Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Graph REST API for Excel -- Add support for OneDrive Personal

With Azure AD 2.0 Endpoint, Graph API now supports OneDrive personal (in addition to OneDrive for Business). However the Excel API does not yet support OneDrive personal -- we would like it to.
    See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40121236/graph-excel-rest-api-azure-ad-2-0-endpoint-is-onedrive-personal-supported

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workbooks and Charts (Excel)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. thumbnail

Be able to retrieve thumbnails of Excel documents. This feature works great with Word documents and other types, but really needs to expanded to work with excel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workbooks and Charts (Excel)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to export tabular data to Excel Online

Almost every web developer has or will encounter exporting reports to excel at one point or another in their careers. There are many options for doing this, but they all require a server side SDK from a third party vendor (paid or free). Some of them use standards like Open XML others use proprietary and old code.

I think it would be awesome to have a very easy and relative way to pass data to Excel Online, parse it and display it. Then allow the user to play with the spreadsheet online, save it to their OneDrive or download it…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workbooks and Charts (Excel)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Graph REST API for Excel - Add support for querying the Excel file status on OneDrive

As Graph API user, I want an API to query the status of the Excel file being edited on OneDrive, so that I am able to delete it once my work is done. For example, we use Graph API to delete the file, but it failed due to “locked”. Another example is that the UsedRange API returns the range which is not updated to the latest.

Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/range-usedrange?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=cs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Graph REST API for Excel - Add support for open Excel file (xlsx) on OneDrive using internet browser

Our application work-flow is using the Graph API to upload the excel file to OneDrive, open it with internet browser (Internet Explorer, Edge, chrome ...) Then the user changes the content of Excel file, closed the browser, and our code downloads the Excel file from OneDrive.

Currently there is no Graph API to support using any internet browser to open Excel file on OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Graph REST API for Excel - Add Support for text orientation in a cell

Text orientation, for example, rotate the text vertically, is required by the user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Graph REST API for Excel - Add support for data validation

Our application is heavily dependent on the data validation feature, especially using the list validation. There is no Graph API to set the validation for a given range.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add ability to SET Calculation Mode

Beta now adds ability to GET Calculation Mode and to Calculate, but we would like to also SET the Calculation Mode. This should allow us to improve performance of setting multiple ranges (without dependsOn and small batches).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55853198/graph-excel-api-how-to-set-calculation-mode-to-improve-performance/56277975#56277975

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Call Excel REST API using app only permissions

I would like to be able to call the Excel REST API using app only permissions.

My use case is to have excel workbooks with models that have complex calculations. I could then use then call the Excel REST API from say an Azure Function using a Managed Identity that first populates some cells (that are parameters so to speak) and then calculates the workbook and gets the result from another cell, so basically I can delegate the "programming" of the complex model to a finance user who knows how to build complex models in excel.

I would effectively be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support column names while creating a new table

Currently, when creating a new table in a worksheet using the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/tablecollection-add?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http, you can't provide table column header names. I currently have to:
    - Create a table POST /tables/add (address e.g. A1:G1 for 7 columns)
    - Get table colums with GET /tables/{ID}/columns
    - Patch each column with a column name PATCH /tables/{ID}/columns/{ID} (7x in this case)

Would be great if we could provide the column names on table creation already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Freeze panes support

It would be nice we could have the same functionality in Microsoft Graph as the freeze panes in Excel worksheets. It's been commonly available in other APIs for Office clients and add-ins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Micro soft Excel best program ever

very challenging at the beggining stilll quite a ways to go but very efficent Thank You Microsoft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Input-Output functions in Microsoft graph (excel) api

Detailed Question:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52245424/how-to-create-custom-input-output-functions-in-microsoft-graph-excel-api/52246534

For Example :

Cells A1 to A10 has some data
    Cell B1 is an input field
    Cell C1 is an output field whose value is a functions of A:1 to A:10 and B1 ex: C1 = SUM(A1:A10)/B1

Is is possible to use Microsoft graph API(or any other api) to send the input data in the form on HTTP request parameter and get the result as the response of the request ?

An Ideal request-response would look something like :
    http://path-to-workbook/path-to-response-data?parameterB1=someNumericValue
    Response:
    {
    C1: <result of calculation>
    }

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Call Macros using Microsoft Graph

I would like to run Excel Macros through the Microsoft Graph Excel API. I read through the documentation but couldn't find anything related to Macros. Is there a way of executing my Excel Macros somehow via Microsoft Graph?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please fix Excel Chart Axis Interval, since 2013 limited to 255 = not enough.

Since Excel 2013 there has been a limit of 255 on the Chart Axis Interval value, this needs increasing again as per Excel 2010 and earlier as it is currently impossible to control sensible axis labels in large datasets - thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base