific call so I'm unsure why it's not currently possible?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently this is in our backlog and hasn’t been prioritized against other features we are working on right now. ^JT

4. Allow contains() on the /devices endpoint

We need to be able to search a list of devices by name using a contains() filter.

e.g.:
    /devices?$filter=contains('DESKTOP',displayName)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get Deleted Events

It would be great to have a call for returning all deleted events in the Deleted Items folder. At the moment there is a call for returning a list of deleted emails but nothing for deleted events.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Graph API to identify the OneDrive data shared with a given set of users

Assume an application using Microsoft Graph API wants to identify the OneDrive data shared with a given set of users or a given single user. This is currently not possible.

There is the endpoint https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drive/sharedWithMe, but that applies only to the authenticated user, so this does not work in case an application authenticates with client credentials and wants to collect the data shared with multiple given users.

Alternatively, having the possibility to impersonate users would allow the API client to use the endpoint mentioned above. But as far as we know, that possibility is not currently available either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. API method for creating a chat thread message reply

I am in need of an API method which can be used to create a chat thread reply message. The latest beta version of the Microsoft Graph API will allow me to create a new chat thread along with the first message, but I cannot add additional messages or replies.

The documentation states that this feature will be included in a future release. I'm adding this feature request to express my interest in this planned feature.

I need this method because I am migrating discussions from another CMS, into Microsoft Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Beta  ·  1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fill Users DisplayName in /planner/Tasks

If you are requesting the Graph-explorer with the following URL:
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/planner/tasks

The following result is given:
    {

&quot;@odata.context&quot;: &quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#Collection(microsoft.graph.plannerTask)&quot;">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#Collection(microsoft.graph.plannerTask)&quot;</a>,

&quot;@odata.count&quot;: 1,
    &quot;value&quot;: [
    {
    &quot;@odata.etag&quot;: &quot;W/\&quot;JzEtVGFzayAgQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBASCc=\&quot;&quot;,
    &quot;createdBy&quot;: {
    &quot;user&quot;: {
    &quot;displayName&quot;: null,
    &quot;id&quot;: &quot;fc03bc43-b0ed-4b7d-bc59-8488a77420f4&quot;
    }
    },
    &quot;planId&quot;: &quot;RVBp6oJJt0K5f6Lq42zBK2UAA-Rs&quot;,
    &quot;bucketId&quot;: &quot;1m6FwcAAZ0eW5J1Abe7ndWUAJ1ca&quot;,

The problem is, that the "displayName" in the User Object in createdBy or completedBy is always null.

Please fill the displayName Property of the User Objects.

Thanks

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Is it really just the display name? Or, would it be the entire card? Right now, you can use the user id property to query for the details you’re interested in about that user.

This is one where the number of tasks that people have in a query can cause performance issues. For example, having the entire contact card for each task included in the response could lead to throttling for queries that include a large number of tasks.

10. Extend OneDrive to support Open Extensions

It would be really useful for our customers if we were able to extend DriveItems (both folders and files) with Open Extension fields to store additional metadata

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include Planner Task URL in Graph API

When using the Graph API to interrogate Planner Plans & Tasks, I would like to receive a URL as part of the json, to open the particular plan / task in a browser window.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide supported API endpoints to match SharePoint homepage "Recent", "Frequent" and "Suggested" sites

Scenario is that we would like to surface the same feed of data (Recent, Frequent, Suggested sites) that are displayed on the SharePoint homepage https://tenant.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx, from a SPFx web part.

For consistency it makes sense for this to be added to Microsoft Graph.

Ideally it will be available for via GraphHttpClient (once https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329220-sharepoint-dev-platform/suggestions/31310038-add-additional-permissions-to-graphhttpclient is live)

We COULD call the old SharePoint homepage API's for Recent, Frequent, Suggested sites, because they were hosted under the tenant.sharepoint.com hostname and auth was already handle, but we understood this approach would be unsupported. New APIs are hosted on a new domain and are…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Office 365 API

I am using office 365 REST API(Version 2.0) to create calendar event. But If I create calendar event with attendee then calendar sends a calendar event mail to attendee which is fine. But If I don't want attendee to receive calendar event mail then how to do it? I am not able to find a property inside Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.Event that might help.
    I am using Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.Event to create event , it will be helpful If Event class has some bool property like notification so that If its false then it will not send calendar invite to attendee otherwise send.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. LitigationHoldEnabled

My client have a requirement to Litigation hold O365 account, Could you please tell us is there any way to achieve this hold functionality using Microsoft Graph API? I explored on google to implement this using Microsoft Graph API, but i did not find any thing.

Please suggest is there any alternate way for this?

Thanks
    Vijay D

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Microsoft Graph - Should return newly added Post's ID on create a new Conversation , Reply To Thread or Reply To Post

At the moment, when creating a new Thread Conversation, Graph only return Conversation ID and Thread ID, not include Post ID.

The newly created Post's ID also missing in Reply To Thread or Reply To a Post, and we need query List Of Post again to for getting new Post ID.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. API to create Teams for Classes

Add API calls to let developers create Teams for Classes. Also add API calls to allow developers to connect to the "Assignment" tabs - to be able to export averaged grades... etc.

Also - please clarify what is deprecated and what is relevant in the documentation. It is very difficult to figure out what is still being supported and what is not. (I.e. Microsoft Classroom vs Microsoft Teams for Education).

I found Office 365 REST API for Schools/Teachers... but I am not finding anything that can access the new framework in teams.

Please help!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Be able to fetch mails by "conversations" in folders in one request

Right now you cannot achieve "conversations" view in a mail folder using REST API with one request.

A workaround can be found here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41161515/best-way-to-achieve-conversation-view-for-mail-folder-using-outlook-rest-api

but it is quite slow and not very efficient. Conversations view is the primary view of many mail client but is not achivable (easily) with REST API

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support embedding DriveItem from MicrosoftGraph in an IFrame

I am trying to embed an Office365 document in a webpage. Currently I am trying to do this by retrieving the item though the Microsoft Graph api then embedding the webUrl in an IFrame.

The issue currently is that the response for webUrl uses the x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN header, so cannot be embedded.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable setting of the Group Classification that the UI supports

Either in the creation or update of an O365 group, enable the setting of the Classification. This is only supported through the new group creation screens at the moment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GraphQL API for the Microsoft Graph

Facebook's GraphQL is the perfect API solution for the Microsoft Graph. I highly encourage you to implement this, since it would improve development for React apps.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are doing some investigation into GraphQL. We’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base