Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Microsoft Graph API Health endpoint

There should be some official endpoint created to programmatically check the health status of the Microsoft Graph API.

My application makes queries to the Graph API endpoint as part of the app's login process. I have built a health dashboard to notify me when external API's are having trouble. However, there is no specific Microsoft Graph endpoint that provides any status/health indicator for MS Graph API.

I appreciate your consideration.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graph Excel - CreateSession on a version of a file

Currently, CreateSession method for Excel only support the latest major version of a OneDrive file (Sharepoint file indeed): could it be possible to add support for SharePoint version of a file ?
    We can get version of a DriveItem
    https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/graph/api/resources/driveitemversion?view=graph-rest-1.0
    But not CreateSession on it
    https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/graph/api/workbook-createsession?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add ediscovery on Microsoft Graph API

Suggest to add ediscovery to microsoft Graph API to execute query automaticaly (search contents, advanced ediscovery)

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move message from one mailbox to another

If we have the graph API access token for 2 users. Then a feature to move a message(email) from user1's folder to user2's folder should be possible.

This capability is available with ecp mailflow rules.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Incorporate PowerBI API into Microsoft Graph

I would prefer to have one single API for everthing we do with Office 365, so it would be nice to be able to use the PowerBI API with the capabilities the Graph API gives us.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add support for Core eDiscovery

Currently the beta version Compliance endpoint targets only Advanced eDiscovery. We need the same support for Core eDiscovery.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Graph API for MS Power Automate (aka MS Flow) Approval action

Graph API endpoint for a users Flow Approvals.

Something like this:

List approvals: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/approvals?$filter=flowname eq 'my flow'
    Action an approval: https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/approvals/{approval-id}/approve|reject

This would allow users take action on approvals inside an application, lets say a MVC web app or SPFx web part.

Related post in Power Automate: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Use-Graph-API-to-list-and-take-action-on-approvals/idi-p/62143

Today i brought up this in Monthly community call, I was suggested to post in MS Graph forum as well. This change required MS Graph and Power Automate integration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Office 365 Backup & Restore Software

Shoviv Office 365 Backup & Restore Software is built with a highly advanced algorithm and has various in-built features. It takes backup Office 365 mailboxes in PST files, and these PST files can be open in all versions of MS Outlook. It has features to schedule timing for the backup with options like Monthly, Weekly, and Daily. Also features like full and Incremental backup is an advanced feature that prevents duplicity and takes backup of increased data. This tool also restores mailboxes to Office 365 mailboxes from PST files. A free demo version of this tool is available.

For more…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft Store for Education Request Process - Allow users other than Global Admin to receive an app requests emails & approve or reject.

Please enable the ability for users other than administrators to receive app request notifications, and also have the ability to approve / reject the request.

Having this ability only assigned to Global Administrators means only a small scope of people can do this. We should be able to assign this task to users with rights to only carry out this action.

Perhaps a the creation of a new Role -'App Request Manager'

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Manage Advanced eDiscovery Tags: export/import tags fill the gap in AED UI

In advanced eDiscovery is no option to re-use tags / a tag structure in multiple cases. There is no export/import option like for review-set-queries. Adding AED tag management to Graph API would offer IT to help AED users e.g. copy tag structure or automatically create tags from pre-defined templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a way to filter out empty lists

I'd like to get all people with at least one phone number. I've tried

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/people?$filter=length(phones) gt 0
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/people?$filter=phones/count gt 0
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/people?$filter=phones/any(p:p ne 'notanumber')

but they all give "Invalid filter clause" (on beta too).

It seems a bit silly to have to set top=zillions and filter client-side when we have this seemingly advanced filtering language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to Filter on Schema Extension Values

We are able to retrieve primary keys from a proprietary system with Schema Extention Values via Graph, but are not able to look up a matching O365 event using the same key. We need to be able to do this using the "$filter" syntax in Graph.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it possible to create PDF/A

It is great to be able to convert files to PDF. It would be even better if you could specify the things that can be specified in Word (Client) when doing a "Save as PDF" such as PDF/A and tagged PDF (option "document structure tags" that leads to a PDF/A-1a or PDF/A-2a or PDF/A-3a in different versions of Word).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. findmeetingtimes

FindMeetingTimes is a delegated permission in app registrations. I understand that for the Me object. The user object should have an Application permission for ISV type of applications. https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/[user]/findMeetingTimes

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Crawl Common Data Service entities in Microsoft Search

Hello,

I came accross this video from BUILD 2020 that showcases the new capabilities of Microsoft Search (and Microsoft Graph Connectors) to crawl other Saas / On-premise / third-party repositories (ServiceNow, Salesforce, Zendesk etc...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWufT6nF-V8

But I didn't see anything about crawling data from Common Data Service / Dynamics 365 / Model-Drive Power Apps entities.

I hope it is in the plan because if at some point people realize they can better integrate Salesforce & co with Microsoft Search rather than CDS entities this would be like shooting a bullet in its own foot for Microsoft.

So my suggestion would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Get Power Automate / Flow data

Ability to get flows with their existing flow run history. It would be great to be able to add filters to the requests. This would allow us to build dashboards to monitor all the flows in the organisation / solution / etc. Currently we are getting mails of failures days after running but would like to get data to be able to monitor the flows more in-time.

Another useful option will be to get aggregated data for all types of runs (successful, failed, running, cancelled).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. onedrive sites

The SharePoint online Graph API "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/" discovers all Sharepoint site Collections including personal sites(Onedrive sites). Does the above graph endpoint support filtering so that we can fetch only personal sites and its sub-sites.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rewrite Yammer API and integrate it to Graph API

Yammer API has not changed since a while and is really bad.
    Documentation is old and do not represent all the routes possible to query.
    A lot of useful routes to query are not available.
    Authentication possibilities are very limited, nothing to do with how it is done for Graph API.
    For all these reasons it would be great to have Yammer API rewritten as part of the Graph API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to write data into Graph

Developers are looking for the ability to add data to the Graph.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unified M365 Roadmap

Developers are looking for a single unified M365 dev platform roadmap. There's M365 service roadmap however it only partially covers dev platform needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base