Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better support recurring calendar event exceptions

When retrieving a list of occurrences for a recurring event (/me/events/{id}/instances), the result is lacking some critical data regarding exceptions. In particular, we need to know the original date/time of an exception, so that we can match it with the original occurrence. Also, there is no information at all about deleted occurrences.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get the entire manager hierarchy

For some projects, authorization depends on skip manager, or double skip manager. Currently, we can only get manager one level above. Our use case: given user, get upper hierarchy of supervisors/managers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get capabilities/APIs available to the current user or tenant

Microsoft Graph abstracts out different services into the single set of APIs, but in practice some services may or may not be available for particular user or tenant.

For example, Azure AD accounts without Office 365 do not have access to /me/people API (Outlook REST API), this API returns 404.

Currently there's no way to determine what capabilities or APIs are available without trying to call the API and handling the error.

Knowing such information in advance would make it possible to build user experiences adaptive to what's available.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support setting the replied flag on messages

Our solution supports workflows that send out messages automatically using createReply and send, as well as the reply endpoint. These are considered auto-replies by the user and it is confusing that the replied flag shows up in outlook for the original message. Ideally, there would be a way, when using send or reply, to indicate whether the replied flag should be set on the original message. Alternatively, the ability to change the replied flag on a message would let us fix it after the fact.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Graph API : Planner API, ODATA support, $filter, $top, $orderby...

Enable , ODATA in Planner API's, to permite $filter,$top, $orderby, ...

At this moment ODATA is not support all ODATA, only support $select.

Thank you!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many users have plans that are very large and supporting these kinds of APIs would result in an unpredictable experience for your users, since queries could be throttled.

The best approach is to use the one taken by our first-party client. Retrieve all the tasks and then filter them client side.

Our APIs are performant, so retrieving tasks and processing them locally should be easy. For large datasets, you can use diff sync to retrieve any updates that have happened on the service and update your local cache.

6. Provide a Graph API endpoint for cleaning up old versions of OneDrive files (DriveItem).

Although I can retrieve all version of a DriveItem, I can't do anything about those that have a ridiculous number of versions (~40+). A Graph API endpoint (and related support in the NuGet package hopefully) that would allow one to remove selected versions (DriveItemVersion)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get groups photos using app-only permissions

Currently group's photo may be retrieved only using delegated permissions (/v1.0/groups/{id}/photo/$value). It would be much easier if this endpoint would also work with app-only permissions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. expose the same order of tasks as in the To Do App

As a developer
    I wan to be able to get the same sorting order of tasks from the "Microsoft To Do" list as the Android app show
    As the user is able to manipulate the order

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  To-do Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OneDrive REST API - Format file content as a plain text when getting its content

I can easily post plain text content to OneDrive using its REST API but I can't get its content back as a text. I only have to download it as a binary and than convert.

Could you please introduce a new formatter for plain text files like:

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/special/approot:/SomeFolder/data.json:/content?format=txt (or json may be :))

I've found an example of how to work with that currently
    https://github.com/OneDrive/onedrive-texteditor-js
    But IMO it would be significantly easier to just use a simple rest request to get a text file content.

Especially it makes sense when you use Application folder for storing some app settings/data…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to request /filesFolder with the Channel object

Currently if we want to get driveItem for all channels in the team we need to do one request to get channels first and then separate requests (or batch) to get filesFolder information for each of the channels.
    It would be great if /filesFolder result (or its part) was included in channel information or we could $expand on the filesFolder.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Write permission on user calendars

Would be great if we were able to give 3rd party applications just the right to Write in to the users calendar without being able to read the users meetings. For this a simple free-busy permission would be great as well.

Then we can have calendar functionality without giving away data to other vendors.
    As calendars can contain sensitive information that you are not in control over (you could get an meeting invite from someone else with sensitive information).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow $filter on showInAddressList for /users and /groups

I'd love to be able to filter the /users and /groups collection on the showInAddressList property.

This would allow us to get all users and groups that are to be shown in the addressbook, currently this means retrieving them all and filtering afterwards (but that poses issues with pagination).

For groups, there is a dependency on this UserVoice: https://microsoftgraph.uservoice.com/forums/920506-microsoft-graph-feature-requests/suggestions/32677822-support-hiddenfromaddresslistsenabled-property-on

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send a delta link item when public links are created or deleted for Sharepoint Drives

For OneDrive drives, when a public link is added to an item, the delta link will return that item. This doesn't happen for Sharepoint drives (document libraries). For consistency the behavior should be the same.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. List members from Exchange Dynamic Distribution Groups

I would like to do a request like "/groups/{id}/members" in order to get all the members from a particular Exchange Dynamic Distribution Group.

Also, I would like to have a way to find the ID of an Exchange Dynamic Distribution Group (for example, a request to "/groups/" does not return any group of this type).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support add reactions to message Graph API

Support add reactions to message Graph API

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allowed set sensitivity option on mail messages

In EWS it was possible to set and read sensetivity option direct from mail messages. In MS Graph API the sensetivity type in only available on Events. It should be possible to send mails with private sensetivity option set. This is needed for a successful ews to ms graph migration.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. allow the usage of filter to retrieve chat for MS teams chat

Currently Our project is using the API (mentioned bellow) to read all the messages of particular channel of MS Team

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/channel-list-messages?view=graph-rest-beta

it is ok to hit this API for small conversation but as the conversation becomes lengthy( by the time), then the API takes long to retrieve the message. So please provide enable the filter to retrieve the teams messages by date filter.

There are filter which can already be applied to message(on mail ) and people.
    Can this filter will also be enabled for channel messages for MS Teams.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Get sharing reports for SPO sites

Usage of the Graph API to get sharing reports for SPO (and ODB) sites in bulk - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/sharing-reports

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. permission - additional info

i would like to know if a link is password protected and its expiration date when relevant

when i get permissions for a file i dont seem to receive this data
    api call
    graphClient.users('email').drive().items(id).permissions()

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base