Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. transactionId for Update Event API

The transactionId property has been introduced into Create Event API.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/user-post-events?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http#example-1-create-an-event-in-the-specified-time-zone-and-assign-the-event-an-optional-transactionid-value

That would be great if the similar function is introduced into Update Event API. Sometimes our application need to do unnecessary retries due to network issue or Microsoft Graph issue, and it generates unnecessary event update messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add support for OneDrive personal vault folder

I am not a developer so I hope I will be able to explain what I want you to do for them so they can make things better for us ordinary users ;)
    I am using KeePass for storing my credentials and for better security I use the keyfile.
    After you (MS) announced the OneDrive Personal Vault folder feature I got the idea to store the keyfile there.
    Which works perfectly fine in the version of KeePass for Windows, but doesn't work on the Android version, because the filepicker on Android isn't able to browse the Personal Vault folder.
    It…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retrieve custom properties of user profile in Sharepoint via Users API

When editing my profile on my company Sharepoint, I see that there is the section "Custom properties" where I can specify Division, Report To, My Bio.

These information is then shown in the User profile view in MS Delve.

I would like to extract these information, using the Graph API on .NET.
    I have taken a look at the documentation of Users API in v1.0 and beta, but there is no mention of custom properties.
    I have also looked the new Profile API (Preview) but again there is no mention either.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set Channel Moderation via Graph API

Please provide the ability to set channel moderation settings via the Graph API. We have an automated process to set up channels for incident resolution but users have to manually set the moderation settings which is inconvenient and cumbersome and error prone. Would be great to be able to turn this on and add moderators via the API

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We should support more APIs as: multi download for folder and file...

We should support more APIs as: multi download for folder and file...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. expose categories in the todo graph API

categories have been added to the web to-do view, could we get them on the Graph API? Anyone creating Tasks in Outlook has probably set up a number of Categories (I know I have, and it is common 'getThingsDone' advice if using MS Tasks).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add File open and schema extensions to store custom metadata

It seems open and schema extensions are not supported for File resources. It would be very useful to have that, especially as it was something kind of already available in preview in One Drive REST API with custom facets (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/concepts/custom-metadata-facets?view=odsp-graph-online).
    Having extensions on file would allow us to store custom metada on a file in the graph.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Set of presence via publishnote

Would love to be able to edit the status (ie Gone for lunch - back at 2pm) via api.
    Seems to exist via presence.teams.microsoft.com/v1/me/publishnote but at the very best this is currently an undocumented API
    Business case - call center or helpdesk updating the status with the ticket they are currently working on, updating the status when back from lunch etc.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Graph API support for Delete and Update of Channel Messages of a Team

I have a use case where it would be nice to be able to Update or Delete Channel Messages of a Team via Graph API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need support to add multiple linked resource in To Do Task

As per the API available, We can't link more than 1 linked resource for a task. When we try to create the second linked resource on that same task, it throws an error :

"code": "invalidRequest",

"message": "Linked Resource already exists.",

Request you to enable this feature as linked resource value response is available in array.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Update Teams Message/Channel Posts with Graph API.

Users who posted message in Teams Channel can edit the messages later but through the graph api there is no options to update messages or delete messages.
    POST /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages/{id}/replies seems like we can reply to the message but not update the previous message sent. Here I am talking about the same user's credentials. In Teams, a user can edit but not using graph api

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Authentication Methods Phone

It would be nice to have the ability to manage (CRUD) the authentication methods phone number with the application permission type. Currently the only option is to utilize the Delegated (work or school account) to be able to do these type of changes. We have a case where we would like to pre-load the MFA phone numbers for the users as well as in our testing environment to be able to populate test users including their MFA phone numbers. Being able to do this via a automated process/script would be hugely beneficial.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/authentication-post-phonemethods?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Do not require AppRoleAssignment.ReadWrite.All for a service principal if the service principal is an Owner

It seems Service Principals that manage an Application's AppRole currently require AppRoleAssignment.ReadWrite.All Graph role, which would grant it write permissions on all applications. This would make this Service Principal an attack vector and essentially make it impossible for a security-conscious admin to grant this role.
    Graph could check that the Service Principal making an attempt to create an AppRole assignment is an Owner of the Application (like it does when a User is requesting this operation) and avoid requiring the highly-privileged AppRoleAssignment.ReadWrite.All.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendarview filter categories

Filter categories/any(a:a+ne+'Blue+Category') doesn't work with Calendarview

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Graph API to pull lists of users with mailbox settings.

I would like to be able to pull mailbox configuration info for all mailboxes in my tenant. basically anything you can pull from Get-Mailbox powershell. I am specifically looking for settings like retention policy and litigation hold.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provision a new Yammer Group using Graph API

Yammer Native Mode integrates very well with the Microsoft 365 Unified Groups. The most important resources in Microsoft 365 that are connected with groups can be created using the Graph API. We are looking for a way to do the same with Yammer enabled groups. It seems that this is not possible at this moment.

Provisioning of resources is an important use case for many customers. The focus moves in direction of Microsoft 365 Groups. Now that Yammer seems to be ready, it would be nice to be able to provision also these resources from a single endpoint.

We are…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Expose 'private', 'confidential' and other sensitivity properties for the Mail endpoint.

This is quite important for us to determine whether it's appropriate to read an email or not with our tool (currently everything is returned with no indication).

I'm sure there are many other use cases that require sensitive emails to be identifiable.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to create static tab from Graph Api

As, their is already ability for creating configuration tabs is available.
    But we need to add static tabs also from the graph API for specific user. like suppose we have multiple content to show but we need to show some specific content on the basis of the user role. So here we need the ability to create static tabs also from graph API

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Retrieve Likes and Comments from a Sharepoint Page

There is no way to retrieve this info without scraping the actual web page. If there is, could you please point me in the right direction. This should also be added to the Management Activity API so all content (edits/deletes) can be capture for compliance reasons.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Graph API to fetch the permissions for a sharepoint site's pages

We have APIs for fetching the permissions of individual drive items. However there is no API to fetch the sharing settings associated with a Sharepoint site and its pages - i.e. the users and groups allowed to access the site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base