Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send message with a larger than ~3 MB file attachment

Through Graph, there is NO way to compose or quick send a message having, let's say, a 6 MB PDF brochure. I'm not asking for attachments of hundreds of MB, but the current limitation is a huge bug.
    UploadSessions in the context of Messages could be a solution path to the inherent limitation of embedding base64 file content in a Json.
    A

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Microsoft Graph developer,

We are excited to announce that this feature is now available via Microsoft Graph beta endpoint for you to try. You can find more details on the release @ https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/attaching-large-files-to-outlook-messages-in-microsoft-graph-preview/

Please keep sharing your feedback, feature requests via the UserVoice forum.

Thanks
    Sivaprakash Saripalli
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Graph

2. Basic read access to users messages

The ability to access mail messages on behalf of a user without the body or attachments of the messages. This permission scope is similar to Mail.Read.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Graph API Retrieving Nested Mail Attachments Not Available

Graph API Retrieving Nested Mail Attachments Not Available

We are using the Graph API to connect to an account using Java. We are able to make calls to retrieve user details, mail details, headers and attachments, etc… One of our use cases require us to retrieve information related to nested attached emails (e.g. an email in the account has an attached email. This email has an attached email and also some attached files). By using the Graph API, we are able to retrieve information related to the email including attachments https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages/{messageid}/?$expand=attachments. From what’s returned, we are able to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Graph - Provide access to ItemAttachment bytes

In the EWS api we could download an email attachment that is itself an email (say message.eml) as a byte array, untouched. This does not appear to be possible in the Graph API. The itemAttachment is visible using $expand=microsoft.graph.itemattachment/item but only as exploded json and attachments to the itemAttachment itself are not there.

I work in a Search and Rescue environment (lives are at stake) and from an auditing/quality/completeness perspective I need to know exactly what was attached to the email (the bytes). I think the API needs to be enhanced to provide this. Can I suggest that the api…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mail.ReadBasic.All permission scope

The ability to access a users mailbox as an application (app-only) without access to the message body or attachments.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base