Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Refresh Power Query

Can you please add in Microsoft Graph API the option to refresh Power Query?
    This is well needed since we have our data sources connected to files sitting on sharepoint online and one drive.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow encrypted passwords to sent when adding/updating users

Adding some tech details: these are the API’s we are talking about: the Create User API in Microsoft Graph. The passwordProfile parameter only allows passwords to be sent in plain text when a user is created.

Our partners want to create an O365 user using the same password as they are storing in their backend (custom built), but they only have the hashed (MD5) password and do not want to unencrypt to send (unsecure, not acceptable to edu/gov customers especially where it can be a major blocker).

Note: Google has this functionality in their insert method of the Directory API…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support embedding DriveItem from MicrosoftGraph in an IFrame

I am trying to embed an Office365 document in a webpage. Currently I am trying to do this by retrieving the item though the Microsoft Graph api then embedding the webUrl in an IFrame.

The issue currently is that the response for webUrl uses the x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN header, so cannot be embedded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable setting of the Group Classification that the UI supports

Either in the creation or update of an O365 group, enable the setting of the Classification. This is only supported through the new group creation screens at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Extend OneDrive to support Open Extensions

It would be really useful for our customers if we were able to extend DriveItems (both folders and files) with Open Extension fields to store additional metadata

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Idea for onedrive application development

My name Ngurah, i am from bali indonesia, I'm not an expert to make apps, but I have a lot of ideas. I have an idea for onedrive application development. how to make my idea to be profitable for onedrive and me. I have idea for onedrive will be simpler and easier to use by students and workers who need tools to store data. help me realize my idea for onedrive. My phone number is 081343962858. thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide an example on how to invoke the Graph API from within WebForms

Our organization has MILLIONS of lines of code written using WebForms and it's not feasible to convert everything to MVC

I know you want to phase it out but a little Webform luvin would help those of us that are actually using your product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow 3rd parties to publish to Graph

Delve is very powerful tool and has been great for discovery and insight for our organization. As a organization that uses Box for it's cloud storage it would be great to see the events that happen there surface into Delve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. delete windows store apps

Unable to delete Windows Store for Business apps using the code provided in https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/intuneappswindowsstoreapp_delete

Failure - Status Code 400; No OData route exists that match template ~/singleton/navigation/key/navigation with http verb DELETE for request

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow v2.0 endpoint authenticated apps to use Office management api scopes and claims

The current azure v2.0 endpoint authenticated access tokens don't work with service management apis listed in this document (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office-365/office-365-service-communications-api-reference)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create REST end point for set and get publishing image fields

Currently we cannot set or get publishing image fields using rest. We can get the publishing image fields using REST if you specify /FieldValuesAsText or /FieldValuesAsHtml but we can't get it the way we get all the other properties.

We also cannot use REST to set this property as it throws and error and states that this field does not exist.

This feature prevents use from bulk uploading list items using REST or PNP-sp-js

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a new permission scope User.ReadWrite.AttributesOnly.All

Currently to update user attributes as an application you need User.ReadWrite.All or Directory.ReadWrite.All scopes.

However, these also let you create user accounts (according to the docs).

It would be nice to have a scope that just let you update all the attributes about users and not create or delete them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need group assignment support while creating user

There are two separate Microsoft Graph APIs for creating user :

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/userpostusers

and assignment of the group to the user
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/grouppostmembers

Idea is to perform both operation in a single call, when creating a user. So no need of second call for group assignment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. External users grant administrative roles similar to azure external admins

Add the ability to grant external users administrative roles for office365. This functionality exists for Azure, but not office365/exchange online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow head request in graph api

In our application we cache some resource ids to mitigate costly graph API calls, say particular Notebook page id , but sometimes we need to verify that resource exists or not

This can be done by a GET request but providing HEAD will be much better as per w3 specs https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alloew adding email of a user using Azure AD Graph API

I want my web application to connect to details of Users store on Azure B2C Cloud. And I require that my web app to create new users with an email address. It is a pain to manually add email id as each time I have to go to Azure for that purpose.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. API Support for Sovereign clouds

Can you support that we can connect to REST APIs to control assets in Sovereign clouds like GermanCloud, ChinaCloud?
    It seems even we can have our own Azure environment.

And I will be nice if we can check those different API end points for those Sovereign clouds.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Azure AD High Level setting changes through REST API

Extend the REST API to allow changing of high level Azure AD attributes including company branding logo, sign in properties and global user settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. to provide Search capability in a Site in SharePoint Online using GraphServiceClient

We are attempting to build a module that connects to SharePoint Online and provides for listing and searching of contents in Site Level and Document Library level. In current implementation of GraphServiceClient, it is possible to search a Document Library using below code:

GraphServiceClient graphClient = new GraphServiceClient(

&quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0&quot;">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0&quot;</a>,

new DelegateAuthenticationProvider(async (requestMessage) =&gt; {
    await Task.Run(() =&gt; { });
    requestMessage.Headers.Authorization =
    new AuthenticationHeaderValue(&quot;bearer&quot;, accessToken);
    }));

var ddd = await client.Sites["SiteUrl"].Drives["DriveId"].Search("srchTxt").Request().GetAsync();

However, the same is not provided at site level. It can be something like

var ddd = await client.Sites["SiteUrl"].Search("srchTxt").Request().GetAsync();

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the API to return the entire text of Notes in Contacts

Currently the API only returns the first 255 characters of Contact Notes in the PersonalNotes field. It should return the entire text of the Notes field in the contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personal Contacts (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base