Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Link conversations to the email the group received.

Journaling currently archives a copy of an email that was sent to a group. There is however no way to match up which email was sent with which conversation. An easier way to query this, maybe by message-id or an added header would be very useful. Alongside other tools as deleting / moving / selecting the specific email post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get language for Office 365 Group

In outlook/people you are able to configure group language. That property is not exposed through the graph API. Getting that property is required if you have an app sending custom notifications to the group members. Today you need to maintain a separate setting for this and manually keep it in sync with the group setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support $select ing group $expand ed items

We want to get the owners' ids and email addresses for all groups in an O365 domain. However, "/v1.0/groups?$expand=owners" returns (almost) all of the owners' properties, most of them useless, making the response extremely bloated.

If we could $select $expanded items, ex:
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/groups?$expand=owners($select=id,mail)
    , we would be able to significantly reduce the response size and bandwidth used.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled property on Groups

If want to hide o365 Group using HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled property from Outlook and discovery, the Graph still returns all "hided" Groups. Could you at least return that property with Groups data so we can hide certain Groups withing our apps?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt238274(v=exchg.160).aspx

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable $filter on group visibility

At the moment it is not possible to get a list of groups that user can access. Getting the full list of groups (including private) is quite useless.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Extend documentation/functionality of "List Posts"

According to the documentation at
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/conversationthread-list-posts?view=graph-rest-1.0 it is possible to use query parameters when listing posts, but I've had limited success.
    $count seems to work, but $top, $skip, and $orderby seems to just silently fail.

Furthermore, is there any pagination available or limit to the number of posts returned when listing posts in a thread?

Cheers! /Jacob

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How to add multiple User from DL Group in single API call

i want to add multiple user to DL groups currently i am using for loop and call API for each user.
    I want this in one API call, How i can do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I can not change the user location for all users, but only individually.

The system does not offer to enter user location as in https://portal.office.com/AdminPortal/Home#/homepage . So, I can not change the user location for all users, but only individually. That is, when adding a user group, I have to check the profile of each one so that there would be a user location . And if I made a mistake, what it will be with users of the group who do not have user location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support $count for group members and owners

Currently $count is not supported on directoryObjects like users and groups. Although it would be great to know how much members / owners are in a group. The only way right now is via querying the members or owners endpoint of the group and checking the array length. Depending on the number of members, this could lead to multiple calls.

It would be great that the $count parameter would be supported so that only one call is required.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create dynamic groups based on application installation status

This would help when an admin wants to apply a configuration based on application install. Currently, I am deploying a start menu and taskbar layout which includes Office 365 apps but they don't often install by the time the configuration profile has already been applied. So the profile needs to be re-applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable choosing the e-mail domain on Office 365 Groups creation

When creating an Office 365 Group it would be useful to be able to set the primary domain in the e-mail address on creation if the tenant has multiple domains, and you don't want the default to be used.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Implement validateGroupAlias into the Graph API

At the moment there is no way to validate a group alias via graph API.
    You can create a group but you can not validate the properties before thats kinda bad.
    I think this would be very helpful for a lot of developers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get all members of a group including nested group members

Currently in Microsoft Graph, the groups/{id}/members ONLY returns the DIRECT members of the specified group. This is a request for an API that would return all members including nested group members (also known as transitive down closure).

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add delta query support for Group Conversations/Threads/Posts

There is currently no delta query support for Group Conversations/Threads/Posts. The only way to track changes in Office 365 Group Conversations via the Graph API, is to fetch all the Posts that has ever been sent. This does not scale well. Therefore, it would be nice if it was possible to track changes in Posts using the delta query functionality which is available for messages.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow filter on target of a navigation collection for users and groups

Enable filtering and casting on the target for a navigation collection. For example "get the users that are members of a group, even though the group contains users, groups and service principals. Additionally allow me to do things like find all the members of this group that are in "sales" department.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. App Authentication to retrieve conversation messages for unified groups

We need the App Authentication model to be able to retrieve conversations for unified groups. This isn't a user specific call so I'm unsure why it's not currently possible?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently this is in our backlog and hasn’t been prioritized against other features we are working on right now. ^JT

18. Add $filter and $select on a function or action in Microsoft Graph

down vote
    favorite
    GetMemberGroups only returns the "id" properties of the groups, afaik there is no way to include other additional properties (my guess it's because it only searches in some kind of index rather than actually traversing all nodes in the hierarchy, which makes sense when it needs to be transitive)

DirectoryObjects.GetByIds comes handy once I have the ids from GetMemberGroups, but this one returns all default properties. If I specify any $filter for example if I know that I don't need groups with certain prefix in displayName, or a $select because I know I will only need…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Graph API for groups (teams & Outlook groups)

I need to retrieve some info on groups (teams & Outlook groups) from Graph API but it seems unavailable.
    Could you please provide them ?

• endpoint "/groups" : return a field "lastModifiedDateTime"

• add an endpoint "/groups/<groupID>/drive/recent" allowing to retrieve recently modified files / folders (or support a new parameter to "/me/drive/recent" in order that this endpoint returns recent files from "groups drives")

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. set group as owner of another group from azure graph

Allow to set group as owner of another group from Graph

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pankaj, thank you for the feedback! We’ve added the capability to assign a group as an owner of another group to our backlog.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base