Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recall option

Option to recall the sent email as available in the outlook app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graph API endpoint for attendee report

We have to track the online time of attendees in meetings for education certification.
    Currently there is only a manual download option in the web-interface.

Please add a Graph API endpoint for attendee reports. That endpoint should also provide the summarized online time of an attendee in a meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow creating new chats and adding members to chats via Graph API

We would like to be able to create new 1:1 user chats with Graph API. We can create new channels using POST /teams/{id}/channels; need similar capability for POST /users/{id}/chats.

Also once chat is created we need to be able to add users to existing chat. Something like POST /chats/{id}/members

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delete meeting from calendar without sending cancellation

It's not currently possible to remove or delete a calendar entry from a calendar without sending out a cancellation to the attendees. This would be a nice feature to have

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expose 'private', 'confidential' and other sensitivity properties for the Mail endpoint.

This is quite important for us to determine whether it's appropriate to read an email or not with our tool (currently everything is returned with no indication).

I'm sure there are many other use cases that require sensitive emails to be identifiable.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a property for the external or guest users email addess on CallRecord

We wish to automate linking call/meetings held on teams to a CRM, we can get a call data via:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/callrecords-callrecord?view=graph-rest-1.0

But if a participant is an external user, or guest a tenant/or random ID is shown - but I cannot see any way to lookup who this was.. as their data is on an external tenant or they were a guest.

Adding an email property here would allow us to link to participants to customer records by email giving us invaluable interaction data that we used to have when using a standard phone system to hold conferences/meetings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Access a list of Meetings/Call Data via GraphAPI

For us to use teams as our primary communication tool we need to integrate into our CRM and obtain stats on its use both internally and with external users.

I can currently subscribe to a webhook https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/subscription-post-subscriptions?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http

That sends us individual call ID and I can get the call data via the API on a call by call basis (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/callrecords-callrecord?view=graph-rest-1.0)

But I cannot get data if a webhook was missed, there was a communcation error or not setup at the time. Webhooks have a short expiry time so it seems are not intended for long term use?

Teams…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add support for application permission to send message in chats

As a third-party security service provider, we need to scan all the messages in chats and send warning messages to inform users when found a phishing URL or malware were sent in chats.

So we need to send messages in a chat by using Application permission since Delegated permission requires that the delegated user is one of the members of that chat.

We wish can use an App to send messages to every existed, or newly created chats in Teams.

Currently the API 'Send chatMessage in a chat' not supports Application way.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/chat-post-message?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Querying todo should only require minimal permissions

I am trying to query the tasks list (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/graph/api/resources/todo-overview?view=graph-rest-beta#task-list) (GET /me/todo/lists) but it only works when I have the Tasks.ReadWrite permission. Shouldn't Tasks.Read be sufficient?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for application permission to get a list of chats

I want the feature to get a list of chats with application permission. For developing a custom application for the eDiscovery/litigation purpose, administrator need application permission to get a list of chats.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add support for OneDrive personal vault folder

I am not a developer so I hope I will be able to explain what I want you to do for them so they can make things better for us ordinary users ;)
    I am using KeePass for storing my credentials and for better security I use the keyfile.
    After you (MS) announced the OneDrive Personal Vault folder feature I got the idea to store the keyfile there.
    Which works perfectly fine in the version of KeePass for Windows, but doesn't work on the Android version, because the filepicker on Android isn't able to browse the Personal Vault folder.
    It…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Parse the right HTML markup

When generating an email with Bullet points in Mac Outlook and send the email via Graph the bullet points will become a number if the user opens it on a Windows Outlook Machine. All Outlook products should generate the same markup in Word or HTML. Here is the HTML Graph is returning to the email client which swaps out the bullet points to a number.

<html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">
    <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15">
    <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 15">
    <style>
    <!--
    @font-face
    {font-family:Wingdings}
    @font-face
    {font-family:"Cambria Math"}
    @font-face
    {font-family:Calibri}
    p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
    {margin:0cm; …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add hosted content count field to the chatMessage resourse.

It would be useful if the chatMessage resource could return the total number of hostedContents when listing team channel messages by using the following methods:

1. GET /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages

2. GET /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages/delta

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manage Microsoft Teams Tags

Let's manage the tags of Microsoft Teams (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-tags).
    The following Methods would be great:
    - Create tag
    - Update tag
    - Delete tag
    - Get tag
    - List tags
    And for members:
    - List members
    - Add members
    - Remove members

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add daily information to Teams Admin center usage reports and expose the same in Graph API

Currently Graph API expose a smaller version of the Teams Usage metrics in the /getTeamsUserActivityUserDetail endpoint. These are available either per employee daily or aggregated by periods of 7, 30, 90 or 180 days.

On the other hand, the Teams Admin center has more detailed metrics (like average time on calls, or share screen time) but it only allows for aggregated data on periods of 7 and 28 days. (i.e. no daily information per employee).

It would be great to have consistency on these different reports. Ideally to have graph API to be able to retrieve same information that is…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add /Lists/{List ID}/items/{item ID}/permissions endpoint

Allow us to manage permissions on ListItems in the same way we can manage permissions on /Drives/{Drive ID}/items/{item ID}/permissions.

Use case: List contains potentially sensitive items that we want to restrict to users based on the contents of a people picker column (not necessarily the creator/modifier).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Move message from one mailbox to another

If we have the graph API access token for 2 users. Then a feature to move a message(email) from user1's folder to user2's folder should be possible.

This capability is available with ecp mailflow rules.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. properteries returned from credentialuserregistrationdetails takes about 24 hours to reflect changes

When a users registration status changes or displayName of the user changes, these changes take about 24 hours to be reflected when making a call to...
    GET /reports/credentialUserRegistrationDetails

Can we please improve the change frequency to a much more reasonable time. Sooner the better of course.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/credentialuserregistrationdetails?view=graph-rest-beta

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update Teams Message/Channel Posts with Graph API.

Users who posted message in Teams Channel can edit the messages later but through the graph api there is no options to update messages or delete messages.
    POST /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages/{id}/replies seems like we can reply to the message but not update the previous message sent. Here I am talking about the same user's credentials. In Teams, a user can edit but not using graph api

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide License Assignment Time under users endpoint in Microsoft Graph

Currently the list users endpoint - https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/users, only provides the assignment time of individual service plans bundled under an SKU. It would be great if the assignment time of the SKU could be provided under the assignedLicenses field. An additional ask here would be to also provide the activation time of a license by a user and license revokement time.
    Note - Although this license assignment time information could be obtained from audit logs, they only provide this information for any licenses assigned in the last 30 days and not beyond that, so getting this info under users endpoint…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base