Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extensions Permission

This affects all resources that support extensions but let’s take the User resource as an example:

Extending the User resource currently requires an entire User Profile read/write consent (User.ReadWrite).
    We only want to read and write additional data that we provide to the User resource and not modify the entire resource. Users might be hesitant about consenting to Apps that could potentially corrupt their entire user profile.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for wWWHomepage

Microsoft Graph cant return the wWWHomePage property that people know from regular AD. We need to access this field in a business case and cant do so, because of the current limitations.

Please add support for wWWHomePage on the User object!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow MS Graph proxyAddress filters to specify endsWith() and contains()

Currently there is support for startsWith and eq filters on proxyAddresses. However there is no way to search for proxyAddresses that endsWith or contains a string. E.g. finding users with a proxyAddress in a specific domain.

$filter=proxyAddresses/any(x:endsWith(x,'@acme.com'))

See this thread for more information: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46588870/filtering-on-proxyaddresses-with-microsoft-graph-api-that-endswith-or-contains-a

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

4. Ability to filter on collection type properties (e.g. find all users with skill X)

In order to, for example, filter users by a certain skill you cannot do only one REST call now.

From stackexchange:

"Filter on collection type properties is represented as below:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users?$filter=skills/any(c:c eq 'Javascript')

However, filter on skills property is currently not supported. You can place a request in uservoice site."

I would like support for this /any command, specifically for skills but for all queries would be great too.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to retrieve user Description attribute through Graph API

We are using Graph API to retrieve the Users from Azure Active Directory Instance which are synced from On-premise Active Directory instance. As part of it, We are able to fetch most of the information from Graph API Except "Description" Attribute. After discussing with Microsoft support team, it is identified as a limitation from the Graph API side. Can you please include this Description field as a member of User Entity Object. We are in need of this for a High profile Customer requirement, please include this at the earliest possible.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list of pinned "My Apps" of a current user

When I'm creating an App on Office 365, users can pin them and select them from the "My Apps" menu in the new Office 365 ribbon.

I would like to recreate this menu/whole ribbon in my app (desktop or web, whatever), to bring a consistent experience to my end users. By this, my users could easly switch between O365 Apps and my app.

I'm inspired by TechEd Europe and all the O365 sessions. This is what imho is missing and is very important atm.

Something like:
    dev.office.com/me/apps/pinned

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base