Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add users to Shift groups

We can assign users to shifts through Graph, but we can't assign users to Shifts Groups.
    It is essential for us as an organization, that we can assign users to groups in a Shift. We can add them to the TEAM, but from there, they can't take shifts in the groups.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get open shifts and assign people to them

We can get assigned Shifts through Graph (and Power Automate / Flow). But we can't get open shifts. It is essential for us as an organization, that we can run through open shifts and offering them to users.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add feature to set "Allow members to upload custom apps" setting of team

I want to set "Allow members to upload custom apps" setting of team via API. There is an API to update team settings, but there is no option to control "Allow members to upload custom apps".

Update team: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/team-update?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http
    teamMemberSettings resource type: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/teammembersettings?view=graph-rest-1.0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable $orderBy on me/chats endpoint

We need to get the most recent (MS Teams) chats for a user and need to order by lastUpdatedDateTime (or at least createdDateTime). Please allow this.

The error when using $orderBy for the me/chats endpoint currently is:

"Query option 'OrderBy' is not allowed. To allow it, set the 'AllowedQueryOptions' property on EnableQueryAttribute or QueryValidationSettings."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add support for creating chat messages on the user endpoint

In the current graph beta, user chats and their messages can be enumerated using GET /users/{id}/chats and GET /users/{id}/chats/{id}/messages. However, new messages cannot be posted to the messages endpoint i.e POST /users/{id}/chats/{id}/messages . Please add this functionality.

The desired functionality exists for team channel messages by posting to the channel messages endpoint (POST /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages). Replicating this for user chats using the same json payload would seem to be the most appropriate solution.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  5 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Receive realtime notification/create subscription when a member joins a team

Right now subscription of channel messages/chat messages can be created, but not for when a member joins a team. This is a very important feature due to compliance concerns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pinned Channels in Microsoft Teams

With the announcement at Ignite 2019 of Pinned Channels it would be great if we could get access to them via the Graph API. You could add a property to the Channel called 'isPinned' and/or make a call to get all pinned channels in one hit e.g. me/pinnedChannels

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Application permission to support AppCatalog.ReadWrite.All

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/teamsapp?view=graph-rest-beta, only delegated permission is supported to manipulate Teams AppCatalog which means a sign-in user is needed when taking use of those APIs. However, the Application permission can provide the ability to make related actions more automatically and support more meaningful and realistic use-cases.

For example, my use-case is to provided an application to automatically install a new Bot, created in Azure, to Teams. So I really think the Application permission is needed.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Get all the replies of message in List Channel Messages request

To get the replies for a message, call the list message replies or the get message reply API but this is a time-consuming task to make two separate requests each time of the single message. In the background, we are checking each message replies even though they don't have any replies. This almost takes 30-45 seconds to load at least 15 latest messages. Can you please support OData query parameters such as expand.
    e.g.
    1) /teams/<TeamId>/channels/<ChannelId>/messages?$expand=replies
    2) /me/joinedTeams?$expand=channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Working with Teams without admin consent

To make automated tests of MS Teams, you need to use the designated list of Graph API requests.
    But the Graph API requests all require the access type “Group.ReadWrite.All” using admin consent, which is not useful for our customers.
    The proposal would be to add one more access type, for example with the name “Group.ReadWrite”, which will allow the creation of a team, creation of a channel in the team, sending a message to the channel and replying to that message.
    The same user needs to be able to delete the channel and the team previously created.
    This is be…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. List activityStatistics using Application permission

It will be handy if application permission is supported to call "List activityStatistics " MS Graph API. Right now only "Delegated permission" is support.

There're some scenarios that we don't have logged users but need to call this API.

For ex: We would like to get how long a user did join a meeting to automatically enter his/her timesheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. enable proactive messaging for chat box into groupChats for meeting participants

There are numerous use cases for bots to send proactive messages to single individuals, teams-channels or groupChats, e.g. to all participants of a current meeting. There are workarounds to implement the personal proactive messaging, but they cannot be applied to groupChats for meeting participants, since the workaround relys on the fact, that the bot receives a conversation update once to be able to post a message to that user. Since meeting chats / groupChats only begin to exist once a person posts a message to it, there is no chance for the bot to create this conversation.

I recommend to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support embedding OnlineMeetings and LiveMeetings from MicrosoftGraph in an IFrame

Actually I'm trying to embed an OnlineMeeting URL (obtained by Graph API) into an iFrame.
    Despite I'm able to select the platform on which i would have the meeting (Browser), something seems don't work properly, and an error shows up (probably related to Same-Origin policy).
    I'm actually looking for a workaround, waiting for an official implementation tutorial or guide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add teams status to Presence information

The presence work done , currently in preview, returns basic presence information.

I’d like to see it return the users status as set in Teams (I.e working from home - last updated 8:40am)

Have had multiple business requests for a solution with this information.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create live meeting via api

We have integrated the teams meeting on our client code but then we where asked for handling 2000 users on the specific implementation which is not posible for teams normal meeting limitations it would be amazing to have an endpoint for create live events in order to handle this .

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Resume chat info in /chats/ request

In /chats/ request (beta) there are few useful fields. Is a nice idea to add some additional info, as last message, participants count.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide more user information in a Shift object

Provide a user object instaed just a "userId" property like it is already available in the "lastModifiedBy" object.

Talking about "GET /teams/{teamId}/schedule/shifts" and / or "GET /teams/{teamId}/schedule/shifts/{shiftId}" requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix startDateTime and endDateTime on /beta API

When creating an OnlineMeeting using the Microsoft Graph API, in the /beta API, it is not setting the startDateTime and endDateTime attributes.

This is the payload I'm using:

```
    {

&quot;startDateTime&quot;: &quot;2020-09-26T14:33:30.8546353-07:00&quot;,

&quot;endDateTime&quot;: &quot;2020-09-26T15:03:30.8566356-07:00&quot;,
    &quot;subject&quot;: &quot;Microsoft Teams Meeting 123&quot;,
    &quot;participants&quot;: {
    &quot;organizer&quot;: {
    &quot;identity&quot;: {
    &quot;user&quot;: {
    &quot;id&quot;: &quot;USER_ID&quot;
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

```

The response is always this:

&quot;startDateTime&quot;: &quot;0001-01-01T00:00:00Z&quot;,
    &quot;endDateTime&quot;: &quot;0001-01-01T00:00:00Z&quot;,

Please, advise.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As a owner, Be able to add accept the Pending Requests in a Team using Graph API?

I am the owner of many teams, and i have hundreds of members in many Teams,
    they send the pending request to their co-workers in the team, but they have to wait until I accept the request one by one. I am always accepting their requests Teams anyways, so I was hoping If I had a api to accept my requests. I would write a script to accept my requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Return user presence as part of the User object

Include user's presence status in the User object. So the presence status can be obtained along with other user attributes as part of GET /users/{id} request instead of executing separate GET /users/{id}/presence or GET /communications/presences request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base