Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Graph API to setLike on SharePoint posts

Currently you have to update the like count on a post from a mobile app using the MS Graph API. If using the content approval process, the post keeps reverting to pending every time it is liked. It would be preferred to use the old SharePoint endpoint of setLike. Then the likedBy can be updated and the post won't change to pending.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to create SendLink sharing links via the API

The SharePoint REST API current provides methods for creating Organizational sharing links, Anonymous links, etc, but does not include any medthod for creating the new SendLink sharing links (as described in the following blog post https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-OneDrive-Blog/Introducing-a-new-secure-external-sharing-experience/ba-p/112624). Please add support for this ASAP, as this new sharing method is very powerful and most importantly, much more user friendly for external users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support publishing image fields in Microsoft Graph API

When getting Sharepoint list items, the query responds with a 500 error ('An unspecified error has occurred') when selecting a publishing image field: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/{siteid}/lists/{listid}/items/{item_id}?expand=fields(select=Title,PublishingPageImage)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft Graph SharePoint API use the ODATA spec for parameters

I am a long term SharePoint REST API developer and have grown used to using the standard ODATA spec parameters such as $expand, $filter etc..

I have recently started to investigate if the Microsoft Graph SharePoint API is usable, and the first thing I noted was that the get list item API uses an expand parameter but eschews the $ prefix:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/listitem_get

I am quite disappointed in this, can we get the API to align with the ODATA spec so us SharePoint REST API developers can transition to the graph API?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to get all sites list from sharepoint using client credentials flow

At present using the client credentials flow we get only list of tenant sites but we need to get all site list, at least names and ids.

I know this can be achieved using ROPC flow but we either have to login or get user password which is not a good thing to do.

Please refer to the discussion below:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50699284/microsoft-graph-and-azure-ad-user-authentication

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to upload large files using msgraph api from iOS custom app to sharepoint shared folder.

We have a requirement to upload large files using MSGraph API from customized iOS application to sharepoint shared document folder. Can you please provide related API rest service or code base to send larger videos or photos from iOS application using MSGRAPH API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apply Filter on Lookup Column using Microsoft Graph API

We have Event list and it has Sponsor lookup column. We wanted to get all the events based on sponsor from event list and for that we are using Expand command in Graph API but it doesn't work. Please provide solution to achieve this requirement. Thanks in Advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide method which can create a new site policy to Office 365 site

To make the site collection read only, you have made site policy mandatory, but there is no way to create a site policy problematically. Please do either of one.
    1> Either add the "ReadOnly" parameter to -LockState
    2> Provide a way to create new site policy programatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support Writing to PersonOrGroup Columns

Currently it isn't possible to write values to a PersonOrGroup column in a List Item. The API lacks the ability to retrieve a list of people or groups, making it impossible to determine the ID stored in the Site's _catalog. It also lacks the equivalent to SharePoint's Web.EnsureUser() method making it impossible to generate new IDs based on an existing User object.

Request is:

• Support returning list of users and groups from the site

• Provide an equivalent to Web.EnsureUser() that handles transparently mapping an existing User or Group entity to a Site's catalog.

• Support returning the actual User or Group…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide supported API endpoints to match SharePoint homepage "Recent", "Frequent" and "Suggested" sites

Scenario is that we would like to surface the same feed of data (Recent, Frequent, Suggested sites) that are displayed on the SharePoint homepage https://tenant.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx, from a SPFx web part.

For consistency it makes sense for this to be added to Microsoft Graph.

Ideally it will be available for via GraphHttpClient (once https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329220-sharepoint-dev-platform/suggestions/31310038-add-additional-permissions-to-graphhttpclient is live)

We COULD call the old SharePoint homepage API's for Recent, Frequent, Suggested sites, because they were hosted under the tenant.sharepoint.com hostname and auth was already handle, but we understood this approach would be unsupported. New APIs are hosted on a new domain and are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. filter with content type in subsite

When we try to expand items inside subsite, it is returning only one type of content type, we have two types of content types we are not able to access 2nd content type

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Graph Api for all the files externally shared

It would be really helpful if we can retrieve all the externally shared files in sharepoint site or group

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create REST end point for set and get publishing image fields

Currently we cannot set or get publishing image fields using rest. We can get the publishing image fields using REST if you specify /FieldValuesAsText or /FieldValuesAsHtml but we can't get it the way we get all the other properties.

We also cannot use REST to set this property as it throws and error and states that this field does not exist.

This feature prevents use from bulk uploading list items using REST or PNP-sp-js

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. to provide Search capability in a Site in SharePoint Online using GraphServiceClient

We are attempting to build a module that connects to SharePoint Online and provides for listing and searching of contents in Site Level and Document Library level. In current implementation of GraphServiceClient, it is possible to search a Document Library using below code:

GraphServiceClient graphClient = new GraphServiceClient(

&quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0&quot;">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0&quot;</a>,

new DelegateAuthenticationProvider(async (requestMessage) =&gt; {
    await Task.Run(() =&gt; { });
    requestMessage.Headers.Authorization =
    new AuthenticationHeaderValue(&quot;bearer&quot;, accessToken);
    }));

var ddd = await client.Sites["SiteUrl"].Drives["DriveId"].Search("srchTxt").Request().GetAsync();

However, the same is not provided at site level. It can be something like

var ddd = await client.Sites["SiteUrl"].Search("srchTxt").Request().GetAsync();

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skills Tagging through Microsoft Graph

Please add Skills Tagging (get, update) to the Microsoft Graph. Would be great to unify ALL the data in a user profile through the API

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Retrieve Blogs Microsoft Graph

Please add Blogs (List, and single blog) to the Microsoft Graph. Would be great to unify ALL the data in a user profile through the API

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide different site level search capabilities within Graph and SharePoint Search

I'm attempting to build a SharePoint catalog. Ideally, options would include: Sites I own, All sites I have access to (can get from search, but if a site is restricted from search don't think this will work), complete catalog of sites (including those I don't have access to so I can submit a request to access). Would be nice if Available metadata included: Last updated date (Content), Metadata to allow opt in / out of master catalog, last time I accessed the site.

Some of this may be in search, some in graph, some isn't available, some requires administrative access.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide example on how to invoke the GRAPH API from within SharePoint Online Page

Please provide an example on how to invoke the GRAPH API from within SharePoint Online page.

I know I have to include a token every time I invoke the GRAPH API, and I need to sign-in to get that token. However, if I'm calling from within SharePoint Online page, I'm already signed-in. It doesn't make sense to sign-in again to get the token.

The token should be somewhere already, and I just don't know how to get it (it's not in the SharePoint Online URL).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Expanding thumbnails on SharePoint via Microsoft graph

Trying to get thumbnails on SharePoint search

This returns the correct search results:

<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{SHAREPOINT_DRIVE_ID}/root/search(q=&#39;{QUERY}&#39;)">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{SHAREPOINT_DRIVE_ID}/root/search(q=&#39;{QUERY}&#39;)</a>

But this:

<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{SHAREPOINT_DRIVE_ID}/root/search(q=&#39;{QUERY}&#39;)?expand=thumbnails(select=large)">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{SHAREPOINT_DRIVE_ID}/root/search(q=&#39;{QUERY}&#39;)?expand=thumbnails(select=large)</a>

Returns:

{&quot;error&quot;:{&quot;code&quot;:&quot;-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.UnknownError&quot;,&quot;message&quot;:&quot;Unknown Error&quot;,&quot;innerError&quot;:{&quot;request-id&quot;:&quot;69bc5cdf-0f4a-4d60-9c3c-513983dd8e0b&quot;,&quot;date&quot;:&quot;2016-08-04T17:50:11&quot;}}},&quot;status&quot;:500,&quot;statusText&quot;:&quot;Internal Server Error&quot;}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base