Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow '/drive' to the end of a call to get Team Channel drive information

The call to get a Team Channel information <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams/{team-id}/channels/{channel-id}">https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams/{team-id}/channels/{channel-id}</a> gives us no reference to access the channel files.
    I propose allowing /drive to be added to the end to access the location in SharePoint

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog, it is work that currently isn’t scheduled. This will be something that the dev work is starting soon at which point will update the feature here.

2. Microsoft Teams: Create channel with a webhook

Using Continous Delivery and Deployment:
    I would like to create an specific channel with a webhook for each environment I've created temporarily.
    In those channels my applications can post messages via the webhook.

Benefit:
    I have a specific channel for each environment.
    No manual action to create a webhook for a specific channel.
    Channels can be created temporarily (with a webhook) (days to weeks) till the devleopment is finished.
    Simple identification which messages belong to which enviroment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ms Teams Education - API release assignments & submissions

Please, deploy API for MS Teams Educaton to integrate assignments & submissions. It is really a pain to have the whole organization working on two systems because the API is still in beta version. Is there any deployment date planned? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We would like to have the graph call for joined Teams to support the favorite status, like in the Teams app.

We would like to have the graph call for joined Teams to support the favorite status, like in the Teams app.

The isFavorite property of the /beta/me/joinedGroups endpoint does not return the same favorite-state as reflected in the Teams Application.

{

&quot;id&quot;: &quot;138944aa-3d78-4f70-9a67-d34c3afe0ee4&quot;,

&quot;accessType&quot;: &quot;public&quot;,
    &quot;displayName&quot;: &quot;a team&quot;,
    &quot;EmailAddress&quot;: &quot;ateam@.....onmicrosoft.com&quot;,
    &quot;isFavorite&quot;: false,
    &quot;LastVisitedDateTime&quot;: &quot;2018-03-22T10:24:20Z&quot;

}
    There currently is no way to get the 'favorite' state a team has in the teams application.

Only a post request to /groups/138944aa-3d78-4f70-9a67-d34c3afe0ee4/removeFavorite seems to influence the isFavorite property. But this doesn't change anything in the teams application

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

5. Create team from group with extended properties

We would like to create a team from an existing group with extended properties like it is possible for 'PUT /groups/{id}/team'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. regarding attaching sharepoint file with posting message to Teams

i can't attach file in posting posting message to channel in Teams, how to handle this scenario.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable creation of a link to Teams

Enable link to teams for external users to access calls or provide an API that can be hosted on another App for users to join teams calls

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide an API to get the user's activity stream (notifications) in Teams

We need to get the content of the user's acitvity stream in Teams. "All notifications" and "unread notifications" would be really helpful to create alternative visualizations.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. API method for creating a chat thread message reply

I am in need of an API method which can be used to create a chat thread reply message. The latest beta version of the Microsoft Graph API will allow me to create a new chat thread along with the first message, but I cannot add additional messages or replies.

The documentation states that this feature will be included in a future release. I'm adding this feature request to express my interest in this planned feature.

I need this method because I am migrating discussions from another CMS, into Microsoft Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Beta  ·  1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. API to create Teams for Classes

Add API calls to let developers create Teams for Classes. Also add API calls to allow developers to connect to the "Assignment" tabs - to be able to export averaged grades... etc.

Also - please clarify what is deprecated and what is relevant in the documentation. It is very difficult to figure out what is still being supported and what is not. (I.e. Microsoft Classroom vs Microsoft Teams for Education).

I found Office 365 REST API for Schools/Teachers... but I am not finding anything that can access the new framework in teams.

Please help!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)