Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return null when group cannot be found by MailNickname instead of throwing NullReferenceException

See stack overflow:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46376306/group-lookup-using-microsoft-azure-activedirectory-graphclient-2-1-1

The same pasted below for convenience:

Issue

I'm encountering a null reference exception when looking up a group by MailNickname. Note, the nickname in question does not exist in Active Directory, however, I would expect the library to handle this gracefully and not result in a null reference exception.

It's also worth noting, I am able to use the same code to lookup groups which do exist in Active Directory. I do not control the nicknames my code operate over since they're user input. I would simply like to lookup the group's info, or move on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a way to identify permission object for group owners vs group members

Currently listing all permission on a driveitem https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/driveitemlistpermissions returns a collection of Permission https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/resources/permission.

where three default users are owners, members and visitors. It is very difficult to identify which user is member or owner as these are presented as displayName only and it is translated name in tenants localization setting,

We need a canonical way to identify permission object's grantee whether grantee is owner or member

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please provide more info on whether the ideal use case is to identify permissions for the entire Group or if they are specifically focused on the Drive/Folders. What is the use case? ^JT

3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add support to Groups and Photos APIs to Hybrid Deployments

The current documentation states that "[o]nly v1.0 of the Mail, Calendar and Contacts API are available for mailboxes in hybrid deployments".

In order to create real-world solutions using Graph API in Hybrid deployments, the Groups and Photos support (at the very minimum) would be of great benefit. This would enable creation of solutions that drive consumption of other workloads than pure email (such as SharePoint, Yammer, Teams, PowerBI, Stream etc).

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/concepts/hybridrestsupport

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you provide more information on the scenarios where this would be used? Office 365 groups are currently mastered in the cloud, and although they can be sync’d to on-premises, the API calls go directly to cloud instances of content.

5. Allow DisplayName and/or Other Attributes to Be Used for Identifying Groups

For users, you can query via /users/{id | UserPrincipalName}, which is fantastic. For groups, you can query only via /groups/{id}. This has caused painful ramifications for things like the AzureAD PowerShell module. For instance, the settings for Office 365 Groups, if you want to restrict group creation to members of a specific group, you have to pass the ObjectId of that group. Who is going to know this? So, you have to first lookup the group via displayName with a filter, then supply the ObjectId. This translates into a poor end user experience.

I would argue that most endpoints need…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Issue with allowExternalSenders property in groups

I saw that setting allowExternalSenders property through POST/PATCH method is currently not working with v1.0 and beta. Do you plans for making it work any time soon? It is very tedious to set it manually through the UI.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide API to join / leave Office 365 Group

As user can join / leave existing Group from Outlook web access etc. It would be nice to have API to do same from custom apps.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow filtering of groups by createdDateTime

Hi,
    Current verison of Graph does not allow filtering of Office 365 groups based on their created DateTime. Is this something that can be added?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. POST group conversation should return new post ID as well

Because the (created) initial JSON message contains a conversation, a thread and a post, it should be logical to get the IDs for all these items, but only IDs for the conversation and the thread are returned by the server.

Request was entered on behalf of Stephane Cordonnier in https://github.com/microsoftgraph/microsoft-graph-docs/issues/93.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it possible to fetching a users favourite groups

It is possible to mark a group as favourite using the group_addfavorite API but I can't seem to retrieve that info anywhere.

I think it is more important being able to read favourites than adding if I can't read since you can mark as favourite in browser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Request membership to Office 365 unified group via Graph

It is currently possible to add members to Groups via Microsoft Graph. We however would like if it was possible to request access instead, as you normally would with a private group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable setting of the Group Classification that the UI supports

Either in the creation or update of an O365 group, enable the setting of the Classification. This is only supported through the new group creation screens at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. set group as owner of another group from azure graph

Allow to set group as owner of another group from Graph

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pankaj, thank you for the feedback! We’ve added the capability to assign a group as an owner of another group to our backlog.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

14. Ability to programmatically subscribe users to Office 365 groups

I can see that there is a subscribeByMail method on groups http://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/beta/api/group_subscribebymail but this is for the current user only. We need a way for a service application to do it for any user.
    Note, you can do it via PowerShell - Add-UnifiedGroupLink.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Request grouped under investigation OFFICE 365 API ENHANCEMENTS. Investigation currently in progress with expected internal report-out date of 8/1. Public updates to follow soon after the internal review, exact date tbd.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base