Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow the usage of filter to retrieve chat for MS teams chat

Currently Our project is using the API (mentioned bellow) to read all the messages of particular channel of MS Team

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/channel-list-messages?view=graph-rest-beta

it is ok to hit this API for small conversation but as the conversation becomes lengthy( by the time), then the API takes long to retrieve the message. So please provide enable the filter to retrieve the teams messages by date filter.

There are filter which can already be applied to message(on mail ) and people.
    Can this filter will also be enabled for channel messages for MS Teams.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

In Backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement $skip for users api or provide previous link

Pagination issue. There is no way to redirect to previous page If we use $top parameter, it provides next page url using which we can go to next page. We also can not use $skip parameter when we want to get users of an organization. Please provide $skip to use with users api, or provide previous link with $top parameter

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs more information  ·  1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a Group relationship to the SharePoint/Sites/Site endpoint in Microsoft Graph

Currently the SharePoint Sites endpoint in the graph doesn't allow you to navigate to the associated group if it has one (in the case of group enabled team sites). It would be good if you either created a /sites/group relationship or at the very least included GroupId: {guid} in the properties returned when /sites/{site-id} is called so that a second call could be made to the /groups/{id} endpoint.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Retrieve SharePoint Social.Following Microsoft Graph

It would be great to get SharePoint people and content following information through Microsoft Graph.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expose user Authentication Phone and Authentication Email

why graph api don't sending user authentication email and phone number using this api endpoint https://graph.windows.net/myorganization/users/{user_id}?api-version.

in my application i need the email address user used for signup and mobile number which user used for MFA. but i can't find any of those.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow update mail attribute for Azure AD User object throught REST API

Currently we are creating users in Azure AD through Azure AD Graph API (from our Identity Manager Application). Also we assign licenses using the same Rest API. Our users, among other thinks, uses Sharepoint Online and Skype for Bussiness Online. All of our users have his mailbox in an Exchange 2010 (on-premise), so they don't have the Exchange Online Plan. For Skype for Bussiness integration with Outlook, it's needed that the mail attribute on the Azure AD object be the same as the mail address in Outlook. The problem is that this attribute is read only throug rest API. Also,…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow to set the background color of your app in the O365 app launcher

Currently the color is grey by default and will most likely not go well with all types of icons SaaS apps will come in. Being able to define the own color would allow a SaaS app vendor to also use that color for identification purposes etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expose Office API via Swagger.

OK this is a radical idea from listening to @mkristensen talk about VS.NET tooling and how they are looking at supporting Swagger 2.0 to provide code generation for RESTful APIs in VSNET.

http://devchat.tv/adventures-in-angular/019-aia-microsoft-tooling-with-mads-kristensen

I looked up Swagger and their online documentation editor, and browser and here's an example

http://petstore.swagger.wordnik.com/#!/pet/updatePet

Which is surprisingly similar to Office 365's

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn600182(v=office.15).aspx

I think Office 365 documentation on MSDN should still be the primary resource. Any future tie in to API-Sandbox would be awesome.

But if VSNET starts to support auto-codegen (like the old days with WSDL/Soap Services) from Swagger documentation, then I can also…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it possible to create organizational Contacts using graph API that appear in Exchange Global Address List (GAL)

It has been stated by the Office Dev Team that POST organizational contact will not be supported as...

"With the notion of guests now in Office 365, the decision has been made that Organizational contacts would not be needed moving forward."

For those of us developing with Exchange-centric customers this causes us to develop solutions that must connect to Exchange Online with accounts that do not have Multi-Factor Authentication enabled. Automation is hindered by having to constantly rotate new passwords (via Import-Clixml) and factor that into the code.

This is a security nightmare.

Not to mention, connecting to the…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Application Permission support for Microsoft Graph API for Intune

Most or all of the APIs related to Devices and Apps (Intune) only support Delegated Permissions. I see a lot of use-cases where I want to use Application Permissions instead of delegated to simplify and secure my integrations.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable B2B guest account access to SharePoint Graph calls

When I make the following graph call:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me

As an account authenticated against a tenant I'm a guest in, I get the user details for that target tenant.

The account has access to a SharePoint site collection via the same B2B identity. When I make the following sites call:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/tenant.sharepoint.com,xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx,yyyyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyyyyyyyyy

where the two guids reference the site the account has access to, I'd like to see the same data returned as if I'd made the graph call from an acount homed in the site's tenant.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support @mention when posting new MS Teams messages.

Support @mention data when posting new chat messages using the Microsoft Graph API. The Microsoft Teams user interface allows for this, but the Microsoft Graph API endpoints remove @mention metadata and markup from new messages. We observed this using the POST /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/chatthreads endpoint, but it might affect other endpoints also.

The same functionality should be added to the endpoint for replying to threads once it is developed.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

13. Add $filter support for SharePoint lists

Following this StackOverflow post, I suggest this feature.
    Allow filter and order for SharePoint lists queries through Microsoft Graph API.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work has started. -EY

14. Add support for wWWHomepage

Microsoft Graph cant return the wWWHomePage property that people know from regular AD. We need to access this field in a business case and cant do so, because of the current limitations.

Please add support for wWWHomePage on the User object!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to fetch mails by "conversations" in folders in one request

Right now you cannot achieve "conversations" view in a mail folder using REST API with one request.

A workaround can be found here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41161515/best-way-to-achieve-conversation-view-for-mail-folder-using-outlook-rest-api

but it is quite slow and not very efficient. Conversations view is the primary view of many mail client but is not achivable (easily) with REST API

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow updating any users Photo with User.ReadWrite.All scope

Currently even if you have the User.ReadWrite.All you cant update another users photo via:

PUT /beta/users/{User ID}/photo/$value

This would be VERY helpful.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This work has been started. There is no target In Preview date yet as the investigation is still ongoing on what complete work is required. ^JT

17. Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list of pinned "My Apps" of a current user

When I'm creating an App on Office 365, users can pin them and select them from the "My Apps" menu in the new Office 365 ribbon.

I would like to recreate this menu/whole ribbon in my app (desktop or web, whatever), to bring a consistent experience to my end users. By this, my users could easly switch between O365 Apps and my app.

I'm inspired by TechEd Europe and all the O365 sessions. This is what imho is missing and is very important atm.

Something like:
    dev.office.com/me/apps/pinned

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Graph SDK for full call recording for IVR Bot in Teams

We are using the Graph SDK to develop Teams based IVR bot. Currently graph SDK supports only to recording user response for 5 minutes. But full call recording is basic and mandate requirement for any IVR application.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add support to invite user to Team and Group simultaneously/instantaneously w/welcome-mail

Today, when adding an invited user (guest) to a team, you have to add them to the group and wait up to 24 hours before the "team module" picks up the change. And no welcome mail i sent to the invited user.

Would be great if Graph exposed the same method as the invite in the GUI uses, which add the user to the group and team simultaneously/instantaneously and sends a welcome email to the user.

Method in question (from GUI)
    PUT https://teams.microsoft.com/emea/beta/teams/($channelId)/bulkUpdateRoledMembers?allowBotsInChannel=true
    Where you send in userid's w/roles and groupid

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide API access to AAD user MFA Properties

Would be good to not only retrieve the state of the authentication requirements, but the details around MFA as well: MFA Methods, etc (StrongAuthenticationMethod, StrongAuthenticationRequirement, StrongAuthenticationDetails that was available in PS for AAD V1)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base