Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send message with a larger than ~3 MB file attachment

Through Graph, there is NO way to compose or quick send a message having, let's say, a 6 MB PDF brochure. I'm not asking for attachments of hundreds of MB, but the current limitation is a huge bug.
    UploadSessions in the context of Messages could be a solution path to the inherent limitation of embedding base64 file content in a Json.
    A

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Microsoft Graph developer,

We are excited to announce that this feature is now available via Microsoft Graph beta endpoint for you to try. You can find more details on the release @ https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/attaching-large-files-to-outlook-messages-in-microsoft-graph-preview/

Please keep sharing your feedback, feature requests via the UserVoice forum.

Thanks
    Sivaprakash Saripalli
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Graph

2. Support the discoverability of Shared Mailboxes

It seems that Outlook REST APIs is providing new scopes and the possibility to request the shared mailboxes. See this question on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38616499/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-new-read-user-and-shared-mail-delegated-scope-in-az/38626322?noredirect=1#comment64649553_38626322

The problem now lies in the fact that we cannot "discover" the shared mailbox for the end user. It means that you cannot create an application that show all the shared mailboxes for an end-user because we do not know the name/id for them.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this feedback. We are aware of this. We are not actively invested in this right now. More votes would help prioritize this. ^JT

3. Office 365 REST API - Include Email Signature

I'm sending email on behalf of logged-in user in my app.
    I would like to ability to include email signature defined in the user's mail settings.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we are aware of. There is currently work being done in all the Outlook clients so that a mail signature roams between clients. Then work can be done to make it available on the Microsoft Graph. ^JT

4. Exchange Online Admin API Support

There is an adequate amount of client side Rest APIs for outlook, but nothing truly available on the admin side. Allowing API calls to create Online Rules and Connectors for example would (hopefully) be less error prone than manually invoking Powershell sessions, especially if rules and connectors need to be created en masse.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add and remove delegates by using Microsoft Graph (Outlook REST API)

I am looking for the following equivalent: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn641959(v=exchg.150).aspx - "How to: Add and remove delegates by using EWS in Exchange". (delegating access to calendar / mails /... is quite common in company settings)

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OData filter 'contains'

When searching a mailbox using OData QueryParams I can do
    '$filter': 'Subject eq /'Priority'/'
    but that only matches where the subject exactly equals that... I can't find all mails where subject begins with, ends, contains, does not begin with, does not ... you get where I'm going... there's a significant lack of richness in the filtering (and because $search is generic and across a number of fields while it's useful, it does not give me the specificity I need)

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Public Folder Support in GRAPH API

We would like to be able rely less on EWS and move more processing to the GRAPH API

One critical thing we need is access to Public Folders. We need at a minimum for public folders:

1) Enumerate Heirarchy
    2) Create/Delete Folders
    3) CRUD for items in a folder

At the moment, we use the EWS public folder API's on behalf of 500 tenants.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Graph SDK upload limit should be higher

Right now the Graph SDK upload limit is 4MB (http://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/itemuploadcontent). It should be at least 100mb, such as OneDrive SDK provides (https://dev.onedrive.com/items/uploadput.htm)

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide Outlook REST API quota management

We are hitting rate limits with the Outlook REST API and there is no way to see what they are, no way to request an increase, and this appears to be the only support channel available.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SharedMailbox members (mailbox permissions) via Graph API

We are trying to get the members (mailbox permissions) of a SharedMailbox via Graph API. We do not see any Graph endpoint at the moment that can help us get this information. We are in the process of building a custom application where we need to be able to perform read and write operations of SharedMailbox membership/permissions. This functionality is certainly available via the exchange online powershell and I can imagine this being a critical functionality which is not yet available in Graph API. .

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a way to create a distribution group

In Azure AD we're unable to create a mail-enabled group via Graph API.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing! We’re always looking at understanding the feature sets that folks would find value in having as an out of the box feature of the platform. We’ll pass this along to the engineering teams. We’ll also update the blogs here at http://blogs.office.com with any news.

12. Expose in place archive and public folders to graph api

It will be great to expose in place archive folders in user mailbox. Currently, the in place archive folder seems to be hidden.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create Hide folder inside office 365

Hi all,
    With the VSTO and exchange WSDL we have avaibility to create an hidden folder for move mail inside. Whis this feature we have developped an plugins VSTO for a french company and a french law for disconnexion of numeric tools. With the office 365 api, these only parameters that can set when we create a folder is the display name and a single-value extended properties. I have create a folder with a display name, this folder whan correctly create with the name. I have update this folder with the single-value extended properties like in WSDL

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{userPrincipalName}/mailFolders/DeletedItems/childFolders/

Body:

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow MS Graph API /messages/delta to include singleValueExtendedProperties

I'm incrementally pulling messages via the /delta query in MS Graph API, v1.0. I'd like to pull a singleValueExtendedProperty in the same way I can for normally listing messages:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/mailFolders/Inbox/messages/delta?$expand=singleValueExtendedProperties($filter=id eq 'String 0x007D')

Unfortunately this is currently not supported. I get an error that says:
    "Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: type"

I know I can follow up with multiples GETs to pull the desired extended properties, but I'd rather avoid spawning several requests if I can get away with one.

Please see conversation here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46603485/how-do-i-get-singlevalueextendedproperties-for-ms-graph-v1-0-delta-queries

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to fetch mails by "conversations" in folders in one request

Right now you cannot achieve "conversations" view in a mail folder using REST API with one request.

A workaround can be found here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41161515/best-way-to-achieve-conversation-view-for-mail-folder-using-outlook-rest-api

but it is quite slow and not very efficient. Conversations view is the primary view of many mail client but is not achivable (easily) with REST API

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PUT/Edit MIME email content with microsoft graph

Graph API allows me to get the MIME content of email calling following graph api request: GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages//$value .

As we work on O365 app which changes content of email, it would be great to have possibility to edit the MIME content thru PUT operation.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. IFTTT trigger for flagged email in O365 Email channel

I would like a a trigger added to the O365 Email channel in IFTTT for flagged email. For example, I'd like to be able flag an email using the iOS Outlook app and connect it to adding a task in say... ToDoist.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add O365 Graph API to block or hold an email from sending out in Exchange Online

Customers want O365 Exchange Online to offer the block or hold function for 3rd party security vendor to keep the email objects from sending out until inspection completes.

O365 Graph API doesn’t offer the API to block or hold an email from sending out in Exchange Online, it exposes the risks to end users to leak confidential data and damage their reputation if improper content sent out.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Graph - Provide access to ItemAttachment bytes

In the EWS api we could download an email attachment that is itself an email (say message.eml) as a byte array, untouched. This does not appear to be possible in the Graph API. The itemAttachment is visible using $expand=microsoft.graph.itemattachment/item but only as exploded json and attachments to the itemAttachment itself are not there.

I work in a Search and Rescue environment (lives are at stake) and from an auditing/quality/completeness perspective I need to know exactly what was attached to the email (the bytes). I think the API needs to be enhanced to provide this. Can I suggest that the api…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Access to Custom Attributes in Exchange Online via Microsoft Graph

I would like the ability to access Exchange Custom Attributes via Microsoft Graph.
    The custom attributes, 1-15 stored in Exchange Online as part of Office 365. I am currently unable to access these. It would be useful as we use these attributes to hold alternate contact information not available by default. Such as a bilingual job title.
    In order to update these automatically, it would be ideal if Graph could reference these.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base