Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. migration articles or hybrid co-existence from/ in AD

Supply a checklist for SSPR in a byrid environment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some of the Organization property names are incorrect under properties section

Some of the organization property names are incorrect. Organization object does have neither companyLastDirSyncTime nor dirSyncEnabled. Please update documentation accordingly under properties section.

Here is the documentation url: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/organization?view=graph-rest-beta

Correct property names should be:
    - onPremisesLastSyncDateTime
    - onPremisesSyncEnabled

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calculate & expose device's primary user based on usage (user to device affinity)

In many reporting scenarios it is necessary to map between users/devices. E.g.,
    * VIP Victor is complaining about something, we need a list of the devices he uses
    * I need to report on crashes (or some other device data) by the user's department/building/etc.

Today we have registeredUsers and registeredOwners, but these can't be used for this purpose because:
    A) They seem to reflect primarily administrative enrollment activity, not end-user-affinity
    B) They are many:many and don't automatically calculate a "primary user" based on logon activity

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I just want to open a file given a URL ...

It should be trivial in node -- if it's a public URL a simple get should work and if it's my word file I should be able to present an authorization token.

Yet when I try to find a simple example for nodeJS I find myself thrown into the full complexity of the Microsoft Graph. Sure, I can master it but there should be a simple way to do simple things. As a bonus, the examples should leverage TypeScript.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When will v1.0 /users response return full profile like beta???

Hi can someone confirm that the v1.0 /users endpoint only returns basic profile while beta does now?

If so when will this prod endpoint return the extended profile information when querying against the /users endpoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Graph - Provide access to ItemAttachment bytes

In the EWS api we could download an email attachment that is itself an email (say message.eml) as a byte array, untouched. This does not appear to be possible in the Graph API. The itemAttachment is visible using $expand=microsoft.graph.itemattachment/item but only as exploded json and attachments to the itemAttachment itself are not there.

I work in a Search and Rescue environment (lives are at stake) and from an auditing/quality/completeness perspective I need to know exactly what was attached to the email (the bytes). I think the API needs to be enhanced to provide this. Can I suggest that the api…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create dynamic groups based on application installation status

This would help when an admin wants to apply a configuration based on application install. Currently, I am deploying a start menu and taskbar layout which includes Office 365 apps but they don't often install by the time the configuration profile has already been applied. So the profile needs to be re-applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support assistant attribute via Graph API

Please expose the assistance attribute via Graph API. Because on Active Directory this is a reference attribute, probably we need something similar to the manager attribute.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Return Description field along with Key/Password Credentials. Inconsistent with front end.

KeyCredentials/PasswordCredentials are assigned a description field when using the portal, but we cannot access that field when using the API. makes it difficult to keep track of changes made manually and ones via the API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Microsoft Word endpoints to the Microsoft Graph API

Microsoft Graph needs to allow access to Microsoft Word Documents by exposed API endpoints.

Basically, all the analogous functionality present in the excel endpoints should also be exposed for the respective similar functions that Microsoft word has.

Why can we not, create, edit, modify, add tables, etc, etc, in Microsoft Word through Microsoft Graph?

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Graph Webhooks - include the changed data in the response

Trying out Webhooks on the Graph beta enpoint for /users and I am missing
    information about what data was changed

Nowhere to be found is what attributes of the user were changed (i my case "Last name"). This makes the triggers totally unusable for "/users" and I cant really think of anyone who could use this function as is? Sure I know the object was changed but I have no idea WHAT happened and if the change was relevant to my function
    Please tell me there are plans to include the actual changes i the trigger response

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't close our email with out pre coordination, that's my idea

Please let me know before that you will close our account for these kind of requirement INFO

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Graph API should support recurrence for Outlook tasks with Outlook.com accounts

I'm trying to get Outlook tasks from the Graph API beta (https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/outlook/task). It is basically working, but I get no recurrence for tasks in my Outlook.com account (recurrence property is null). This works fine for my Office 365 account.

I'm filtering on non-completed items (filter=Status%20ne%20'Completed').

I have also tried this with the Outlook Task REST API (https://outlook.office.com/api/v2.0/me/tasks), which seems to be deprecated, with exactly the same results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for SharePoint Hyperlink or Picture Field Types

You can currently retrive the "Hyperlink or Picture" column from SharePoint but you have no clue of the field type.

It would be cool if the columns call return an additional "hyperlink" property to indicate that its a hyperlink or picture column like

{

"columnGroup": "My Columngs",

"description": "",
    "displayName": "Picture",
    "hidden": false,
    "id": "24b7e088-5176-412d-b484-a760a806f5ed",
    "name": "Picture",
    "required": false,
    "hyperlink": {
    url: &#39;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://some.url&quot;">https://some.url&quot;</a>,
    description: &#39;Some description&quot;
    }
    }

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. consistent retry-after information accross different workloads

Currently OneDrive, Outlook, and AAD Workloads under the Graph send a retry-after header on 429 and/or 503.
    However the documentation doesn't say which workloads support it https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/concepts/throttling and the other workloads don't support it.
    It'd make it easier if that was supported across the board to have a single way to handle those kind of issues.
    Same remark for the rate-limit headers
    related issues: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47146598/not-receiving-retry-after-headers-from-ms-graph-api
    https://github.com/microsoftgraph/msgraph-sdk-javascript/issues/42

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve started documenting and improving throttling mechanisms and patterns.
    Currently all the resources listed under “the following resources currently provide a retry after header” as well as any resource listed under the service specific limits return a retry after header. More work is ongoing to improve throttling patterns, document those and improve overall documentation readability.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/throttling

We’re not planning to bring rate-limit headers back. https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/throttling-coming-to-outlook-api-and-microsoft-graph/

16. Remove User Picture

Hello,
    It would be good if you add the possibility to remove the user picture of an user.

Currently with the Graph API (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/profilephoto_update) we can get the picture and update the picture but we cannot remove the picture (like with powershell Remove-UserPhoto)

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Filter and search support on users is severely lacking and prevents scenario completion

There are several requests for improvement in user apis.
    This api seems to have stagnated and is terrible at scenario completion.
    Given it's current state the only way to achieve true scenario completion is to query each user by id to get their full object, reindex all of this information in a separate solution that is significantly better at search and filter.

There are several requests speaking about the breadth of properties on which filter is not supported.

There are several requests speaking about the lack of information returned by the list apis.

There is an orthogonal people api that…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fetching SharePoint document labels and managed metadata from MS Graph APIs

Currently ms graph api for fetching an item from DriveItem
    (e.g. GET /sites/{siteId}/drive/items/{itemId} etc.) does not provide any information about documents labels and managed metadata.

It is an useful information for large number of documents stored inside a drive.

Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/protect-sharepoint-online-files-with-office-365-labels-and-dlp for labels in sharepoint documents.
    Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/managed-metadata for managed metadata.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Outlook REST API - method to return folder hierarchies

The Me/MailFolders call only returns the top-level folders in the mailbox. It would be nice if it returned a full list of the entire folder hierachy, child folders and all. Businesses that require filing solutions need a full list of available folders to file emails to, and currently we are restricted to EWS for getting a rich list of folder information for the entire mailbox.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable choosing the e-mail domain on Office 365 Groups creation

When creating an Office 365 Group it would be useful to be able to set the primary domain in the e-mail address on creation if the tenant has multiple domains, and you don't want the default to be used.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base