Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflowor if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include photo even if user has no exchange-license

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/firstname.lastname@contose/photo/$value doesn't return a photo if the user has no exchange-license. Exchange license should not be required for this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow insights/used to include include the unique id of the document used

Would be very useful to query whether user has "used" a specific document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow filtering on insights/used by ResourceVisualization/Title

We can only filter on ResourceVisualization/Type or ResourceVisualization/ContainerType but to get to whether a user has "Used" a specific doc we need to check against a title.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Office graph insight should retrieve relevant results

Office graph insight should retrieve relevant results !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Wopiframe url in trendingAround

Is it possible to add the WopeFrame URL to the "trendingAround" endpoint? Then it is possible to create the same experience as whitin Delve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow background image to be changed on the About Me page

On the About Me page of Office 365, you have the capability to change your profile image, but there is no option to change the background image, so you are stuck with whatever image Microsoft chooses for you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow time travel in the Microsoft graph

The Office graph contains an enormous amount of useful metadata (who is connected to who, which documents are beind read and so on).

But it's information is transient. We can only access the current state.

There are a wealth of information management, analytics, user adoption and reporting applications that would be enabled if we could "time travel" the office graph i.e. For any given query, know what the graph response is today and know what the graph response would have been at any given point in the past or for a specified time interval - essentially allowing us to add…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Office Graph to find experts (user)

I have found this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/develop-office-graph

This technology sounds very promising and I understand that it is still in preview, but before I dive in too deeply, I was wondering if I can use this API (in the future) to search for experts (users) on a certain topic.

I have doubts that are caused by this line:

To present the most relevant content in different contexts, the Office graph uses a two-step analysis. First, it calculates which users in the graph are most relevant to the current context. Second, it retrieves the most relevant content associated with these users.
    My Idea…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Social Network of project and Office-document sharing

Would be really useful for all students studying in international fields of their studies to be able to share their projects and presentations and be able to access or view other peoples' work. This would be linked with your Microsoft account and it would be nice to have a rating system for shared projects.

Think about how much more effort students around the world would put on their projects when they are trying to achieve publicity and good grades online with their school projects. Now that we have Office for iPhone and iPad also the sharing of your documents straight…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. This is a compelling idea and we will think through the potential of building this out and provide an update here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base