Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide message weblink in edit mode

When POSTing a message using the /me/message endpoint, a webLink is provided in the response. The link point to the draft message in read mode, and the user have to click the edit button to complete and send the message.
    It would be usefull to provide a link that lands directly in edit mode.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow updating user presence via POST /presence

As we now have access to the user presence resource via the beta API, the only supported API call is currently a GET request. However, the possibility to update the user presence with a POST or PUT request is currently not supported.
    The ability of updating the user presence via API would greatly help us, especially considering that it is something that is supported for Skype for Business currently.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Leverage Security API to access MCAS alert info

Currently, we can query the Graph Security API to get MCAS alerts but the info is limited. The Description contains the file name but there's no other file information. We have to use the MCAS powershell module to get file info such as file path, Collaborators, sharing status and the Sensitive info type that triggered. All of this info is available through the MCAS alert console. It would be nice to be able to get that additional information from Graph.

We're trying to build a report of all alerts with all file and other data available and Powershell ends up…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make Files.ReadWrite.AppFolder scope available for business accounts.

We have created a Microsoft Teams business app with a Bot that searches for specific content and posts filecards directly back to the user. For that we need to upload the file to the users OneDrive via Microsoft Graph.

As we are also focused on data security we would like to restrict our app and the permissions it uses, which led us to the Files.ReadWrite.AppFolder scope.
    Unfortunately this scope is only valid for personal accounts and not supported on business accounts.
    Therefore we have to ask the user for delegated Files.ReadWrite permissions which gives us access to the entire OneDrive…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Graph Excel - CreateSession on a version of a file

Currently, CreateSession method for Excel only support the latest major version of a OneDrive file (Sharepoint file indeed): could it be possible to add support for SharePoint version of a file ?
    We can get version of a DriveItem
    https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/graph/api/resources/driveitemversion?view=graph-rest-1.0
    But not CreateSession on it
    https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/graph/api/workbook-createsession?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add to MS Graph API work with SharePoint permissions

With SharePoint Online REST API we can work with role assignments and role definitions. So we want to do the same things with MS Graph API.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create Event should include a Boolean to enable an option to 'send notifications to attendees'

I need to restore events from a user calendar through MS Graph API without notification sent to the attendees. The problem is that when the event is created, it automatically sends an email to all attendees, whether it's old or new event. I want to just create the event without any email send. I also tried to add a ResponseRequested=false and responseStatus=None properties, but it's do nothing.
    I'm unable to find any option how to control this. Create Event should include a Boolean to enable an option to 'send notifications to attendees' if its false then it will not send…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Compliance Score Graph API

Expose the Microsoft Compliance Score Graph API like the Secure Score API. Most of the previous Secure score improvement actions have been moved to Compliance score and are now not accessing for reporting via the Graph.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add "workingHours" object to API queries of bookingServices to expose custom availability

Booking Services can be configured with custom availability, through the MS OEM Bookings configuration portal. However this availability is not exposed to the 1.0 or beta Graph API.

My suggestion is to model the workingHours object from List staffMembers Graph API query. Just as custom availability is exposed for staff, it shoudl be exposed for services.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer Booking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Ethernet Mac Address to Get managedDevice API

Hi, we are currently using https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/intune-devices-manageddevice-get?view=graph-rest-1.0 to extract some info about clients.

We find it rather strange that we are able to get the Wifi Mac Address but not the Ethernet Mac Address via the API.

I know that the ethernet mac address was added at a later point and maybe thats the reason for it not being included in the API in the first place. Are there any plans of adding this?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add support for Application permissions on Planner tasks routes

The routes for Tasks and planner don't support yet Application permissions.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expose assignedTo property in TODO APIs to assign the task to any user

As a developer, I want to implement TASK functionality in a product so that I can assign task to any user or add participant for my task with New TODO Graph APIs. Currently, this is not available in the TODO APIs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Retrieve custom properties of user profile in Sharepoint via Users API

When editing my profile on my company Sharepoint, I see that there is the section "Custom properties" where I can specify Division, Report To, My Bio.

These information is then shown in the User profile view in MS Delve.

I would like to extract these information, using the Graph API on .NET.
    I have taken a look at the documentation of Users API in v1.0 and beta, but there is no mention of custom properties.
    I have also looked the new Profile API (Preview) but again there is no mention either.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Set of presence via publishnote

Would love to be able to edit the status (ie Gone for lunch - back at 2pm) via api.
    Seems to exist via presence.teams.microsoft.com/v1/me/publishnote but at the very best this is currently an undocumented API
    Business case - call center or helpdesk updating the status with the ticket they are currently working on, updating the status when back from lunch etc.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Retrieve Likes and Comments from a Sharepoint Page

There is no way to retrieve this info without scraping the actual web page. If there is, could you please point me in the right direction. This should also be added to the Management Activity API so all content (edits/deletes) can be capture for compliance reasons.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include custom fields on the Booking Appointment API

The Booking Appointment API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/bookingappointment?view=graph-rest-beta) does not include any custom fields that may have been included as part of the service definition.

It would be great to have the API result updated to include the custom fields, both question and response.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Customer Booking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support Re-register for MFA for a user with Graph

Admins and apps should be able to programmatically enforce "Re-register MFA" for a user. This is missing in Graph.

See also https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-userdevicesettings
    "Require Re-register MFA makes it so that when the user signs in next time, they're requested to set up a new MFA authentication method."

Thx, Toni

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Expose 'private', 'confidential' and other sensitivity properties for the Mail endpoint.

This is quite important for us to determine whether it's appropriate to read an email or not with our tool (currently everything is returned with no indication).

I'm sure there are many other use cases that require sensitive emails to be identifiable.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add hosted content count field to the chatMessage resourse.

It would be useful if the chatMessage resource could return the total number of hostedContents when listing team channel messages by using the following methods:

1. GET /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages

2. GET /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages/delta

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add /Lists/{List ID}/items/{item ID}/permissions endpoint

Allow us to manage permissions on ListItems in the same way we can manage permissions on /Drives/{Drive ID}/items/{item ID}/permissions.

Use case: List contains potentially sensitive items that we want to restrict to users based on the contents of a people picker column (not necessarily the creator/modifier).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base