Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. how to populate "user defined fields in inbox"

Hi Team,

we just started using MS graph in our team, let me know if this functionality is already exists.

my requirement : in our shared mail box we have custom views (View ribbon -> Cha nge view). in one view we have a user defined fields in Inbox. currently we are populating manually. but we wanted to update using MS graph based on mail unique ID. could you please let me know how to do it.

example : https://youtu.be/mCdvca2yVU8
    we wanted to update "Engineer Name" field with MS graph in this example.

thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS Graph API Access to Public Folders

Hi,
    I was able to access basic info of child folders of a Public-Root-Folder using this endpoint: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{user}/mailFolders/PublicFoldersRoot/childFolders

But, how can I access details of one of these child folders within public root folder?

I tried this:
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{user}/mailFolders/PublicFoldersRoot/{Child-folder-ID}/childFolders

But the API response was:
    {

StatusCode: 400, 

ReasonPhrase: Bad Request

}

Any help would be appreciated?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Missing messageClass in mail message

Using EWS we were able to read the messageClass (e.g. IPM.Note) from a mail.
    This is currently not possible using MSGraph, the variable is missing in the Message object.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get import PST jobs status via API

Add an option to get status of all PST import jobs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to change the fields "receivedDateTime" and "sentDateTime" of email messages when creating them.

It is not possible to change the fields "receivedDateTime" and "sentDateTime" of email messages via Graph API. I'd like to change it without using workarounds.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export the Event, Contact items in VCF, iCal format

Ability to export Events, Contacts in MIME formats (VCF, iCal)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Retention Policy as part of Mail metadata

Add Retention Policy as part of Mail metadata and can access using Graph API

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Rest APIs for Content Search in Security and Compliance - Office 365

For an internal project, I need to make search for emails across the mail exchange server (Office 365). As we have content search in Security and Compliance in Office 365. I am not able to find relevant apis to implement the same. Can anyone help me with this? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/content-search?view=o365-worldwide

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include all headers in InternetMessageHeaders

Getting mail message from o365 Graph using

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/XXXX@xxx.xx/messages/?$select=InternetMessageHeaders

Do not include all headers result.

Suggestion is to include all common headers for example From, To and CC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Encrypt-Only flag to mail message

Add possibility to set "Encrypt-only" to mail message like in Outlook Client or Outlook online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Uploading using session from Bytes.

let the user start uploading files from bytes as of current scenario, unable to upload 5 files of 1MB each as attachment to mail from api.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a property containing the size of an Outlook item's MIME Content

Currently, there is no way to get the size of a Message entity's MIME content before downloading the entire message.

Some libraries such as WindowsAzure.Storage need the size of the written stream to function properly, and without being able to find the size I would need to load the entire object into memory to count the number of bytes. I'm currently working in a low memory environment, so emails with large attachments can cause issues. Ideally, the data is directly streamed instead of buffered.

The Graph service endpoint that gets the MIME content of a Message is not guaranteed to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support LT/LE filters for ReceivedDateTime for Messages when using delta query

I have a local copy of a user's entire mailbox (like Outlook) so that I can avoid delete operations (for audit purposes) performed by the client. The problem is that delta keys seem to be ignored on occasion (different issue???) causing literally thousands of pulls.

If I had these additional filters then I would store a delta per month. It would at least allow some flexibility in design.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide filter support to filter out Message Source in Mail's List Message API

Now, Mail's List Messages API returns MS Team Chat messages along with Outlook Mails in API response.

There is no way to filter out the messages only from Outlook.

Refer : https://github.com/microsoftgraph/microsoft-graph-docs/issues/7202

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add action to MessageRuleActions to have server send a message, or send a template message (similar to Outlook client)

I have had a number of requests to have a message reply to sender anytime a message is sent (mailbox is being retired Etc.) The existing power shell commands do not include this as an option, and using Set-mailboxAutoreplyConfiguration only sends a message one time. This may not always be effective as the user may not see the message the first time. The only way I have to do this is via delegation and set up a profile in outlook. This too has its drawbacks and may not be supported for much longer. A transport rule could be leveraged, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add missing properties for mails to MS Graph Mail API

When we create a message 3 fields are not working properly. It would be great to fix it as well.
    - IsDraft, any values are ignored and email created as draft always. We are using ‘singleValueExtendedProperties’ to set it to False:
    {

"id": "Integer 0x0E07",

"value": 4

}

• receivedDateTime, any values are ignored and email created with today timestamp. We are using ‘singleValueExtendedProperties’ to set it properly:
      {
      "id": "SystemTime 0x0E06",
      "value": "2020-01-09T13:28:17Z"
      }

• sentDateTime, any values are ignored and email created with today timestamp. We are using ‘singleValueExtendedProperties’ to set it properly:
      {
      "id": "Integer 0x0039",
      "value": "value": "2020-01-09T13:28:15Z" …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MIME upload email content with microsoft graph

Graph API allows me to get the MIME content of email calling following graph api request: GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages//$value .

As we work on O365 app which changes content of email, it would be great to have possibility to edit the MIME content thru PUT operation.

In addition, apps should be able to create new messages using MIME content.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Permissions Gap: "Send" as draft

We have a service application that generates and sends email within an organization on behalf of users.

It has Mail.Send. It does NOT have Mail.ReadWrite on purpose. This allows us to send email and save a copy into their sent folder, but does not allow us to arbitrarily read the user's email (and other potentially problematic/dangerous access). This is inline with the principle of least privilege.

We want to give the users the option of reviewing the generated email from within Outlook and sending it only after review. Outlook already supports this via Drafts.

Unfortunately you only have two permission…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. update message body when isDraft=false

As per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/message-update?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http

The property body is only updatable when isDraft=true

We have utilised the functionality in EWS to update messages bodies that aren't in draft, we would like to be able to do the same with Graph.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement OData Extension for Data Aggregation Version 4.0

These aggregate functions would be very useful. For instance grouping messages by conversation id to retrieve a list of the latest message per conversation.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata-data-aggregation-ext/v4.0/odata-data-aggregation-ext-v4.0.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base