Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When querying the users/delta endpoint, give devs the ability to filter on accountEnabled field and a timestamp of the event

Maybe I haven't been looking in the right spot but trying to figure out when users are set to inactive through the API hasn't yielded much results. If I filter by the id of a user I can see whether or not they are inactive but without knowing the user beforehand that would be difficult. I think being able to get a list of all users that were set to inactive on a certain date would be useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. create retention event

Hi,

There is the ability available to create an event using REST api - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/automate-event-driven-retention?view=o365-worldwide
    However this only seems to work with basic authentication which some Orgs dont allow.
    Can you extend Graph api to provide permissions for this also?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. .../mailFolders/inbox/messageRules?$filter=startswith(displayName,'...')

Support the startswith filter function for the displayName property at the .../mailFolders/inbox/messageRules endpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Private Site Details

I am trying to get subsites details through API "/sites/{parentSiteId}/sites" . i am getting subsite details of any public site , I am having admin access token and also used app access token but for private site i am getting 403 Error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Issue with Sharepoint Site API

Not getting details of sharepoint site groups and it's user details in same API . I am using sharepoint site API "_api/Web/roleAssignments/groups?$expand=Users" to get data of groups under site and details of users belongs to that group . It is working fine for all sites which is under /root , but i am trying to get same data of other team sites and the same API is giving only group information , not giving information of users . I want to get all groups under site like "Member , Owner , Visitor " etc , and User details that which…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. zip upload & extraction support

Create service endpoint to allow .zip file uploads, and queue the .zip file to be extracted at a later time into the target OneDrive. This will allow a large collection of smaller files to be uploaded at one time. It will make it easier to stay under the 10K threshold for API calls, and should reduce the overall network traffic against the MS Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add owners of deleted objects

Please add the owners and members to the response of https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/directory/deletedItems/microsoft.graph.group
    We would like to inform the owners and members when a group is deleted so they can take action if necessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add more User properties to the User.ReadBasic.All permissions

I believe the inequality between User.ReadBasic.All and User.Read.All is too large.

For example I would like to simply read a users City, Country or department, however, these properties are tied to the User.Read.All permission which contains many more properties which IT departments are hesitant to give as a permission.

I would therefore like to suggest that the following properties (or an sub-set of them) be added to the basic properties.

city
    companyName
    country
    department
    imAddress
    postalCode
    state
    streetAddress
    photo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A person's Out of Office Status/Message should be added to Calendar

It does not make sense to have to look at a person Mailboxsettings to know if they are showing an out of office message and for how long.

The details of whether a person is in or out of the office should be added to a user's Calendar properties (for example getSchedule) as it appears logical to me to get this information when querying a person's schedule/status/calendar.

I have also often seen that people have an out of office notification but have nothing in their calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There should be a MailboxSettings.Read.All which is a delegate permission only.

Currently to read a person's Out of Office reply message Graph requires the application to use the MailboxSettings endpoint. Further Application level permissions for MailboxSettings.Read / MailboxSettings.ReadWrite are required. This appears to be overkill and not inline with other permission strategies.

For example; User.Read is a delegated permission. To read other peoples user profiles there is a User.Read.All permission which can be used with Admin consent.

Thus following this line of permissions there should be a MailboxSettings.Read.All delegate permission which requires Admin consent.

Alternatively there should be a user property which shows a user's Out of Office text, details and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add reply count field to the chatMessage resource type

It would be helpful to get the count of replies to a message in the chatMessage resource type, the response to the /teams/{group-id-for-teams}/channels/{channel-id}/messages endpoint, I need to filter the messages and order them based on the quantity of replies to them however the current version of the API don't provide the necessary information having to recursively get the replies for each message just so I can count them which is suboptimal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Update messages datasets

The ContentType property of the UniqueBody has the value of "Microsoft.OutlookServices.BodyType'HTML'" but the Graph API schema only allows the values "text" and "HTML"

The Attachments property has a property called "ODataType" with the value "#Microsoft.OutlookServices.FileAttachment" but the Graph API schema says there should be a property called "@odata.type" with the value "#microsoft.graph.fileAttachment"

Update messages datasets so that the ContentType property of the UniqueBody matches the expected schema from the Graph API.

Update messages datasets so that the Attachments property and values match the expected schema from the Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Support for IMAP, POP, SMTP AUTH protocols via OAuth2 client credentials grant flow (application permissions)

Currently the permissions for these legacy protocols are only available as Delegated Permissions in the Graph API. This means these can only be used in 3-legged OAuth flows involving a browser re-direct.

It would be very helpful if these permissions were available as Application Permissions so they can be used in the client credentials flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have more examples for SharePoint libraries

We have enough Me.... examples
    We need more SDK C# examples for Sites, Libraries (not OneDrive :-( ) permissions etc..
    The graph explorer has less snippets then it used to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. onedrive sites

The SharePoint online Graph API "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/" discovers all Sharepoint site Collections including personal sites(Onedrive sites). Does the above graph endpoint support filtering so that we can fetch only personal sites and its sub-sites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Get deleted groups API should include members as well.

When using the list deleted items API (GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/directory/deletedItems/microsoft.graph.group) I would expect to be able to use $select with members, and getting them as well

The reason to get members as well is, in case of tracking users details, and membership to groups. Once the group is deleted, there is no way to know which users/groups were part of its members. Therefor, there is a need to pull all users again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft Teams beta API - Add support of filters

To get list of messages of channel , as it is on beta version i am facing issues while getting messages based on last modification time or creation time.
    Also replies API is not supporting filters to get filtered data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Editor to be Set on List Items

It's common to need to edit a list item via an app on behalf of a user without wanting to grant that specific user access to the list item itself. With CSOM or the SharePoint REST API, we could simply set the "Editor" column during the edit, and the Modified By information would show as intended in the version history. Please allow this to be done via the Graph API as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to export data from Shared and Group mailboxes

The Messages dataset can only export emails from user mailboxes. We need to be able to extract from all mailboxes, including shared and group mailboxes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Extract Exchange tasks dataset

Data Connect does not include a dataset for Exchange tasks. It would be nice to have the ability to extract all Exchange data for an O365 backup scenario.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base