Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get capabilities/APIs available to the current user or tenant

Microsoft Graph abstracts out different services into the single set of APIs, but in practice some services may or may not be available for particular user or tenant.

For example, Azure AD accounts without Office 365 do not have access to /me/people API (Outlook REST API), this API returns 404.

Currently there's no way to determine what capabilities or APIs are available without trying to call the API and handling the error.

Knowing such information in advance would make it possible to build user experiences adaptive to what's available.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please include the fields in Graph API: OnPremLineURI, HostedVoiceMail, TargetServerIfMoving, EnterpriseVoiceEnabled, VoiceRoutingPolicy

Please include the fields in Graph API's get/update/post:
    OnPremLineURI, HostedVoiceMail, TargetServerIfMoving, EnterpriseVoiceEnabled, VoiceRoutingPolicy, Department. These fields are coming as a response from powershell. But Powershell response is coming bit late (~3min). Is there any alternate

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support $filter on get message delta to remove any junk/deleted items in the returned message list.

Support $filter on get message delta to remove any junk/deleted items in the returned message list.

Currently, it seems the get message delta operations returns all new messages including junk/deleted items. The $filter methods are quite limited on this call – only filtering receivedDateTime – not parentFolderId.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allowed set sensitivity option on mail messages

In EWS it was possible to set and read sensetivity option direct from mail messages. In MS Graph API the sensetivity type in only available on Events. It should be possible to send mails with private sensetivity option set. This is needed for a successful ews to ms graph migration.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. expose the same order of tasks as in the To Do App

As a developer
    I wan to be able to get the same sorting order of tasks from the "Microsoft To Do" list as the Android app show
    As the user is able to manipulate the order

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  To-do Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add teams status to Presence information

The presence work done , currently in preview, returns basic presence information.

I’d like to see it return the users status as set in Teams (I.e working from home - last updated 8:40am)

Have had multiple business requests for a solution with this information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. expose the steps of a task via graph api for To-do Tasks

As a developer
    I want to be able to retrieve the steps of each "To-do Tasks" task using the graphs api

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  To-do Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams usage report Graph REST API

There is Teams usage report, Teams user activity report, Teams device usage report available in Microsoft Teams admin center. In Microsoft Teams admin center -> Analytics & reports > Usage reports Below is the link to the docs -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/teams-usage-report

I want use report from Graph Rest API

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. notify of response status changes on shared calendar events for subscriptions

Currently it's possible to create a subscription on a shared calendar. However, when a meeting attendee updates their response status to an event on the shared calendar, no notification is sent to any webhook subscriptions on that shared calendar. Additionally, the shared calendar event doesn't show attendee response statuses in either the Outlook UI or via the graph API; attendee response statuses always show as "none" on shared events.

See here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60497361/why-am-i-not-getting-notifications-for-changes-on-shared-calendar-events

and here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60515773/why-doesnt-my-shared-calendar-event-show-the-updated-attendee-response-statuses

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneDrive REST API - Format file content as a plain text when getting its content

I can easily post plain text content to OneDrive using its REST API but I can't get its content back as a text. I only have to download it as a binary and than convert.

Could you please introduce a new formatter for plain text files like:

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/special/approot:/SomeFolder/data.json:/content?format=txt (or json may be :))

I've found an example of how to work with that currently
    https://github.com/OneDrive/onedrive-texteditor-js
    But IMO it would be significantly easier to just use a simple rest request to get a text file content.

Especially it makes sense when you use Application folder for storing some app settings/data…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Get all calls of a user with

We are using teams with phones in our company and are now looking for a way to automatically track those calls.
    The goal is a system where we automatically bill calls from certain numbers and more.
    For this we would need the duration of a call in the teams call object as an additional property as well as an function to get all calls on a date.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide a Graph API endpoint for cleaning up old versions of OneDrive files (DriveItem).

Although I can retrieve all version of a DriveItem, I can't do anything about those that have a ridiculous number of versions (~40+). A Graph API endpoint (and related support in the NuGet package hopefully) that would allow one to remove selected versions (DriveItemVersion)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for teams/delta

At the moment, there is no way to list all teams using a /teams call. You always need to enter a group id (/teams/<guid>).

That is why we need to resort to
    GET /groups?$select=id,resourceProvisioningOptions

to filter out all Teams in the organization. However, we cannot deduce from the response if said Team is archived or not. This can only be inferred from the /teams call.

It is not feasible / wanted / efficient to query 6000+ Teams in an organization on a regular basis to know if they have been archived through the Teams UI.

That is why a /teams/delta…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow to request /filesFolder with the Channel object

Currently if we want to get driveItem for all channels in the team we need to do one request to get channels first and then separate requests (or batch) to get filesFolder information for each of the channels.
    It would be great if /filesFolder result (or its part) was included in channel information or we could $expand on the filesFolder.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. List children including grandchildren

Would be awesome to have a recursively list function to have also the content of the grandchild in one request.

I want to query folder /foo/ and also get the content of /foo/baar/ e.g /foo/baar/baz.txt.

Read more: https://stackoverflow.com/q/60440298/825532

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow creating itemAttachments with nested attachments via the Graph API

Suppose my Inbox has 'Email 1', which has attachments on it.
    Outlook allows me to attach 'Email 1' to 'Email 2' as an itemAttachment. I can even attach 'Email 2' to 'Email 3' to get another level of nesting.

The Graph API allows me to create itemAttachments but appears to strip out nested attachments.

For example, the following request creates an itemAttachment but strips out the nested attachments (verified via API and Outlook client)

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages/{some-msg-id}/attachments
    Content-type: application/json
    Content-length: 200

{
    "@odata.type": "#microsoft.graph.itemAttachment",
    "name": "Hello world",
    "item": {

&quot;@odata.type&quot;: &quot;microsoft.graph.message&quot;,

&quot;subject&quot;: &quot;foobar&quot;,
    &quot;body&quot;: {
    &quot;contentType&quot;: &quot;HTML&quot;,
    &quot;content&quot;: &quot;lorem ipsum&quot;
    },
    7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Throttling

When we need to get data out of O365 speed is important. The throttling is excessive. Suggest something in the line of E3 4X  standard E5 10X standard. You could even limit the increase to the app IDs of certain level of partners.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow to update message create date (sent date / received date)

Today using graph API is not possible to create email with specific date, this is important for migration / backup & restore scenarios. EWS does allows that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get Users List with Presence

There should be an API which returns all the users with their presence or it's better if we can add presence details in current get users API.

Thanks & Regards,
    Umesh

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow notification for user registration (creation) in Azure B2C tenant

Applications in a B2C workflow need to be able to know when new users have registered.

In our current flow a user purchases a license to our product. The billing software will call a webhook to our application which triggers a transactional email with a registration link (this is an azure B2C registration link). We need to be able to know once the user has completed registration (e.g. we need to be able to subscribe to a "user created" event that calls our application whenever the user signs up). This is important to send a welcome email and bootstrap the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base