Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a REST Api / Graph access & Flow integration to Site Mailboxes

It would be really helpful for automation if we would be able to access to the content of site mailboxes in order to parse the body of mails

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Graph API bug of access a driveItem by path

When I calling API by path I got some error response if path content some string pattern like 'bin', '.java', '+*'.... .

For example

curl 'https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/root:%2Fbin' -H "Authorization: Bearer $CODE"

I will get a html response like that.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
    <title>404 - File or directory not found.</title>
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;}
    fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;}
    h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}
    h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;}
    h3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;}

header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;

background-color:#555555;}

content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow OData queries (filter and search) to be sorted

if I am searching (or filtering) a mailbox looking for a particular string I would still like to be able to sort the results based on (eg) Received Date/Time to avoid an extra client side step

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Calendar API weblink to support edit mode

Currently when I return event from a users calendar each event also returns a weblink which is great. However this weblink redirects me to a view only version of the Calendar event with limited details and no ability to change to edit mode.

Would like to have a similar implementation to email which starts in view mode but has the ability to reply or forward the email from that screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow applications with app-only token to impersonate user accounts

If an application with an app-only accesstoken could impersonate any other user (not signing them them in with username and password, but impersonating them either by id or userPrinicpalName) then the apps could act more easily on behalf of specified users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Microsoft Graph to delete multiple users and groups

Please enable the deletion of multiple users or groups based on filtered data in Microsoft Graph!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide example on how to invoke the GRAPH API from within SharePoint Online Page

Please provide an example on how to invoke the GRAPH API from within SharePoint Online page.

I know I have to include a token every time I invoke the GRAPH API, and I need to sign-in to get that token. However, if I'm calling from within SharePoint Online page, I'm already signed-in. It doesn't make sense to sign-in again to get the token.

The token should be somewhere already, and I just don't know how to get it (it's not in the SharePoint Online URL).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Category Color to Microsoft Graph API Event.Categories collection

The Calendar Event object contains a simple collection of category names called categories. Enhance the Event object by either:
    1. Add a property to the Event object called CategoryColor, a simple collection of the colors (hex or decimal value) for each category's color. Making the colors a separate property of the event object should make this backwards compatible.

OR

1. The categories collection becomes a collection of category objects. The category object has two properties called Name and Color. Name is a string and Color can be the name of the color of the hexadecimal value of the color. This approach…
    32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to retrieve Custom porperties from a calendar event using Graph

I built a Add-In for Outlook using Office JavaScript to store custom data in a calendar event. Using: loadCustomPropertiesAsync()
    It would be good to have the same functionalities in the Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expanding thumbnails on SharePoint via Microsoft graph

Trying to get thumbnails on SharePoint search

This returns the correct search results:

<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{SHAREPOINT_DRIVE_ID}/root/search(q=&#39;{QUERY}&#39;)">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{SHAREPOINT_DRIVE_ID}/root/search(q=&#39;{QUERY}&#39;)</a>

But this:

<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{SHAREPOINT_DRIVE_ID}/root/search(q=&#39;{QUERY}&#39;)?expand=thumbnails(select=large)">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{SHAREPOINT_DRIVE_ID}/root/search(q=&#39;{QUERY}&#39;)?expand=thumbnails(select=large)</a>

Returns:

{&quot;error&quot;:{&quot;code&quot;:&quot;-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.UnknownError&quot;,&quot;message&quot;:&quot;Unknown Error&quot;,&quot;innerError&quot;:{&quot;request-id&quot;:&quot;69bc5cdf-0f4a-4d60-9c3c-513983dd8e0b&quot;,&quot;date&quot;:&quot;2016-08-04T17:50:11&quot;}}},&quot;status&quot;:500,&quot;statusText&quot;:&quot;Internal Server Error&quot;}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. API Upgrade Tool like the on for FB Graph

This applies to all service endpoints in the Microsoft Graph, and services exposed by each workload. The access logs can tell which apps are using which APIs. When changes are coming down the line for an API that may 1) negatively affect a client application, or 2) give an opportunity to improve an application, AAD should give notice to the app owner that changes to the API can impact their app. This way, customers can be informed of changes. This helps both preview and GA endpoints. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/advanced/api-upgrade-tool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enterprise Master Data Management

In office graph we there are entities manage User, Task, Calendar, Mail, etc.
    But I really find it hard to locate managing enterprise wise data catalog which can be shared across variety of information.
    If I want to store and manage Enterprise wide generic information and their relationship it is not possible.
    E.g. Offices, Cities, Countries, Regions, Offerings, Departments, etc. these are my global master data, which I would like to manage centrally and have it referenced in other LOB applications.
    I believe this information can be stored at Tenant level. It would streamline master data and its usage across…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Outlook OAuth Sandbox App opensource GitHub

The Outlook OAuth Sandbox App at https://oauthplay.azurewebsites.net is really great.

Would like to see the code for this web app to learn how to use the oauth and API for my own applications. There are lot of blogs explaining parts of Oauth and O365 API, but some info is depreciated or not explaining the complete part. Studying this web app would help me a lot to understand the principles and to create better code.

Would it be possible to share the code for this application on GitHub?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to programmatically subscribe users to Office 365 groups

I can see that there is a subscribeByMail method on groups http://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/beta/api/group_subscribebymail but this is for the current user only. We need a way for a service application to do it for any user.
    Note, you can do it via PowerShell - Add-UnifiedGroupLink.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wopiframe url in trendingAround

Is it possible to add the WopeFrame URL to the "trendingAround" endpoint? Then it is possible to create the same experience as whitin Delve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide support for File/Folder sharing events in Web-hooks API of OneDrive for Business

Our understanding is that OneDrive for Business web-hooks API will cover only file/folder create/update/delete events. It would be great if the following use cases are also covered as part of web-hooks API.

1) Invited collaborators on a file/folder
    2) For a collaborator who is already invited, changed permission level from view to edit or from edit to view
    3) Generated a public link for a file or folder

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix insufficient resources exception

Receiving this sometimes (when trying to fetch a conversation from the email api):

{"error":{"code":"ErrorInsufficientResources","message":"Resources are unavailable. Try again later., Cannot query rows in a table."}}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Graph(O365 Unified Api): Create events without specifying timezone(use users calendar standard timezone)

Using the new Microsoft Graph(Office 365 unified Api) you need to specify the timezone for events. It would be nice if it would be possible to create events without specifying the timezone and the timezone the user selected to use exchange online calendar would automatically be used.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. need Outlook Calendar API for Java Application (JAR)

need Outlook Calendar API for Java Application (JAR) I give many effort to find JAR like Google Calender

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base