Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to retrieve Custom porperties from a calendar event using Graph

I built a Add-In for Outlook using Office JavaScript to store custom data in a calendar event. Using: loadCustomPropertiesAsync()
    It would be good to have the same functionalities in the Graph API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Outlook OAuth Sandbox App opensource GitHub

The Outlook OAuth Sandbox App at https://oauthplay.azurewebsites.net is really great.

Would like to see the code for this web app to learn how to use the oauth and API for my own applications. There are lot of blogs explaining parts of Oauth and O365 API, but some info is depreciated or not explaining the complete part. Studying this web app would help me a lot to understand the principles and to create better code.

Would it be possible to share the code for this application on GitHub?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Detail about recurring appointment outlook 365 mail api

whilst creating in outlook 365 i need to see recurring appointment detail in mail app area , like its pattern(weekly, monthly, daily) strat date, end date , durtaion etc.

office.context.mailbox.item does not seems to provide much detail like pattern

it will be great if we can get those detail, just like outlook client addin provides those details.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Office365 API: Allow to create, get and update Contact Lists, not only Folders

We can create contacts and add to folders (not considering the bug we have there https://officespdev.uservoice.com/forums/224641-general/suggestions/8560312-office365-api-contact-is-not-added-to-specific-fo)
    but we can't create contact lists programmatically.

Please, can you consider add this to the API?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Personal Contacts (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a pluggable framework for external notifications

Implement the integration of external notifications (from apps for instance) into the notification part of the Office 365 suite bar. That way, apps can become more integrated into the whole and for a user it becomes easier to navigate directly to the stuff that needs their attention.

An easy start would be to fire off a (client side?) call to a webservice which would then return the proper notifications to be shown in the notification bar. In the future maybe provide API calls to push new notifications into the system.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Office 365 Unified API Credentials/Call Proxy

It should be possible through the Office.js to call the Unified API, without having to log on separately in the add-in using adal. This would drasticall simplify the application flow. It could possibly be implemented similarly to mailbox.makeEwsRequestAsync.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow time travel in the Microsoft graph

The Office graph contains an enormous amount of useful metadata (who is connected to who, which documents are beind read and so on).

But it's information is transient. We can only access the current state.

There are a wealth of information management, analytics, user adoption and reporting applications that would be enabled if we could "time travel" the office graph i.e. For any given query, know what the graph response is today and know what the graph response would have been at any given point in the past or for a specified time interval - essentially allowing us to add…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. project

How about including Project Online support for the new Office 365 API's.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add 'private' property to calendar events.

The calendar events, fetched via the Office365 Rest Api, does not seem to have any property for the 'private' option.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expose Office API via Swagger.

OK this is a radical idea from listening to @mkristensen talk about VS.NET tooling and how they are looking at supporting Swagger 2.0 to provide code generation for RESTful APIs in VSNET.

http://devchat.tv/adventures-in-angular/019-aia-microsoft-tooling-with-mads-kristensen

I looked up Swagger and their online documentation editor, and browser and here's an example

http://petstore.swagger.wordnik.com/#!/pet/updatePet

Which is surprisingly similar to Office 365's

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn600182(v=office.15).aspx

I think Office 365 documentation on MSDN should still be the primary resource. Any future tie in to API-Sandbox would be awesome.

But if VSNET starts to support auto-codegen (like the old days with WSDL/Soap Services) from Swagger documentation, then I can also…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Application permissions to Task API

While reviewing the O365 Preview API I was wondering what about Task-Management. Currently there are two systems for task management (Exchange and SharePoint). Would be great to see a roadmap for TaskManagement in the O365 Story and of course get an API to easily connect Apps to consume tasks. (No CSOM required just give us REST :D)

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list of pinned "My Apps" of a current user

When I'm creating an App on Office 365, users can pin them and select them from the "My Apps" menu in the new Office 365 ribbon.

I would like to recreate this menu/whole ribbon in my app (desktop or web, whatever), to bring a consistent experience to my end users. By this, my users could easly switch between O365 Apps and my app.

I'm inspired by TechEd Europe and all the O365 sessions. This is what imho is missing and is very important atm.

Something like:
    dev.office.com/me/apps/pinned

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list GAL Contacts

Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list GAL Contacts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a way to create a distribution group

In Azure AD we're unable to create a mail-enabled group via Graph API.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing! We’re always looking at understanding the feature sets that folks would find value in having as an out of the box feature of the platform. We’ll pass this along to the engineering teams. We’ll also update the blogs here at http://blogs.office.com with any news.

16. Allow to configure and extend the mapping of user profile attributes between the Azure AD and the SharePoint Online

Currently only a minimal set of AAD attributes is synchronized to SharePoint Online UPA (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh147510.aspx#section1). It should be possible to change and extend the list of properties that are synced and also allow the writeback of user property values from SPO to AAD.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Office 365 SDK API - Class Library Reference

The documentation on dev.office.com for the new SDK API reference is great for how to, but what's missing is class library documentation for the assemblies added in the various NuGet packages. For instance, I should be able to get to a page that for something like Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.OutlookServiceClient. Today I have to use a .NET reflection tool, the Object Browser in Visual Studio or write some code and see the IntelliSense to see what objects, methods & properties are available to me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Office 365 SDK Docs - Add Details on How To Authenticate

This guidance (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/common-calendar-tasks-client-library#GetAuthToken) is not as complete as it should be. You likely want to add add additional NuGet packages to make this work. Suggest adding the recommended way to authenticate, such as OWIN / ADAL, to help people get started faster.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We’ll include this as part of our next round of documentation improvements.

Thanks,
    Dorrene Brown
    Office Developer Platform Team

19. Make Linux command line access to Office365 easy available (Linux SDK)

Linux engineers are at large scripting their work. How easy is it to get a file from an Office365 document library using a Linux command line script?
    Would be possible looking at oAuth and REST but with your more open approach, launch a Linux SDK

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs more information  ·  2 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Social Network of project and Office-document sharing

Would be really useful for all students studying in international fields of their studies to be able to share their projects and presentations and be able to access or view other peoples' work. This would be linked with your Microsoft account and it would be nice to have a rating system for shared projects.

Think about how much more effort students around the world would put on their projects when they are trying to achieve publicity and good grades online with their school projects. Now that we have Office for iPhone and iPad also the sharing of your documents straight…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. This is a compelling idea and we will think through the potential of building this out and provide an update here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base