Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. display more than 100 rooms from room list

Display more than 100 rooms from room list

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Application Permissions in the Search API

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/search-query?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

Currently, the Search API only allows searching for a particular user with delegated permissions. Our use case requires us to be able to search with application permissions. Application permissions should be supported for the Search API.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Variable throttling limits depending on license or app

When we need to get data out of O365 speed is important. The throttling is excessive. Suggest something in the line of E3 4X  standard E5 10X standard. You could even limit the increase to the app IDs of certain level of partners.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better support recurring calendar event exceptions

When retrieving a list of occurrences for a recurring event (/me/events/{id}/instances), the result is lacking some critical data regarding exceptions. In particular, we need to know the original date/time of an exception, so that we can match it with the original occurrence. Also, there is no information at all about deleted occurrences.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get all calls of a user with

We are using teams with phones in our company and are now looking for a way to automatically track those calls.
    The goal is a system where we automatically bill calls from certain numbers and more.
    For this we would need the duration of a call in the teams call object as an additional property as well as an function to get all calls on a date.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add daily information to Teams Admin center usage reports and expose the same in Graph API

Currently Graph API expose a smaller version of the Teams Usage metrics in the /getTeamsUserActivityUserDetail endpoint. These are available either per employee daily or aggregated by periods of 7, 30, 90 or 180 days.

On the other hand, the Teams Admin center has more detailed metrics (like average time on calls, or share screen time) but it only allows for aggregated data on periods of 7 and 28 days. (i.e. no daily information per employee).

It would be great to have consistency on these different reports. Ideally to have graph API to be able to retrieve same information that is…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Graph webhooks - groups - new drive notification

Send notification when new drive is created under the group. Currently, there is no notification - webhook created for /groups and also tested it with /groups/{groupId}.
    Drive was added through sharepoint - new document library. With sharepoint api, there is also no such option - I'm only able to subscribe to a specific list({listId})/subscriptions.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    filtering on mobilePhone is tricky because it is a “free-text” field, and there is no format guarantee.
    It can start with the country code, it may not.
    It can be separated by parenthesis, hyphens or dots, or not. Totally depends on the user input.

However, this functionality is currently beta, thanks to the new advanced query capabilities for Directory Objects (see announcement blog post https://aka.ms/CountFilterMSGraphAAD )

Here is the query you can try today by setting:
    1) Beta Endpoint
    2) ConsistencyLevel = eventual header
    3) $count=true parameter

Example: find all users with mobilePhone starting with “+1” (note: + character is urlencoded)

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/graph-explorer?request=users?$select=id,displayName,mobilePhone%26$filter=startswith(mobilePhone,'%252B1')%26$count=true&method=GET&version=beta&GraphUrl=https://graph.microsoft.com&requestBody=&headers=W3sibmFtZSI6IkNvbnNpc3RlbmN5TGV2ZWwiLCJ2YWx1ZSI6ImV2ZW50dWFsIn1d

9. Get messages by ids

In EWS it is possible to get more than 1 mail item by item ids. Can this be supported in Graph API? Graph API seems to allow fetching one message at a time via GET /me/messages/{id}.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for application permission to get a list of chats

I want the feature to get a list of chats with application permission. For developing a custom application for the eDiscovery/litigation purpose, administrator need application permission to get a list of chats.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expose iCalUId on deleted calendar events

For integrations that cannot rely on the opaque ID alone, as iCalUId is very different (uniquely identifies the same event on EVERY calendar, not just the user's calendar)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Simple endpoint to receive all calls from all users

It would be very helpful if /communication/calls or /me/calls simply provides a list of all calls, as well as the /me/messages list.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. add support for OneDrive personal vault folder

I am not a developer so I hope I will be able to explain what I want you to do for them so they can make things better for us ordinary users ;)
    I am using KeePass for storing my credentials and for better security I use the keyfile.
    After you (MS) announced the OneDrive Personal Vault folder feature I got the idea to store the keyfile there.
    Which works perfectly fine in the version of KeePass for Windows, but doesn't work on the Android version, because the filepicker on Android isn't able to browse the Personal Vault folder.
    It…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support getting MIME of chat Message

Please support getting MIME of a chat message just like we do for Mail Message.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/outlook-get-mime-message

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Return Presence State icon

Return the Presence state icon in the Response
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Type: application/json
    Content-Length: 1574

{

"id": "fa8bf3dc-eca7-46b7-bad1-db199b62afc3",

"availability": "Available",
    "activity": "Available",
    "icon" : "{99 99 99 99....}" - Whatever the greendotwithatick value is

}

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provision a new Yammer Group using Graph API

Yammer Native Mode integrates very well with the Microsoft 365 Unified Groups. The most important resources in Microsoft 365 that are connected with groups can be created using the Graph API. We are looking for a way to do the same with Yammer enabled groups. It seems that this is not possible at this moment.

Provisioning of resources is an important use case for many customers. The focus moves in direction of Microsoft 365 Groups. Now that Yammer seems to be ready, it would be nice to be able to provision also these resources from a single endpoint.

We are…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Expose 'private', 'confidential' and other sensitivity properties for the Mail endpoint.

This is quite important for us to determine whether it's appropriate to read an email or not with our tool (currently everything is returned with no indication).

I'm sure there are many other use cases that require sensitive emails to be identifiable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Update API details of MS Teams Presence\Status to Busy

Required Update API for updating the MS Teams Presence\Status update to Busy\Other

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base