Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create scheduled online meetings

We are able to create ad-hoc online meetings, but are currently unable to create scheduled online meetings from the Graph API which will send meeting invites just as if we scheduled the meeting in the Teams client.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Booking Teams Calls/Meetings with Graph API

When building a custom tool to book rooms and meetings, it would be very good if we have support for booking teams meetings/calls with the help of Graph API.
    At the moments it is not supported, only "meetNow" Teams meetings creation are supported: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/onlinemeeting?view=graph-rest-beta

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. support the ability to provide attachments when creating/replying to a Channel conversation

Currently through Graph API new parent conversations or replies can be created in a Channel. However, there is no capability to include attachments when creating these posts.

This capability is important as it helps other systems seamlessly create conversations in Teams and eliminate manual effort required for handling attachments completely.

Please let us know if this capability is already in the Graph roadmap and it's current status.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get Attendance for Teams Meetings

We need to know who attended a meeting in Teams.
    if you can give us that data GoTo/Zoom would no longer be needed !!
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/onlinemeeting-get?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I download a message of teams channel, I would like to have access to the inline images.

I got the html-code, but the URLs of the embedded images are kind of https://eu-api.asm.skype.com.eu.cas.ms/v1/objects/... and I only have access to them when I am connected via the TeamsClient. My Angular App uses the MSAL library.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Get rid of the concept of "Protected APIs"

The protected APIs are listed on this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/teams-protected-apis

The whole process of getting permissions to use these APIs is really irritating. Why on the earth a tenant admin has access to everything, without making any additional movements, but an app should ask for special permissions directly from Microsoft? After all, the "working days" are only Wed and Fri, really? Are you so busy reading zillions of the incoming forms?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide possibility to retreive Response in body from POST /teams simliar to POST /groups

POST /teams does not provide any return value in the body like GroupID etc.
    compared to POST /groups.
    E.g. in PowerApps or Flow you want to create a Team and use the GoupID for creation of a channel. This is possible with post /groups and upgrate to teams but not with post /teams as the GroupID is returned in header not in body(empty setction)

HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
    Content-Type: application/json
    Content-Location: /teams/{teamId}
    {
    }

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Configure Call forwarding

Let us configure call forwarding for Teams like we could do with UCWA: https://www.orbid365.be/automate-call-forwarding-in-skype-for-business-online/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support @mention when posting new MS Teams messages.

Support @mention data when posting new chat messages using the Microsoft Graph API. The Microsoft Teams user interface allows for this, but the Microsoft Graph API endpoints remove @mention metadata and markup from new messages. We observed this using the POST /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/chatthreads endpoint, but it might affect other endpoints also.

The same functionality should be added to the endpoint for replying to threads once it is developed.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

10. Create Team: Add property mailNickname

It sould be possible to set the property mailnickname when creating a new team (POST /teams) like it is possible with the powershell module (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/teams/new-team?view=teams-ps)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow posting messages to Teams with Azure App rather than delegated permissions

Currently you cannot post messages to Teams with application permissions, only delegated permissions are supported.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

12. add outbound webhook for praise

I am looking for a way to take real time Praise submissions in teams and send them to an external system. I would like to be able to know who submitted the praise, as well as whom it was for and all additional information associated with it.

I can create a custom webhook and connector for this in short term but would like to be able to leverage the built in functionality instead of recreating it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide graph api to read Microsoft Teams—>Chat—>Praise

I would like to build an app called "Wall of Fame" using that API method to consolidate all the praises within a team channels / org wide.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve on Forward Groups message to Teams Groups API eml message's Timezone setting header

When Groups' message is forwarded to Teams Conversation using Graph API, the original message's (eml file) timezone setting is all changed into UTC time while message's timezone is setting outside of UTC. This situation is only happens on using Graph API and I would like to request to put request header or some option to align with original message's time.
    (SharePoint team site's timezone and user's mailbox are not set based on UTC)

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/groups/{Groups-id}/posts/{post-id}/forward

{
    "comment": "comment-value",
    "toRecipients": [
    {
    "emailAddress": {
    "name": "Test Demo",
    "address": "channelemailaddress@apac.teams.ms"
    }
    }
    ]
    }

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow '/drive' to the end of a call to get Team Channel drive information

The call to get a Team Channel information <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams/{team-id}/channels/{channel-id}">https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams/{team-id}/channels/{channel-id}</a> gives us no reference to access the channel files.
    I propose allowing /drive to be added to the end to access the location in SharePoint

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog, it is work that currently isn’t scheduled. This will be something that the dev work is starting soon at which point will update the feature here.

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More granular Graph API permissions for Teams

The Graph API, in its current iteration, is essentially unusable at an enterprise level. Access is granted to read/write to ALL Teams spaces which is a LOT of power to give an application. Either have the Graph API include specific Teams IDs which it can access or have each Team include configuration to allow specific registered app IDs to access their data. In the later case, an admin would still approve the app access in the tenant but the Team owner would need to add the app ID to the Team before any data could be read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft Teams: Create channel with a webhook

Using Continous Delivery and Deployment:
    I would like to create an specific channel with a webhook for each environment I've created temporarily.
    In those channels my applications can post messages via the webhook.

Benefit:
    I have a specific channel for each environment.
    No manual action to create a webhook for a specific channel.
    Channels can be created temporarily (with a webhook) (days to weeks) till the devleopment is finished.
    Simple identification which messages belong to which enviroment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ms Teams Education - API release assignments & submissions

Please, deploy API for MS Teams Educaton to integrate assignments & submissions. It is really a pain to have the whole organization working on two systems because the API is still in beta version. Is there any deployment date planned? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create team from group with extended properties

We would like to create a team from an existing group with extended properties like it is possible for 'PUT /groups/{id}/team'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base