Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide different site level search capabilities within Graph and SharePoint Search

I'm attempting to build a SharePoint catalog. Ideally, options would include: Sites I own, All sites I have access to (can get from search, but if a site is restricted from search don't think this will work), complete catalog of sites (including those I don't have access to so I can submit a request to access). Would be nice if Available metadata included: Last updated date (Content), Metadata to allow opt in / out of master catalog, last time I accessed the site.

Some of this may be in search, some in graph, some isn't available, some requires administrative access.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow updating any users Photo with User.ReadWrite.All scope

Currently even if you have the User.ReadWrite.All you cant update another users photo via:

PUT /beta/users/{User ID}/photo/$value

This would be VERY helpful.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work has been started. There is no target In Preview date yet as the investigation is still ongoing on what complete work is required. ^JT

3. Add the possibility to specify authorizations on email fields more precisely

Currently, you can specify Read.all. That gives you access to everything in the email. For a company admin, it opens all the content you might not need. For B2B apps, companies have sensitive content and security policies, : it would be great to be able to specify sub-parameters for Read.all, listing fields you ask for access and those you won't.
    Clear example : Read.all / everything BUT body --> the company admin is sure that with this scope, the app can't access sensitive data .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have just started this in this months sprint. The new permission will be Mail.ReadBasic and will allow you to access mail messages without access to the body or their attachments.
    There is further investigation into whether we can provide more granular permission scopes where developers can request specific properties they want access to.
    ^JT

4. Graph SDK upload limit should be higher

Right now the Graph SDK upload limit is 4MB (http://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/itemuploadcontent). It should be at least 100mb, such as OneDrive SDK provides (https://dev.onedrive.com/items/uploadput.htm)

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expand navigation property of children with a single query

Impossible to get members of Azure AD group with expanded 'manager' property in one request.
    for example:
    https://graph.windows.net/<tenantid>/directoryObjects/<groupid>/members/?api-version=1.6&$expand=manager

we gets the following response:
    {"code":"Request_UnsupportedQuery","message":{"lang":"en","value":"An unsupported query was observed. Please ensure you query does not navigate across multiple reference-properties."}

I suppose reason of such response is clear. and current workaround is the following:
    1) Get group members
    2) for each five members(using OData batch) get manager
    But this way make us do a lot of requests to Azure AD and we expect performance degradation here.

We develop multi tenant application which access Azure AD of all our customers…

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Azure AD Team responded

We are still looking into it! It is due to current platform limitation, and there is some work going on to address this. Again, thank you for the suggestions! Keep the votes coming.

6. accountEnabled property

GET user doesn't return this property by default, unless the query param $select is provided in the URL.

accountEnabled is equivalent to a user's status which is the foremost thing somebody wants to know. Please add this property to be returned by default, without having to use query parameters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Azure AD Graph API: Support for encrypted password

Updating user password though Graph does not support encrypted passwords, the passwords are in clear-text and the security is handled at transport level https.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. set group as owner of another group from azure graph

Allow to set group as owner of another group from Graph

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Pankaj, thank you for the feedback! We’ve added the capability to assign a group as an owner of another group to our backlog.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

9. Return a 'Type' with Users so we can tell which ones are resources

The resources come back with the list of users with no type to identify which is which. They need to be treated differently but it is impossible right now.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Graph REST API for Excel -- Add support for OneDrive Personal

With Azure AD 2.0 Endpoint, Graph API now supports OneDrive personal (in addition to OneDrive for Business). However the Excel API does not yet support OneDrive personal -- we would like it to.
    See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40121236/graph-excel-rest-api-azure-ad-2-0-endpoint-is-onedrive-personal-supported

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workbooks and Charts (Excel)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support clearing values in Graph API

According to this statement http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38249131/how-to-clear-a-field-using-using-microsoft-graph-net-client-library

it is currently not possible to clear "simple" fields of Objetcts via Microsoft Graph (Group.Description, User.Surname ...)

Would be great if this was supported.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Outlook REST API 2 Mark Message as Junk / Spam

Hello,
    I've tried Googling it, but to no avail, so I am here asking for solution to this (seemingly) straightforward question: How do you mark a message as 'Junk' using Outlook REST API 2.0 ? Currently, the API documentation link does not provide any help in this, only thing I could do is as follows, which basically "moves" a message from Inbox to Junk Email, not really ideal.
    Please see my StackOverflow question, where it is suggested I add it to this forum.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40208579/outlook-rest-api-2-mark-message-as-junk-spam
    Regards.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fawad, thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated. This is definitely something we’d like to get to and it is on our roadmap, but we don’t have a timeline yet to commit to. We’ll keep you posted with updates.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

13. Add :/items to the list endpoint when getting list details by URL

The Graph documentation says list items can be retrieved using:
    GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/sharepoint:/{list-path}:/items

But /items is not recognised as a valid segment. Below is the error:
    Resource not found for the segment 'items'.

Getting the list details works fine using:
    GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/sharepoint:/{list-path}

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ability to create a new mailbox in Office 365 from API

I'm creating user on another platform but they also need to have a mailbox on Office 365.
    It would be great to do this automatically using a webservice or REST API.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate PowerBI API into Graph API

PowerBI is a Office 365 service, so please integrate it into the Graph API!!
    We urgently need the integration of Power BI REST API into the Graph API for our customers.
    - The API needs to be accessible as a tenant, not only as a user.
    - We need the ability to programmatically deploy and get datasets, reports and dashboards to specific users and groups.
    - Statistics about usage.
    We need this in the Graph API to combine PowerBI data with the data in Office 365.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a REST Api / Graph access & Flow integration to Site Mailboxes

It would be really helpful for automation if we would be able to access to the content of site mailboxes in order to parse the body of mails

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to retrieve user Description attribute through Graph API

We are using Graph API to retrieve the Users from Azure Active Directory Instance which are synced from On-premise Active Directory instance. As part of it, We are able to fetch most of the information from Graph API Except "Description" Attribute. After discussing with Microsoft support team, it is identified as a limitation from the Graph API side. Can you please include this Description field as a member of User Entity Object. We are in need of this for a High profile Customer requirement, please include this at the earliest possible.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

WhenCreated (createdDateTime) is already exposed on some objects, like user, and organization in Microsoft Graph. This may get extended to other objects. NOTE for the user resource you will need to explicitly $select this property to get it in the response.

We don’t currently expose WhenChanged. I don’t think this is even in the backlog – sorry. We would also need to look at the history aspect, but you could build your own history (including when changed) by using the directory audit logs – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/azure-ad-auditlog-overview?view=graph-rest-1.0

19. Provide example on how to invoke the GRAPH API from within SharePoint Online Page

Please provide an example on how to invoke the GRAPH API from within SharePoint Online page.

I know I have to include a token every time I invoke the GRAPH API, and I need to sign-in to get that token. However, if I'm calling from within SharePoint Online page, I'm already signed-in. It doesn't make sense to sign-in again to get the token.

The token should be somewhere already, and I just don't know how to get it (it's not in the SharePoint Online URL).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SharePoint Graph API "List subsites" results should include Site URL property

Refering to https://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/beta/api/subsites_list

How will the SharePoint Graph API handle nested subsites in return collection?

As of now, the "List subsites" call returns collection of items that contain only two properties: ID and Name of the subsite. The displayed properties do not describe in any way:
    -Site URL
    -Site hierarchy within site collection.

This also makes impossible to perform "get site by url" call after I get list of subsites, as the site url is not retrieved when "List Subsites" call is performed.

I suggest you to include "Site URL" property in the returned collection, so that it can be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base