Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expose assignedTo property in TODO APIs to assign the task to any user

As a developer, I want to implement TASK functionality in a product so that I can assign task to any user or add participant for my task with New TODO Graph APIs. Currently, this is not available in the TODO APIs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Querying todo should only require minimal permissions

I am trying to query the tasks list (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/graph/api/resources/todo-overview?view=graph-rest-beta#task-list) (GET /me/todo/lists) but it only works when I have the Tasks.ReadWrite permission. Shouldn't Tasks.Read be sufficient?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. expose the steps of a task via graph api for To-do Tasks

As a developer
    I want to be able to retrieve the steps of each "To-do Tasks" task using the graphs api

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To Do smart lists in API

Currently, there does not seem to be a way to retrieve Microsoft To Do smart lists (such as All, Planned, and My Day) and the tasks within them in the API.

It would be appreciated if these were made available under the API as lists or if individual task items were given a property indicating smart lists they belong to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. expose categories in the todo graph API

categories have been added to the web to-do view, could we get them on the Graph API? Anyone creating Tasks in Outlook has probably set up a number of Categories (I know I have, and it is common 'getThingsDone' advice if using MS Tasks).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support Delta Query for To-do tasks

There is currently no support for delta query for To-do tasks. It is very much needed.

Is it already planned? The timeline is needed to plan future integrations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. expose the same order of tasks as in the To Do App

As a developer
    I wan to be able to get the same sorting order of tasks from the "Microsoft To Do" list as the Android app show
    As the user is able to manipulate the order

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. API endpoint to generate to do list invitation link

Allow us to retrieve the invitation link using the API.

We would like to show a subscribe link in our internal web app for each of our projects. That way, people can choose which projects they want to contribute to / keep track of in our organisation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable singleValueExtendedProperties in the new Microsoft To Do APIS (https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/todo/lists/)

Currently i don't see the ability to add singleValueExtendedProperties to the https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/todo/lists/ so moving from /me/outlook/tasks to /me/todo/lists might pose some issues for currently used extended properties

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Get shared task folders using Graph API

Looks like the current API to get taskfolders doesnt return shared task folders - and hence if I call this API for myself, I only get task folders which I created, not which were shared to me by another user.

I am referring to this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/outlookuser-list-taskfolders?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get data about Praise app

hey, do you know if is possible get data about all comments & users in praise app?
    would be good can get all information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide webhooks for Tasks (MS To-Do)

We are integrating Microsoft To-Do with another service. To avoid polling, we would like to be able to subscribe to Microsoft To-Do list related events. We found similar subscriptions for files and email, but nothing related to Microsoft To-Do tasks.

See documentation for /subscription endpoints, Change notifications: "Use the Microsoft Graph API to get change notifications"

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Endpoint for My Day in Microsoft Todo

Currently the https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/outlooktask?view=graph-rest-beta endpoint does not mention if the todo is in the users my day category

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To Do smart lists in API

Currently, there does not seem to be a way to retrieve Microsoft To Do smart lists such as All, Planned, and My Day and the tasks within them in the API.

It would be appreciated if these were made available under the API as lists or if individual task items were given a property indicating smart lists they belong to.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base