Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add/Support "Request to add members" feature through Graph API

We are missing the possibility to recreate #MicrosoftTeams 's feature "Request to add members" with #Microsoft Graph API.

We would like to be able to generate this "request" on behalf a member of a team.
    This request nee to add at least the native notification inside the Teams client to help owner(s) decide if yes or no, they approve or decline the request.

At the moment it seems this feature is not available from Graph API (v1 or event beta) and more annoying it seems to be an abnormal behavior if we try to add member on behalf a member…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support edit / delete message Graph API

support delete message and edit message.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get the total number of replies of each message when listing channel messages

The response object when listing channel messages or getting a specific message, should give the total number of replies.
    This way, we don't have to fire a potentially heavy request just to be able to use this property.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All channel types, Private and Standard need the filesFolder property

Team Channels have the filesFolder property. Currently only Private Channels have this property instantiated. Standard Channels do not. Normally a standard channel’s file space is a folder on the drive and can be correlated to the channel by channel name. If though you change the channel name via the Teams UI, it only changes the channel name but not the underlying folder name on the drive. Internally Teams seems to work but with Graph when matching channel to drive/folder there can exist the issue of not being able to match by name. If both types of channels had the filesFolder…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. graph api to hide/archive channels

At the moment, only archive teams are there. In some cases, the teams is still active but some channels within that teams is inactive. Requesting an API to archive/hide/show inactive channels.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search API for Teams

It is great to be able to get messages from a channel, but there is no way to search to get specific messages or replies. I was looking to build a solution that utilized search, but found it is not possible. I would like to be able to use the query language currently supported in Teams UI but not through the Graph API

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add teams status to Presence information

The presence work done , currently in preview, returns basic presence information.

I’d like to see it return the users status as set in Teams (I.e working from home - last updated 8:40am)

Have had multiple business requests for a solution with this information.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide an API to read, add and remove saved messages in Teams

I have a scenario where when a user saves a message I want to see those messages and list them in an application.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. support /delta for teamwork chats, channels, and replies

If you have an application that reads Teams chat and channel messages it is hard to know when you have recent replies to old messages.

Eg if you have an application that needs to keep abreast of all replies, and,

If you have a user making a reply to a 6 month-old-message in a channel,

How does your application find out?

If it could request channel messages with a /delta then that would work. It would then know which messages to call "get replies" for.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneNote

Could you please allow OneNote Teams tab configuration via the Graph API? I ran into a situation where my management asked me to setup a template Microsoft Teams channel to create future channels within the same team. The template channel had a tab pointing to a OneNote notebook. While I am able to cycle through the tabs in the template channel and read their configuration, as it turned out, I cannot use that configuration info to setup the same tab within a new channel.

I don't see this being any different than the custom/web tab. Please allow OneNote configuration in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support Get Meeting Graph API

Currently, the Graph API supports Teams meeting acquisition only for vct meetings.
    I want to get the participants, start time and end time of a regular meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. shift api not working , POST /teams/{teamId}/schedule gives 204 response

this api is not working after post call if you make GET call, in response you can see provision state as failed without and code.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the ability to delete a teams chat via graph api

The ability to delete a teams chat through the graph api.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. API to Get active Co-Authored users

There is no a common way to get active Co-Authored users. Word has the object to get the list. PowerPoint has the object but it has limited functionality. Excel does not have any api to get the list of the users. Many applications (addons) requires this function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manage Microsoft Teams Tags

Let's manage the tags of Microsoft Teams (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-tags).
    The following Methods would be great:
    - Create tag
    - Update tag
    - Delete tag
    - Get tag
    - List tags
    And for members:
    - List members
    - Add members
    - Remove members

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Extend presence resource type

Add Away subtypes like ‘On holiday’ and ‘Sick’, so you have a better idea about when a person will be available again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for teams/delta

At the moment, there is no way to list all teams using a /teams call. You always need to enter a group id (/teams/<guid>).

That is why we need to resort to
    GET /groups?$select=id,resourceProvisioningOptions

to filter out all Teams in the organization. However, we cannot deduce from the response if said Team is archived or not. This can only be inferred from the /teams call.

It is not feasible / wanted / efficient to query 6000+ Teams in an organization on a regular basis to know if they have been archived through the Teams UI.

That is why a /teams/delta…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide "add channel" capability to "Create onlineMeeting" API

There is no API to invoke "Meet Now" on a teams channel. The Create onlineMeeting (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/application-post-onlinemeetings?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http) API doesn't provide a way to attach to channel the way it is available when scheduling a meeting through Teams Calnedar GUI.

We would like to show a "Join" icon on a channel for an ongoing meeting. It can be achieved if "add channel" capability to "Create onlineMeeting" is available like the GUI

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. leave Team and update browser

Hi,

For now, with Graph API, I try to leave a Team by deleting the user reference in both owners and members groups (where there is more than one user/owner to allow it) and the browser is not updated, the Team is still in the UI browser.

Still the same with the Graph API when I try to delete the group and delete it again in the directory/deleteditems group. The team is still there in the UI browser, it's not left and updated.

I tried to disconnect many times, delete browser cache with no success. I have to leave/delete the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. REST API to create a chatMessageReaction for a chat message

Hi,

It would be a great addition to support liking / unliking using the Graph API.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base