Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please add more information in the following response "POST / users / {id | userPrincipalName} / calendar / getSchedule", since missing: su

please add more information in the following response "POST / users / {id | userPrincipalName} / calendar / getSchedule", since missing: subject, assistants, body to use the information

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. meeting response

Outlook Calendar REST API

I followed this to get an event on my calendar via https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-365-api/api/version-2.0/calendar-rest-operations#GetEvent

The Attendees.Status.Response is always None although the the attendee has already accepted. https://pasteboard.co/HTcAadj.png

On my calendar it show "No response" as well https://pasteboard.co/HTcAKZa2.png

Here is the picture shows that the attendee has accepted https://pasteboard.co/HTcBSdx.png

Could you hel help check it asap since it critical for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create event in all calendars

We'd like to be able to push events to calendars in the organization without having to be accepted. Company events, holidays, etc. It's not clear if this is possible right now. Based on everything I've read on SO, it seems office graph can only be used to push events to "ME".

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to determine if some of the recurrent instances within an event series have been deleted.

Ability to determine if some of the recurrent instances within an event series have been deleted

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MS-Graph events/calendarview should return appropriate value for calendar share setting "Can view when I'm busy" or "Can ErrorAccessDenied

MS-Graph events/calendarview should return appropriate value for calendar share setting "Can view when I'm busy" or "Can view titles and locations" insteend of return "ErrorAccessDenied"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support for manipulating Office 365 Contact via Graph API

Add a new azure contact by Graph API. Like you can do with the admin panel or exchange or the exchange management shell.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40896099/adding-users-to-the-global-address-list-gal-through-the-microsoft-graph-api

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide feedback on the acceptance status of invitations.

Update the graph api to support querying of existing invitations, including ability to view status. This would be a great help in determining if a reminder is required to be sent, or if a user has logged on to the system. Thanks

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Office 365 Graph API: see list of events with proper subject and details for a room calendar

I can use the Graph API to query users/room@domain/events but the subject of each event is the event creator and not the event title and there is no further information.
    I think that looking up events for a meeting room is one of the most useful features of a developer API for an enterprise calendar service and don't understand why this doesn't work in a useful way.

An event without a name or any information about it besides the time and attendees is not very useful.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Office 365 API

I am using office 365 REST API(Version 2.0) to create calendar event. But If I create calendar event with attendee then calendar sends a calendar event mail to attendee which is fine. But If I don't want attendee to receive calendar event mail then how to do it? I am not able to find a property inside Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.Event that might help.
    I am using Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.Event to create event , it will be helpful If Event class has some bool property like notification so that If its false then it will not send calendar invite to attendee otherwise send.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get Deleted Events

It would be great to have a call for returning all deleted events in the Deleted Items folder. At the moment there is a call for returning a list of deleted emails but nothing for deleted events.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When returning the times for an isAllDay Event, specify the correct times

Events that are 'isAllDay = true', show midnight to midnight, UTC time. This is incorrect. For CDT for example, it should show 5am to 5am UTC.
    Since there is no other way to determine the Timezone in that call to get events, you are forced to issue another call, like, mailboxSettings, to determine the Timezone. Which also requires additional scope authority.
    Since all the other events return the correct time in UTC, this seems like a bug that should be fixed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide O365 API calendar callbacks/subscriptions

At the moment the only way to monitor a user's calendar for changes is to poll on a regular basis. This is inefficient for the consumer and the host given the frequency at which people change their calendars.

Something similar to Google's watch capability would be ideal https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/v3/reference/events/watch

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When an upcoming event is starting soon

When [When an upcoming event is starting soon] is triggered, [Category] can be selected from dynamic content in [Condition], but in [When an upcoming event is starting soon (V2) (Preview)] , [Category] can not be selected.
    Business I want you to respond quickly as it has a big impact

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you be clearer on what APIs within the Microsoft Graph you are actually referring to here please? Its not clear what you are referring too. Are you talking about webhook triggered conditions around calendar events?

14. When an upcoming event is starting soon

When [When an upcoming event is starting soon] is triggered, [Category] can be selected from dynamic content in [Condition], but in [When an upcoming event is starting soon (V2) (Preview)] , [Category] can not be selected.
    Business I want you to respond quickly as it has a big impact

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you be clearer on what APIs within the Microsoft Graph you are actually referring to here please? Its not clear what you are referring too. Are you talking about webhook triggered conditions around calendar events?

15. Support for sending outlook calendar events through graph API

Currently it is possible to update an outlook calendar event through API but after updating we need to open it manually and send it from outlook app itself. It will be great if we can send the events from API itself instead of opening outlook for this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add userPrincipalName or id Microsoft Graph beta findRooms

When using the /beta/users/xxx/findRooms call, the API returns a list of e-mail addresses (and names).

In most cases, the e-mail address is the same as the userPrincipalName, and can be used for further lookups (e.g. /v1.0/users/<email>/calendarView...).

However, if the room is renamed, and the associated e-mail address changed:

• the userPrincipalName of the room will not change

• but the e-mail address will change, and this is the one returned by findRooms.

This means one has to do an additional lookup to convert the name or e-mail address returned to the userPrincipalName or id required for /users/xxx/... lookups.

It…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an API for calendar processing options

There are a number of calendar options that are currently available only via the Powershell Set-CalendarProcessing command, including AddOrganizerToSubject, DeleteSubject and DeleteComments.

Please add a way to get/set these options via the Microsoft Graph Calendar API.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide in the Calendar REST api get_events provide a way to filter on the Where field of calendar entries

I want to make an app that renders on a web client in tablets that we position on the wall next to the meeting rooms' doors, so it can show who has the room, who has it next, etc. without having to disturb the meeting in-progress.

I want the api, therefore to allow me to get all event instances with a specified value for the "Where" field (desired new geteventinstances parameter), and between startdatetime and enddatetime.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Graph's findMeetingTimes should handle recurring meeting requests

In MS Graph findMeetingTimes call, I would like to specify a recurrence type and recurrence interval in the request body in order to find a recurring meeting time without conflicts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable an iCal external calendar feed to be set in an Office 365 Mailbox via Powershell script

I work for an educational institution that uses a timetable system that generates personalised timetables as iCal feeds along with a online learning system that also generates calendar data (such as assignment due dates etc) as iCal. We provide students with Exchange Online email and I would like to be able to add these external calendar feed address to a mailbox in Exchange online via powershell script and rest API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base