Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflowor if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get capabilities/APIs available to the current user or tenant

Microsoft Graph abstracts out different services into the single set of APIs, but in practice some services may or may not be available for particular user or tenant.

For example, Azure AD accounts without Office 365 do not have access to /me/people API (Outlook REST API), this API returns 404.

Currently there's no way to determine what capabilities or APIs are available without trying to call the API and handling the error.

Knowing such information in advance would make it possible to build user experiences adaptive to what's available.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to create organizational Contacts using graph API that appear in Exchange Global Address List (GAL)

It has been stated by the Office Dev Team that POST organizational contact will not be supported as...

"With the notion of guests now in Office 365, the decision has been made that Organizational contacts would not be needed moving forward."

- https://microsoftgraph.uservoice.com/forums/920506-microsoft-graph-feature-requests/suggestions/17617309-make-it-possible-to-create-organizational-contacts

For those of us developing with Exchange-centric customers this causes us to develop solutions that must connect to Exchange Online with accounts that do *not* have Multi-Factor Authentication enabled. Automation is hindered by having to constantly rotate new passwords (via Import-Clixml) and factor that into the code.

This is a security nightmare.

Not to mention, connecting to…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make it possible to manipulate CustomAttributes for organizational Contacts

Organizational Contacts make it possible to share contacts via Tenant to Tenant. The only decent way to key off source tenant is via adding ExternalDirectoryObjectId to a custom attribute. Please consider adding this to the Graph API. Graph is phenomenal, however, the details really matter when collaborating T2T.
    #orgcontact #orgcontacts

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for delegating outlook tasks

In the current to-do tasks beta api there is the option to create new outlook tasks (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/outlookuser-post-tasks?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=cs) , but in order to delegate that task to someone else you need to go into outlook.

Please add the ability to delegate outlook tasks directly from the API. Having users go into outlook afterwards to delegate tasks crated through the API is not very user friendly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add a python sdk, publish it on pypi and support it

add a python sdk, publish it on pypi and support it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Microsoft Graph tutorial for PowerShell

My preferred language of PowerShell is not listed on the tutorials page:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/tutorials.

Please add a tutorial for accessing Microsoft Graph via PowerShell.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support compressed requests

Some Graph API requests can be quite large (e.g. sending mail with attachments). It would be great if the Graph API supported POST HTTP requests that are compressed (i.e. "Content-Encoding: gzip”).

The Gmail API currently supports this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Graph api batch request with dependencies

Graph API allows for batch requests. I would like to have the option for requests that depend on each other. which means, request A provides input for request B. For example, get recent documents and get the embed link for them. This can only be done in more than one request because you need the ID of the items

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include user administration in your strategy rather than simply end user task automation.

Looking at the various Graph APIs (i.e. on a per product basis), there's only one that addresses back-end administration, which unsurprisingly is Azure AD.

While Graph is nice for end user task automation, it completely overlooks the mundane but necessary back-end processes. For example, you can use Graph to come up with end user mailbox automation involving calendaring (front end), but you can't change anything about the user's mailbox configuration (back end).

Another example is that you can fiddle around with user (front end) scenarios in Dynamics 365 via Financials, but you can't even add a user (back end) to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate with Dynamics for Talent

I wish Microsoft Graph had integration with Dynamics for Talent, we are developing a solution that needs this integration. May we create a job demand through a web application and view the job demands created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Whiteboard API

Are there plans to release the Whiteboard API and Docs? I'm curious and would want to build on the great experience that's been built so far. Thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Webhook email send notification

I need to store DateTimeSend of the email message that is sent via my app. Currently, I send mail, wait few seconds and then I check if the email with specific extended property exists in SentItems folder. This works fine but is slowing down the whole process, because I must wait before I check. I'd like to use notifications (webhooks) to remove the check from my app and have Outlook notify me when mail was sent.
    Currently nothing like that is available. I'd like to ask for such event

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a Graph/O365 REST API to fetch subscription commitment (monthly or annual)

In the admin console I'm able to see the subscription commitment for each license (either monthly or annual). I want to be able to fetch that information through an API.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Graph User Custom Schema Extensions as AAD Dynamic Groups filter

MS Graph Custom Schema Extensions would be very useful if they are configureable as Azure Active Directoy dynamic groups filters enabling sys admins to categorize users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. create an API for MS Stream

provide a graph api to get and set admin parameters in the MS Stream portal for the tenant and all users

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change "headers" in batch requests to be an array rather than an object

In the batch API for MSGraph (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/json-batching), the "headers" field within each individual request is currently a JSON object rather than an array. This is problematic because HTTP spec allows for multiple headers with the same name, which can not be provided in this format.

For example, when retrieving calendar events at "/me/events/{id}", we currently have the following two headers set:
    "Prefer": "outlook.timezone=\"Eastern Standard Time\""
    "Prefer": "outlook.body-content-type=\"text\""

This is currently impossible to do in a batch request given the spec.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add timestamps to events received via web-hooks

Please could you add a timestamp showing the time an event was generated. Currently you have the following:

```
    {
    "value": [
    {
    "subscriptionId":"<subscription_guid>",
    "subscriptionExpirationDateTime":"2016-03-19T22:11:09.952Z",
    "clientState":"secretClientValue",
    "changeType":"created",
    "resource":"users/{user_guid}@<tenant_guid>/messages/{long_id_string}",
    "resourceData":
    {
    "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Graph.Message",
    "@odata.id":"Users/{user_guid}@<tenant_guid>/Messages/{long_id_string}",
    "@odata.etag":"W/\"CQAAABYAAADkrWGo7bouTKlsgTZMr9KwAAAUWRHf\"",
    "id":"<long_id_string>"
    }
    }
    ]
    }
    ```

But adding a timestamp would help us order events accurately. Something like..

"createdAt" : "2016-03-19T22:11:09.952Z"

would be very helpful! Thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to retrieve a meeting chat and audio/video recording

I want to be able to retrieve previous meetings and the any chats & audio/recordings that occurred.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wait for slow upstream services and report proper error instead of UnknownError

I think Microsoft Graph should change the way it handles slow upstream services. We use the Sharepoint/OneDrive API heavily and we often get an "UnknownError" after 10/20/30 seconds depending on what operation we perform. This happens because MS Graph doesn't wait more than a predefined period of time for the Sharepoint service to respond, and when Sharepoint is overloaded (which happens a lot for various tenants), it takes more than 10/20/30 seconds to respond, but keeps working though. An "UnknownError" is then returned to the calling code, Sharepoint continues to upload a file, but we try again due to error,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Retrive alias used on a message

Allow us to retrive the alias of email

Exemple, I have main email: me@company.com
    On this email I add an alias contact@company.com

I send an email to contact@company.com

When I get the message from https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages in the secion "to" I should see contact@company.com but I see me@company.com so I can't see with alias my client has use to contact me.

Thanks for your time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base