Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow the usage of filter to retrieve chat for MS teams chat

Currently Our project is using the API (mentioned bellow) to read all the messages of particular channel of MS Team

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/channel-list-messages?view=graph-rest-beta

it is ok to hit this API for small conversation but as the conversation becomes lengthy( by the time), then the API takes long to retrieve the message. So please provide enable the filter to retrieve the teams messages by date filter.

There are filter which can already be applied to message(on mail ) and people.
    Can this filter will also be enabled for channel messages for MS Teams.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. App Authentication to retrieve conversation messages for unified groups

We need the App Authentication model to be able to retrieve conversations for unified groups. This isn't a user specific call so I'm unsure why it's not currently possible?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently this is in our backlog and hasn’t been prioritized against other features we are working on right now. ^JT

3. Working with Teams without admin consent

To make automated tests of MS Teams, you need to use the designated list of Graph API requests.
    But the Graph API requests all require the access type “Group.ReadWrite.All” using admin consent, which is not useful for our customers.
    The proposal would be to add one more access type, for example with the name “Group.ReadWrite”, which will allow the creation of a team, creation of a channel in the team, sending a message to the channel and replying to that message.
    The same user needs to be able to delete the channel and the team previously created.
    This is be…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get the total number of replies of each message when listing channel messages

The response object when listing channel messages or getting a specific message, should give the total number of replies.
    This way, we don't have to fire a potentially heavy request just to be able to use this property.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List members from Exchange Dynamic Distribution Groups

I would like to do a request like "/groups/{id}/members" in order to get all the members from a particular Exchange Dynamic Distribution Group.

Also, I would like to have a way to find the ID of an Exchange Dynamic Distribution Group (for example, a request to "/groups/" does not return any group of this type).

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow MS Graph API /messages/delta to include singleValueExtendedProperties

I'm incrementally pulling messages via the /delta query in MS Graph API, v1.0. I'd like to pull a singleValueExtendedProperty in the same way I can for normally listing messages:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/mailFolders/Inbox/messages/delta?$expand=singleValueExtendedProperties($filter=id eq 'String 0x007D')

Unfortunately this is currently not supported. I get an error that says:
    "Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: type"

I know I can follow up with multiples GETs to pull the desired extended properties, but I'd rather avoid spawning several requests if I can get away with one.

Please see conversation here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46603485/how-do-i-get-singlevalueextendedproperties-for-ms-graph-v1-0-delta-queries

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Re-register for MFA for a user with Graph

Admins and apps should be able to programmatically enforce "Re-register MFA" for a user. This is missing in Graph.

See also https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-userdevicesettings
    "Require Re-register MFA makes it so that when the user signs in next time, they're requested to set up a new MFA authentication method."

Thx, Toni

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Simple endpoint to receive all calls from all users

It would be very helpful if /communication/calls or /me/calls simply provides a list of all calls, as well as the /me/messages list.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow $filter on showInAddressList for /users and /groups

I'd love to be able to filter the /users and /groups collection on the showInAddressList property.

This would allow us to get all users and groups that are to be shown in the addressbook, currently this means retrieving them all and filtering afterwards (but that poses issues with pagination).

For groups, there is a dependency on this UserVoice: https://microsoftgraph.uservoice.com/forums/920506-microsoft-graph-feature-requests/suggestions/32677822-support-hiddenfromaddresslistsenabled-property-on

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Yannick,
    showInAddressList filter support for User object in now under consideration.
    We will update the status when we will have more info to share.

PS: The Group object property hideFromAddressLists is from Exchange service (not AAD), and currently doesn’t support filtering.
    I suggest you opening another feedback to track with this other request separately.

10. Allow us to write sensitivity label in Group properties via Graph API

assignedLabels:
    The list of sensitivity label pairs (label ID, label name) associated with an Office 365 group. Returned only on $select. Read-only.

Please give us the option to set/write/delete/modify a sensitivity label on a Group / SharePoint Site / Team.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Delta and Subscriptions to include photo and photo property with last update date

If you have a tenant with a lot of users or a SaaS platform that works with millions of users accounts in Microsoft, it is extremely painful and time consuming to pull/sync profile images from Microsoft Graph. Doing live queries against Graph for photos are also causing additional strain on the Graph infrastructure and end users suffer the performance penalty of a service having to query another service first. So it is ideal to sync images in some cases to local systems for performance gains.

Based on testing that I did I calculated that fetching photos on 300'000 users can…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. support /delta for teamwork chats, channels, and replies

If you have an application that reads Teams chat and channel messages it is hard to know when you have recent replies to old messages.

Eg if you have an application that needs to keep abreast of all replies, and,

If you have a user making a reply to a 6 month-old-message in a channel,

How does your application find out?

If it could request channel messages with a /delta then that would work. It would then know which messages to call "get replies" for.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide graph api to read Microsoft Teams—>Chat—>Praise

I would like to build an app called "Wall of Fame" using that API method to consolidate all the praises within a team channels / org wide.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow posting messages to Teams with Azure App rather than delegated permissions

Currently you cannot post messages to Teams with application permissions, only delegated permissions are supported.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

15. Useful User (Endpoint) Filtering

The collection size of a request to /users cannot be feasibly limited.

Our active directory has tens of thousands of entries. The API only enables retrieving 100 entries per request. Getting ALL the entries takes a long time and I don't need them ALL. Unfortunately, the options for filtering the request are quite chintzy.

I can use the eq (equal) filter, which would be fine if looking for a single user, but I'm trying to limit the resulting collection to a group of users (e.g. to users who's displayName contains a substring, or where surname is not null). I cannot…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Compliance Score Graph API

Expose the Microsoft Compliance Score Graph API like the Secure Score API. Most of the previous Secure score improvement actions have been moved to Compliance score and are now not accessing for reporting via the Graph.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Implementet full OData v4 query consistently across all graph endpoints

Currently the documentation says (as of 20th of April) that MS Graph query parameters are compatible with OData v4 queries.
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/overview/query_parameters

This is not completely orthogonal as there are cases where some operations work and other cases where they don't.
    I've used the Graph Explorer to find out what works and what doesn't so far, but it isn't the ideal way.

Filter operations Contains/Concat/Trim/ToUpper/ToLower are not supported in /v1.0/users but some are supported in /v1.0/me/events.
    Furthermore it seems string comparisons are case insensitive, rendering ToUpper and ToLower meaningless. Using case sensitivity and allowing the use of ToUpper/ToLower would allow the…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support edit / delete message Graph API

support delete message and edit message.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support @mention when posting new MS Teams messages.

Support @mention data when posting new chat messages using the Microsoft Graph API. The Microsoft Teams user interface allows for this, but the Microsoft Graph API endpoints remove @mention metadata and markup from new messages. We observed this using the POST /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/chatthreads endpoint, but it might affect other endpoints also.

The same functionality should be added to the endpoint for replying to threads once it is developed.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

20. Graph API to Microsoft Forms

Access to Microsoft Forms would be great! The ability to query form responses could be very beneficial.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base