Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Publish Throttling limit for Sharepoint

There are throttling limits given for outlook and teams at the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/throttling.
    What is the limit after which the throttling starts for graph API calls for SharePoint.

SharePoint decided not to publish their throttling limits see the following abstract: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/how-to-avoid-getting-throttled-or-blocked-in-sharepoint-online#why-cant-you-just-tell-me-the-exact-throttling-limits.

It will be really useful to get the limits for SharePoint too.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add to MS Graph API work with SharePoint permissions

With SharePoint Online REST API we can work with role assignments and role definitions. So we want to do the same things with MS Graph API.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retrieve Likes and Comments from a Sharepoint Page

There is no way to retrieve this info without scraping the actual web page. If there is, could you please point me in the right direction. This should also be added to the Management Activity API so all content (edits/deletes) can be capture for compliance reasons.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add /Lists/{List ID}/items/{item ID}/permissions endpoint

Allow us to manage permissions on ListItems in the same way we can manage permissions on /Drives/{Drive ID}/items/{item ID}/permissions.

Use case: List contains potentially sensitive items that we want to restrict to users based on the contents of a people picker column (not necessarily the creator/modifier).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Graph API to allow to download list item attachment

As for today it's not possible to access attachments in the Sharepoint list item and this requires to use REST API.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add siteusers and sitegroups endpoints

Add to MS Graph API analogues of the SharePoint Online REST API methods:
    1) /api/web/siteusers
    2) /
    api/web/sitegroups

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow search within a document library using OData $search

Enable the $search OData parameter to search within SharePoint Online sites, document libraries, etc.

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/{siteId}/lists/{listId}/items?$search="whatever"

If this is not intended as the new Search API is growing, I'd suggest that Application Permission Type (application token credentials) are allowed in this endpoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. sharepoint listitem $filter support on fields

It is currently impossible to filter list items by their title or any other field via the Graph API.
    Adding support for list items filtering on fields would help query list items.
    Example of query
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/{siteId}/lists/{listId}/items/?$expand=fields($filter= Title eq 'value')

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. API to retrieving list members/owners of a communication site in SharePoint

Currently, I cannot discover members & owners of a communication site via graph api.
    I think graph api should expose api to retrieving members, owners of communication sites. Of course, I can discover by using SharePoint rest API, but I don't want to change
    Note: for a team site, I can get members, owners by using group api.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Combine 3 calls to list items into one using the list URL

Today, to get items for a given list, I need to do it in 3 calls and 3 statements:
    1. Get the Site then take the site ID

2. Get the lists for the site (there is no filter) then filter by name.
    3. Get the items and fields.

Instead, there should be a call that takes the list's URL as parameter "https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/Lists/MyList" for example.
    The graph processor should be able to dicier the site and list and just give the item like it does now.
    There will be 1/3 the network traffic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For the current SP lists, it's possible to format a column as User/Group. However, the expected value is unclear

One of the great things with SP lists is that you can add a name, person, as responsible or similar to an item. You get that user lookup to our AD/Delve, but using the Graph API to insert the user is ambiguous to say the least.

There is no documentation stating what value/format that should be added. Browsing the net, I believe that the "SP User ID" is the correct value to add. However, not all my responsibles have accessed the site just yet, which means they don't have a SP User ID for my Site Collection.

Our Microsoft Partner…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include the Path to the Term in the Managed Metadata Terms API response

I have been using the new Graph APIs to return Managed Metadata Terms. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/termstore-term-get?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

One thing that is missing that I require is the path of the term. It can be returned in the JSOM and CSOM. The client I'm working for has large termsets, and without displaying the path of the term to the user, it makes it difficult for them to select the one they want.

In JSOM you can return
    Key: The ID of the term
    Name: The name of the term
    Path: The path of the term
    TermSet: The Id of the parent TermSet of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PULL Notifications

Please, get back the PULL notifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Get sharing reports for SPO sites

Usage of the Graph API to get sharing reports for SPO (and ODB) sites in bulk - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/sharing-reports

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow for creation of new List Column

Using Graph API, we can currently access and update values in existing columns for a given item, or supply values for existing fields/columns when we upload files. However, there doesn't appear to be functionality in place for creation of a new SharePoint list column. This would be useful in the case of a program that checks for the presence of a column before adding to it, and if there is no column present, it creates it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow ListItem Field Access for SharePoint Libraries

Currently, the only way to get custom properties from a library is to use this format:
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/<drive id>/root/children?expand=listItem

If one tries to access the "fields" property using the ListItem calls, it will not return any user-defined columns.
    e.g: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/<site id>/lists/<list id>/items?&expand=fields

This appears to be a bug in which one cannot retrieve custom fields for a SharePoint library without a very specific and convoluted Graph query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delta tokens for entire mailbox/OneDrive/SharePoint

Add support for Delta tokens for entire mailbox/OneDrive/SharePoint site (to avoid walkthrough each folder).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. manage content types (create/update)

As it's impossible (https://github.com/pnp/pnpjs/issues/457) to create custom Content Types using the SharePoint Rest API, a Graph endpoint is needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Site sharing settings

Add support for SPO "Site sharing settings".

E.g. when we create a new Group or Team, we want to set the site sharing permissions to "Only site owners can share files,folders, and the site" and we want to disable the "access requests" to the new group/team.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. /me/followedsites returns deleted sites

calling /beta/me/followedsites will return sites that no longer exist.

For example:
    1. I created a subsite x.sharepoint.com/sites/hello/there
    2. I followed the sub site x.sharepoint.com/sites/hello/there
    3. I deleted the subsite from x.sharepoint.com/sites/hello
    4 calling /beta/me/followedsites returns this deleted site in the list

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base