Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. app-only client_credentials permission for consented users

I am creating a daemon API app which will not have any UI to allow someone to provide credentials and consent.. the purpose of this daemon app is to send mail(via graph API) on behalf of a service account in my organization(AD tenant).

Right now with admin consent looks like i can only request permission from my admin to send email on behalf of any user in organization, but with no limit on the users who can send emails.

My intention is to have a daemon app that user clientid and clientsecret and form a graph api endpoint…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more permission scopes to "policies" endpoint in MS Graph

Currently /policies requires Directory.AccessAsUser.All which is a delegated permission. Can we include the application-level permission Directory.Read.All?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow applications with app-only token to impersonate user accounts

If an application with an app-only accesstoken could impersonate any other user (not signing them them in with username and password, but impersonating them either by id or userPrinicpalName) then the apps could act more easily on behalf of specified users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow to set the background color of your app in the O365 app launcher

Currently the color is grey by default and will most likely not go well with all types of icons SaaS apps will come in. Being able to define the own color would allow a SaaS app vendor to also use that color for identification purposes etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base