Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

WhenCreated (createdDateTime) is already exposed on some objects, like user, and organization in Microsoft Graph. This may get extended to other objects. NOTE for the user resource you will need to explicitly $select this property to get it in the response.

We don’t currently expose WhenChanged. I don’t think this is even in the backlog – sorry. We would also need to look at the history aspect, but you could build your own history (including when changed) by using the directory audit logs – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/azure-ad-auditlog-overview?view=graph-rest-1.0

2. Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list of pinned "My Apps" of a current user

When I'm creating an App on Office 365, users can pin them and select them from the "My Apps" menu in the new Office 365 ribbon.

I would like to recreate this menu/whole ribbon in my app (desktop or web, whatever), to bring a consistent experience to my end users. By this, my users could easly switch between O365 Apps and my app.

I'm inspired by TechEd Europe and all the O365 sessions. This is what imho is missing and is very important atm.

Something like:
    dev.office.com/me/apps/pinned

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Graph API : Planner API, ODATA support, $filter, $top, $orderby...

Enable , ODATA in Planner API's, to permite $filter,$top, $orderby, ...

At this moment ODATA is not support all ODATA, only support $select.

Thank you!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many users have plans that are very large and supporting these kinds of APIs would result in an unpredictable experience for your users, since queries could be throttled.

The best approach is to use the one taken by our first-party client. Retrieve all the tasks and then filter them client side.

Our APIs are performant, so retrieving tasks and processing them locally should be easy. For large datasets, you can use diff sync to retrieve any updates that have happened on the service and update your local cache.

4. Export the Event, Contact items in VCF, iCal format

Ability to export Events, Contacts in MIME formats (VCF, iCal)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide Graph API to check user has enabled Azure AD MFA or not

Currently there is no API for identifying whether user is enabled with Azure AD MFA or not, so kindly provide

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Coming soon! Work on this has been started. Keep an eye on the changelog (docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/changelog) -EY

6. Provide webhooks for Tasks (MS To-Do)

We are integrating Microsoft To-Do with another service. To avoid polling, we would like to be able to subscribe to Microsoft To-Do list related events. We found similar subscriptions for files and email, but nothing related to Microsoft To-Do tasks.

See documentation for /subscription endpoints, Change notifications: "Use the Microsoft Graph API to get change notifications"

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Access to Custom Attributes in Exchange Online via Microsoft Graph

I would like the ability to access Exchange Custom Attributes via Microsoft Graph.
    The custom attributes, 1-15 stored in Exchange Online as part of Office 365. I am currently unable to access these. It would be useful as we use these attributes to hold alternate contact information not available by default. Such as a bilingual job title.
    In order to update these automatically, it would be ideal if Graph could reference these.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Useful User (Endpoint) Filtering

The collection size of a request to /users cannot be feasibly limited.

Our active directory has tens of thousands of entries. The API only enables retrieving 100 entries per request. Getting ALL the entries takes a long time and I don't need them ALL. Unfortunately, the options for filtering the request are quite chintzy.

I can use the eq (equal) filter, which would be fine if looking for a single user, but I'm trying to limit the resulting collection to a group of users (e.g. to users who's displayName contains a substring, or where surname is not null). I cannot…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Extend the Microsoft Graph API with more SharePoint search features

Microsoft Graph allows us to search individual sites

e.g.

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/mydevspsite.sharepoint.com,siteid/drive/root/search(q='cheese')

The SharePoint REST api allows us to search across all sites

e.g.

https://mydevspsite.sharepoint.com/_api/search/query?querytext=%27chicken%27

It would be extremely useful to be able to perform the search all sites call directly from the MS Graph.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook.com - Support to update email signature via API

I work in Bybrand (email signature management tool), and would like to see the option to update the email signature, for example, from Outlook.com via REST API. How Google does with Gmail and G Suite
    Support to update email signature via API

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Application permission to support AppCatalog.ReadWrite.All

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/teamsapp?view=graph-rest-beta, only delegated permission is supported to manipulate Teams AppCatalog which means a sign-in user is needed when taking use of those APIs. However, the Application permission can provide the ability to make related actions more automatically and support more meaningful and realistic use-cases.

For example, my use-case is to provided an application to automatically install a new Bot, created in Azure, to Teams. So I really think the Application permission is needed.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow access to recycle bin in OneDrive for business, and permanently delete or restore files from there

Currently, the only related API is a beta API to restore deleted OneDrive Personal items.

Managing OneDrive for Business documents isn't really complete without options to restore or permanently delete recycle bin items.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SharePoint Graph API add "list all sites access for a user"

Since suppressing a guest user from the Azure AD won't suppress it from all the sites where he has permissions/shared documents we must identify those sites.

We need to know all the sites on the tenant where the user has shared access to some child elements.

The Sharepoint part of the graph api is really small.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. List members from Exchange Dynamic Distribution Groups

I would like to do a request like "/groups/{id}/members" in order to get all the members from a particular Exchange Dynamic Distribution Group.

Also, I would like to have a way to find the ID of an Exchange Dynamic Distribution Group (for example, a request to "/groups/" does not return any group of this type).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add manager to list Users graph api

Currently we allow customer to connect to the Azure AD for listing all people in their AD for an up-to-date personell system.
    If they need to have the hierarchy in our software as well (who is the manager of who) this is near impossible as you have to retrieve the manager object per user.

Please allow an extra attribute to request the manager information when listing users instead of 'per user' basis.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: The bug fix (so that select and expand play nice together) is committed, and should be rolled out this quarter (Q2 2020). That should enable things like

GET ../users?$select=id,userPrincipalName&$expand=manager

16. Expose New API to work with Company Branding via Graph API

Expose new API to work with company branding like Sign-in page background image, Sign in page text, Sign-in page background color etc.
    or extend /organization endpoint.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Supportability for more attributes with MS Graph API

Please support syncing more attributes (on user create and update) with MS Graph API.

Here is the wish-list:
    proxyAddresses,
    postOfficeBox,
    pager,
    msExchExtensionCustomAttribute,
    mail,
    ipPhone,
    info,
    extension<AADAppGUID><attribute_name>,
    description,
    countryCode,
    commonName,
    cloudAnchor,
    alias

Thanks,
    Anna

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Most of these are GA (in v1.0) – proxyAddresses, onPremisesExtensionAttributes (msExchExtensionCustomAttribute), mail, imAddresses (ipPhone), ALL extension_{appId}_{name) properties, onPremisesImmutableId (cloudAnchor), mailNickname (alias).

A few like PO box, pager, info, description, countryCode, and commonName are under review. In the meantime, as a workaround, you could synchronize these properties/values from on-premises into directory extensions or onPremisesExtensionAttributes.

18. Include Planner Task URL in Graph API

When using the Graph API to interrogate Planner Plans & Tasks, I would like to receive a URL as part of the json, to open the particular plan / task in a browser window.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. IFTTT trigger for flagged email in O365 Email channel

I would like a a trigger added to the O365 Email channel in IFTTT for flagged email. For example, I'd like to be able flag an email using the iOS Outlook app and connect it to adding a task in say... ToDoist.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Publish Throttling limit for Sharepoint

There are throttling limits given for outlook and teams at the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/throttling.
    What is the limit after which the throttling starts for graph API calls for SharePoint.

SharePoint decided not to publish their throttling limits see the following abstract: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/how-to-avoid-getting-throttled-or-blocked-in-sharepoint-online#why-cant-you-just-tell-me-the-exact-throttling-limits.

It will be really useful to get the limits for SharePoint too.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 55 56
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base