Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Graph - Modify the Expand Method to allow TOP and Paging

I would like to suggest allowing a TOP on the Expand method and implementing paging. Currently only the first 20 records are being returned and there is no way to get more records. 20 seems arbitrary, and well useless at this point. The reason is that a good number of calls might get away with one call to the Graph server vs several, unless of course separate calls are being made under the covers anyway. I would liken this to doing an Include in the Entity Framework Core world whereby I could pull thousands of records for a child table…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Agree that this half-way house support is a bit ridiculous. We would have been better off failing the request as not supported, than have this return 20 max items behavior.

Anyway, we’ll be looking at how we can enable paging support on expanded collections, but in the meantime this type of operation may first return a 400 in the future (conscious that this is a breaking change).

Hope this helps,

2. VBA Programming language example for Microsoft Graph tutorials

i need VBA example of Microsoft Graph tutorials

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. MSGraph API - Granular Field Level Control for 3rd Parties who Federate

There is a lot of development in Azure to manage 3rd party applications, (enterprise applications), Cloudapp Security, Conditionals, IP, etc...

From a SECURITY perspective though, they do not do the Job. All off these components offer an access or no access condition ONLY. They do not offer control of WHAT is being accessed.

For example, either grant access to the mailbox or dont grant access to the mailbox and exactly what access is being granted is up to the 3rd party.

For example, as administrators we maybe able to control whether the 3rd party app can access the tenant or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. How to disable the events generated by moving mails between folders when create subscription using graph api

According to graph api example (Here is an example of the request to send a notification when the user receives a new mail):

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/subscriptions
    Content-type: application/json

{
    "changeType": "created,updated",
    "notificationUrl": "https://webhook.azurewebsites.net/api/send/myNotifyClient",
    "resource": "me/mailFolders('Inbox')/messages",
    "expirationDateTime":"2016-11-20T18:23:45.9356913Z",
    "clientState": "secretClientValue"
    }

If a customer configure a copied rule for a new received mail. At this time, there are two identical emails in the user's mailbox.

We hope to receive two events for these two mails independently.

And We also want to know how to disable the events generated by moving mails between folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Application permission for Add/Remove directory role member

We are trying to implement an account synchronization between our application and Azure AD. As this synchronization does not run on behalf of a user on Azure AD, we use the client credentials grant with corresponding application permissions. We are able to create users, read directory roles, activate directory roles, but there's no application permission for adding or removing a directory role member, hence we get 'Insufficient privileges to complete the operation.' when we try to do so.

Please add support for adding and removing directory role members via an application permission.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create code samples and guidance for ASP.NET Core MVC and Graph

There are examples for ASP.NET MVC, but not using Core. Please create samples and more guidance for ASP.NET Core MVC (preferably using VS Code). I find it difficult to get started with Graph because none of the existing samples and guidance fit what I use.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add endpoint for O365 Theme

Please add a MS Graph Endpoint to load the current O365 Custom Theme (which has been set in O365 Central Administration > Settings > Organization Profile > Manage Custom Themes).

Currently there are only endpoints for SharePoint APIs but we need this setting in MS Graph too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. support subscription creation for mailbox with single quote via graph api

I have a mailbox named A'B@hisen.onmicrosoft.com.There is a single quote in this mailbox.

When I do subscription creation using the following request info:
    {

"changeType":"created",

&quot;notificationUrl&quot;:&quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://uri/A&#39;B@hisen.onmicrosoft.com&quot;">https://uri/A&#39;B@hisen.onmicrosoft.com&quot;</a>,
    &quot;resource&quot;:&quot;users/A&#39;B@hisen.onmicrosoft.com/mailFolders(&#39;SentItems&#39;)/messages&quot;,
    &quot;expirationDateTime&quot;:&quot;2019-02-15T00:36:05.587Z&quot;,
    &quot;clientState&quot;:&quot;xxxx&quot;

}

Microsoft return the following error message:
    {

&quot;error&quot;:{

&quot;code&quot;:&quot;ExtensionError&quot;,
    &quot;message&quot;:&quot;Operation: Create; Exception: [Status Code: ServiceUnavailable; Reason: Mailbox info is stale.]&quot;,
    &quot;innerError&quot;:{
    &quot;request-id&quot;:&quot;4f5166cf-41f2-4062-ace6-81d28a4d1203&quot;,
    &quot;date&quot;:&quot;2019-02-14T07:10:01&quot;
    }
    }

}

I seems that this api does not support mailbox with single quote in it.

My question is, for mailbox with single quotes, how do we create subscription via graph api?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate Your Phone APIs into Microsoft Graph

Integrate Your Phone APIs into Microsoft Graph in order to expand Your Phone userbase to users of non-Windows PCs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use Attached Application Permission Directory Objects (Groups/Users) as optional Scope for Application Account(API) Read/Write Permissioning

For applications registered in AAD that have attached users/groups for accessing the application, provide a new application account API permission SCOPE that allows the Application Account (API) to operate within the scope of the attached directory objects and no further.

I.e. If I have have a SaaS application called "LEARNING CENTER", and that application is registered in AAD, has attached groups (to allow users to access the application, and the App registration has setup an Application API Account with Graph permissions. The group "SPRING2019STUDENTS" is attached to the application, allowing members of that group to log into the LEARNING CENTER…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Worst documentation I have ever seen

Used google picker and dropbox picker. Documentation provided was perfect. Each step followed and more importantly it worked. Should add an option to leave a comment/question on each topic provided.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Expand the Graph Open Extension limitations

I'm attempting to use the Graph Extensions for my user data and keep running into limits put in place that I feel are too small. I either hit the 2KB limit per extension, or when I try to break it apart into logical extensions, I hit the error: "Maximum number of extensions values supported per application is 2"

I can provide our business case if needed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. subscriptions

Allow subscription creation for 'messages' resource for personal microsoft accounts.

As of today 01/01/2019 I get "Specified resource is not supported for MSA requests" error with v1.0 endpoint.

Things seem to work with beta endpoint. But I am not confident about using a beta endpoint in production.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please please provide better working examples and documentation for Accessing Microsoft Graph from ASP.NET

I have been trying to get a Graph call (checkMemberGroups?api-version=1) from ASP.Net web application since August. Everything is centered around Windows applications, and it doesn't seem to translate to the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Filter and search support on users is severely lacking and prevents scenario completion

There are several requests for improvement in user apis.
    This api seems to have stagnated and is terrible at scenario completion.
    Given it's current state the only way to achieve true scenario completion is to query each user by id to get their full object, reindex all of this information in a separate solution that is significantly better at search and filter.

There are several requests speaking about the breadth of properties on which filter is not supported.

There are several requests speaking about the lack of information returned by the list apis.

There is an orthogonal people api that…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support isof OData function for MS Graph

I want to get all the users that are members of a group, but currently we only have navigation property to get both groups and users that are members.
    This would be fine if the OData IsOf function was supported. Then I could easily filter out the groups. But it is not supported, at least not for this kind of query.

Please support IsOf for ALL of MS Graph. It's super important in a lot of cases, since you will often be working with directoryObjects of different types.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add $filter support for webhook subscriptions

Currently we can only register webhooks to listen for all changes, adds, and deletes across a resource.

It would be really useful to add a $filter parameter so that we can pre-filter the entities that we receive notifications for rather than having to implement this logic in our receiver code, still requires a request to load the get the resource. this could reduce the number of graph requests necesary to support certain scenarios.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Microsoft Word endpoints to the Microsoft Graph API

Microsoft Graph needs to allow access to Microsoft Word Documents by exposed API endpoints.

Basically, all the analogous functionality present in the excel endpoints should also be exposed for the respective similar functions that Microsoft word has.

Why can we not, create, edit, modify, add tables, etc, etc, in Microsoft Word through Microsoft Graph?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Graph Webhooks - include the changed data in the response

Trying out Webhooks on the Graph beta enpoint for /users and I am missing
    information about what data was changed

Nowhere to be found is what attributes of the user were changed (i my case "Last name"). This makes the triggers totally unusable for "/users" and I cant really think of anyone who could use this function as is? Sure I know the object was changed but I have no idea WHAT happened and if the change was relevant to my function
    Please tell me there are plans to include the actual changes i the trigger response

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started the work to support including resource data in change notifications for Azure AD objects.

Please have a look at this draft doc describing how these new types of notifications will work. The doc describes a scenario for Teams messages, but it will work the same for other resource types, such as the users collection

https://github.com/microsoftgraph/microsoft-graph-docs/blob/aa07c759f032047f03b26832a5cee1674ad648a1/concepts/webhooks-with-resource-data.md

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base