Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Graph API for Teams telephony objects

It would be useful to have Graph access to the telephony objects in Teams. Right now, I need to use an azure runbook that runs new-csonlinesession in order to retrieve Teams telephony objects like users, phone numbers, call queues, auto attendants, etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    filtering on mobilePhone is tricky because it is a “free-text” field, and there is no format guarantee.
    It can start with the country code, it may not.
    It can be separated by parenthesis, hyphens or dots, or not. Totally depends on the user input.

However, this functionality is currently beta, thanks to the new advanced query capabilities for Directory Objects (see announcement blog post https://aka.ms/CountFilterMSGraphAAD )

Here is the query you can try today by setting:
    1) Beta Endpoint
    2) ConsistencyLevel = eventual header
    3) $count=true parameter

Example: find all users with mobilePhone starting with “+1” (note: + character is urlencoded)

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/graph-explorer?request=users?$select=id,displayName,mobilePhone%26$filter=startswith(mobilePhone,'%252B1')%26$count=true&method=GET&version=beta&GraphUrl=https://graph.microsoft.com&requestBody=&headers=W3sibmFtZSI6IkNvbnNpc3RlbmN5TGV2ZWwiLCJ2YWx1ZSI6ImV2ZW50dWFsIn1d

3. Deleting multiple messages

MS Graph appears to only allow single message deletion. EWS allows multiple messages to be deleted soft or permanently (hard deleted). Can this EWS feature be added to the MS Graph?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a Teams API To send direct messages to users

Currently, the only way to send messages is to post a message on a channel in a team. It would be great if there could be an API to send a direct message to the users. Please let me know if it already exists, because I could not find any such method in the chat object here :
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/teams-api-overview?view=graph-rest-beta

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please include the fields in Graph API: OnPremLineURI, HostedVoiceMail, TargetServerIfMoving, EnterpriseVoiceEnabled, VoiceRoutingPolicy

Please include the fields in Graph API's get/update/post:
    OnPremLineURI, HostedVoiceMail, TargetServerIfMoving, EnterpriseVoiceEnabled, VoiceRoutingPolicy, Department. These fields are coming as a response from powershell. But Powershell response is coming bit late (~3min). Is there any alternate

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an API to fetch calendar events from room resource exactly like we fetching events from user calendar.

Is it possible to provide an API to fetch calendar events from room resources exactly like we fetching events from the user calendar? The same option is available in EWS services. ie we can fetch all events from Room resources.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. can we get deltaLink for messages api irrespective of message folders

synchronization works for messages in folder with this api

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/mailFolders/{id}/messages/delta
    we can get all messages in mailbox with this api

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages/

Is there any way to synchronize messages in mailbox (as deltaLink in first api) irrespective of folders...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Parse the right HTML markup

When generating an email with Bullet points in Mac Outlook and send the email via Graph the bullet points will become a number if the user opens it on a Windows Outlook Machine. All Outlook products should generate the same markup in Word or HTML. Here is the HTML Graph is returning to the email client which swaps out the bullet points to a number.

<html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">
    <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15">
    <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 15">
    <style>
    <!--
    @font-face
    {font-family:Wingdings}
    @font-face
    {font-family:"Cambria Math"}
    @font-face
    {font-family:Calibri}
    p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
    {margin:0cm; …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow updating resourceBehaviorOptions after group creation

As per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/group-set-options resourceBehaviorOptions is a string collection that specifies group behaviors for a Microsoft 365 group. These bahaviors can be set only on group creation (POST).

I would like to be able to update these values later, right now they're considered immutable: Property cannot be updated because it is immutable.

This is specifically useful for us as we would like to enforce certain settings (HideGroupInOutlook, SubscribeMembersToCalendarEventsDisabled, in the future HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled) when some conditions apply.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneNote

Could you please allow OneNote Teams tab configuration via the Graph API? I ran into a situation where my management asked me to setup a template Microsoft Teams channel to create future channels within the same team. The template channel had a tab pointing to a OneNote notebook. While I am able to cycle through the tabs in the template channel and read their configuration, as it turned out, I cannot use that configuration info to setup the same tab within a new channel.

I don't see this being any different than the custom/web tab. Please allow OneNote configuration in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the data public of below API instead of preview

Hello Team,
    It would be appricitate if Microsoft made this data (https://reports.office.com/pbi/v1.0/<Tenant Id>/UserState) publicly available through Graph API. There are many more reports available through this API but unfortunately you can see the data through the browser and its manual therefore there is no way to get it through any script . Please make this data available through some API publicly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support getting MIME of chat Message

Please support getting MIME of a chat message just like we do for Mail Message.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/outlook-get-mime-message

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OnlineMeetings.ReadWrite.All Deprecation

Do not deprecate Application Permissions ability to generate Teams Meetings. This is a valuable function that is used to quickly generate a collaborative meeting for our IT teams to discuss major incidents or outages. Current delegated permissions flows do not allow us to do this in the same manner and will lead to us losing this functionality

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Include group activity for Teams in Graph API's reports

The getOffice365GroupsActivityCounts and getOffice365GroupsActivityDetail endpoints include the number of activities done in different groups in all major collaboration apps except Teams. To develop collaboration in the organization having access to activity levels per app would enable finding what distinguishes highly functional groups from others. The information can, for example, be used to craft internal recommendations to increase efficiency and create internal education programs tailored for the organization.

Data points of interest includes:
    - #conversations
    - #posts
    - #reactions
    - #meetings

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Return Presence State icon

Return the Presence state icon in the Response
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Type: application/json
    Content-Length: 1574

{

&quot;id&quot;: &quot;fa8bf3dc-eca7-46b7-bad1-db199b62afc3&quot;,

&quot;availability&quot;: &quot;Available&quot;,
    &quot;activity&quot;: &quot;Available&quot;,
    &quot;icon&quot; : &quot;{99 99 99 99....}&quot; - Whatever the greendotwithatick value is

}

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it possible to create organizational Contacts using graph API that appear in Exchange Global Address List (GAL)

It has been stated by the Office Dev Team that POST organizational contact will not be supported as...

"With the notion of guests now in Office 365, the decision has been made that Organizational contacts would not be needed moving forward."

For those of us developing with Exchange-centric customers this causes us to develop solutions that must connect to Exchange Online with accounts that do not have Multi-Factor Authentication enabled. Automation is hindered by having to constantly rotate new passwords (via Import-Clixml) and factor that into the code.

This is a security nightmare.

Not to mention, connecting to the…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can you create API in which we get the actual start time and end time of meeting.

And I have started the meeting and ended in one hour, to get this start and end time, we should have a Graph API.

As we are having Graph API for getting scheduled start and end time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. API to retrieving list members/owners of a communication site in SharePoint

Currently, I cannot discover members & owners of a communication site via graph api.
    I think graph api should expose api to retrieving members, owners of communication sites. Of course, I can discover by using SharePoint rest API, but I don't want to change
    Note: for a team site, I can get members, owners by using group api.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add users to Shift groups

We can assign users to shifts through Graph, but we can't assign users to Shifts Groups.
    It is essential for us as an organization, that we can assign users to groups in a Shift. We can add them to the TEAM, but from there, they can't take shifts in the groups.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base