Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix "/outlook/masterCategories" API endpoint for personal outlook accounts

I have authorized the scopes

mail.read
    user.read
    mailboxsettings.readwrite

so I should be able to access a user's inbox categories, but the beta API endpoints starting with "outlook" mentioned in this post:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/exchangedev/2017/10/09/new-outlook-apis-in-the-microsoft-graph-rooms-rules-categories-headers-and-time-zones/

are not accessible whatsoever.

Keep in mind I tested this endpoint and it works perfectly: https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/mailFolders

but this one: https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/outlook/masterCategories returns the error:

{

"error": {

"code": "RequestBroker-ParseUri",
    "message": "Resource not found for the segment 'Outlook'.",
    "innerError": {
    "request-id": "a75d1c9a-c6ae-4b69-83ca-fc0e467a4ad7",
    "date": "2017-12-26T17:23:17"
    }
    }

}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iOS Drafts don't Sync with Office 365

When you create a draft in the iOS app it doesn't sync with Office 365 and doesn't show up in any of the other Outlook mail clients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Push and Streaming Services: Include "Id" in "Missed" notifications

If you're using the Outlook Push or Streaming Notifications service, there are cases where the notification cannot be delivered. The cause can range from Microsoft's servers restarting to various other things. The documentation does not provide any more helpful specifics on the potential cause. The documentation calls these "Missed" notifications.

When you receive a missed notification, the payload of the notification does not include the "Id" of the object you missed a notification for. This makes it extremely difficult to keep your service in sync with Office 365 because a missing "Id" field leaves the developer with no other choice…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow MailBoxUsage report to show SpamMails count

Is it possible that MailboxUsage report using Office 365 graph usage API returns information about SpamMails e.g. Total spams received in last week, month or a year?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the possibility to specify authorizations on email fields more precisely

Currently, you can specify Read.all. That gives you access to everything in the email. For a company admin, it opens all the content you might not need. For B2B apps, companies have sensitive content and security policies, : it would be great to be able to specify sub-parameters for Read.all, listing fields you ask for access and those you won't.
    Clear example : Read.all / everything BUT body --> the company admin is sure that with this scope, the app can't access sensitive data .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just started this in this months sprint. The new permission will be Mail.ReadBasic and will allow you to access mail messages without access to the body or their attachments.
    There is further investigation into whether we can provide more granular permission scopes where developers can request specific properties they want access to.
    ^JT

6. inReplyTo

Please allow users to expand the inReplyTo relationship when listing all posts. Alternatively add a property to the Post object containing the inReplyToId. We are currently forced to make subsequent calls to the server to obtain this information which is not ideal. This URL should return all posts containing a way to determine which posts they are a reply of: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/groups/XXX/threads/XXX==/posts?$expand=inReplyTo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide a REST Api / Graph access & Flow integration to Site Mailboxes

It would be really helpful for automation if we would be able to access to the content of site mailboxes in order to parse the body of mails

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outlook REST API 2 Mark Message as Junk / Spam

Hello,
    I've tried Googling it, but to no avail, so I am here asking for solution to this (seemingly) straightforward question: How do you mark a message as 'Junk' using Outlook REST API 2.0 ? Currently, the API documentation link does not provide any help in this, only thing I could do is as follows, which basically "moves" a message from Inbox to Junk Email, not really ideal.
    Please see my StackOverflow question, where it is suggested I add it to this forum.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40208579/outlook-rest-api-2-mark-message-as-junk-spam
    Regards.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fawad, thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated. This is definitely something we’d like to get to and it is on our roadmap, but we don’t have a timeline yet to commit to. We’ll keep you posted with updates.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

9. allow OData queries (filter and search) to be sorted

if I am searching (or filtering) a mailbox looking for a particular string I would still like to be able to sort the results based on (eg) Received Date/Time to avoid an extra client side step

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix insufficient resources exception

Receiving this sometimes (when trying to fetch a conversation from the email api):

{"error":{"code":"ErrorInsufficientResources","message":"Resources are unavailable. Try again later., Cannot query rows in a table."}}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. IFTTT trigger for flagged email in O365 Email channel

I would like a a trigger added to the O365 Email channel in IFTTT for flagged email. For example, I'd like to be able flag an email using the iOS Outlook app and connect it to adding a task in say... ToDoist.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ifttt

Regarding IFTTT Office 365 Mail channel, it would be extremely helpful to trigger by "New Email TO". Currently it only supports new email FROM. In the case of an email account that receives multiple inbox messages for various recipients, it would be nice to set an IFTTT recipe to do something different for a specific recipient.
    Example, New email TO:Craig->send SMS; New email TO:Lisa->forward to Gmail. Etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Office 365 API query $count (on messages) is not allowed since 23-06-2015

thread on msdn:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f9f6c9b-46d8-4eef-a6c7-c64da53a848f/office-365-api-odata-query-parameter-count-on-messages-quotmethod-is-not-allowedquot-since?forum=appsforoffice

I have WebService tool which connect to Office365 Outlook with API.
    I'm using few methods to query Mail objects:

Get Messages
    Get Message
    and Get Mesages with $count query: https://outlook.office365.com/api/v1.0/me/messages/$count

Everything was working ok, but since 2015-06-23 there are errors in method with $count query. When I try to do these queries directly in Internet Explorer I get "HTTP 405 - Method not allowed"

Why it is not working now

Other methods works correct

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Client API: support WebLink property on IMessage

The REST API supports the WebLink property, but the IMessage object doesn't support it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. O365 api GetNextPageAsync always returns null

I'm enumerating all the emails in a users inbox but when i try to call GetNextPageAsync the result is awyas null even though i know there are more emails. running the original query again does once again return the first 50 items, and then nothing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support detection of moved mail items

When a user in a mailbox (a shared mailbox in our use case) moves a message from one folder to another, we would like to know that directly instead of having to figure it out by (a) keeping our own database of message location by Internet Message ID (IMI) and (b) doing queries for all create and delete notifications to get the IMI and determining what’s happening, and in the case of moves, having to wait for both the create and delete notification to figure that out (i.e., that it’s not just a delete).

A top-level unique ID would help…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mail.ReadBasic.All permission scope

The ability to access a users mailbox as an application (app-only) without access to the message body or attachments.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base