Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support the discoverability of Shared Mailboxes

It seems that Outlook REST APIs is providing new scopes and the possibility to request the shared mailboxes. See this question on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38616499/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-new-read-user-and-shared-mail-delegated-scope-in-az/38626322?noredirect=1#comment64649553_38626322

The problem now lies in the fact that we cannot "discover" the shared mailbox for the end user. It means that you cannot create an application that show all the shared mailboxes for an end-user because we do not know the name/id for them.

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this feedback. We are aware of this. We are not actively invested in this right now. More votes would help prioritize this. ^JT

2. Exchange Online Admin API Support

There is an adequate amount of client side Rest APIs for outlook, but nothing truly available on the admin side. Allowing API calls to create Online Rules and Connectors for example would (hopefully) be less error prone than manually invoking Powershell sessions, especially if rules and connectors need to be created en masse.

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MIME upload email content with microsoft graph

Graph API allows me to get the MIME content of email calling following graph api request: GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages//$value .

As we work on O365 app which changes content of email, it would be great to have possibility to edit the MIME content thru PUT operation.

In addition, apps should be able to create new messages using MIME content.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Office 365 REST API - Include Email Signature

I'm sending email on behalf of logged-in user in my app.
    I would like to ability to include email signature defined in the user's mail settings.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we are aware of. There is currently work being done in all the Outlook clients so that a mail signature roams between clients. Then work can be done to make it available on the Microsoft Graph. ^JT

5. SharedMailbox members (mailbox permissions) via Graph API

We are trying to get the members (mailbox permissions) of a SharedMailbox via Graph API. We do not see any Graph endpoint at the moment that can help us get this information. We are in the process of building a custom application where we need to be able to perform read and write operations of SharedMailbox membership/permissions. This functionality is certainly available via the exchange online powershell and I can imagine this being a critical functionality which is not yet available in Graph API. .

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Public Folder Support in GRAPH API

We would like to be able rely less on EWS and move more processing to the GRAPH API

One critical thing we need is access to Public Folders. We need at a minimum for public folders:

1) Enumerate Heirarchy
    2) Create/Delete Folders
    3) CRUD for items in a folder

At the moment, we use the EWS public folder API's on behalf of 500 tenants.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it possible to create organizational Contacts using graph API that appear in Exchange Global Address List (GAL)

It has been stated by the Office Dev Team that POST organizational contact will not be supported as...

"With the notion of guests now in Office 365, the decision has been made that Organizational contacts would not be needed moving forward."

For those of us developing with Exchange-centric customers this causes us to develop solutions that must connect to Exchange Online with accounts that do not have Multi-Factor Authentication enabled. Automation is hindered by having to constantly rotate new passwords (via Import-Clixml) and factor that into the code.

This is a security nightmare.

Not to mention, connecting to the…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Graph SDK upload limit should be higher

Right now the Graph SDK upload limit is 4MB (http://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/itemuploadcontent). It should be at least 100mb, such as OneDrive SDK provides (https://dev.onedrive.com/items/uploadput.htm)

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Expose in place archive and public folders to graph api

It will be great to expose in place archive folders in user mailbox. Currently, the in place archive folder seems to be hidden.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide a way to create a distribution group

In Azure AD we're unable to create a mail-enabled group via Graph API.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing! We’re always looking at understanding the feature sets that folks would find value in having as an out of the box feature of the platform. We’ll pass this along to the engineering teams. We’ll also update the blogs here at http://blogs.office.com with any news.

11. Provide Outlook REST API quota management

We are hitting rate limits with the Outlook REST API and there is no way to see what they are, no way to request an increase, and this appears to be the only support channel available.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manage all aspects of plain old Distribution Lists (NOT Office 365 Groups).

We have the need to create Distribution Lists in Exchange, NOT Office 365 Groups, as we do NOT need all the overhead associated with the Office 365 groups. We simply need the Distribution Lists to collect a group of email addresses and treat them as a single unit. We don't need them to log in, we don't want to provide them with a running history of email conversations and we don't want them to get a "welcome" email message. We just want to send an email to a single email address and have it be disbursed to the addresses on…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create Hide folder inside office 365

Hi all,
    With the VSTO and exchange WSDL we have avaibility to create an hidden folder for move mail inside. Whis this feature we have developped an plugins VSTO for a french company and a french law for disconnexion of numeric tools. With the office 365 api, these only parameters that can set when we create a folder is the display name and a single-value extended properties. I have create a folder with a display name, this folder whan correctly create with the name. I have update this folder with the single-value extended properties like in WSDL

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{userPrincipalName}/mailFolders/DeletedItems/childFolders/

Body:

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow MS Graph API /messages/delta to include singleValueExtendedProperties

I'm incrementally pulling messages via the /delta query in MS Graph API, v1.0. I'd like to pull a singleValueExtendedProperty in the same way I can for normally listing messages:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/mailFolders/Inbox/messages/delta?$expand=singleValueExtendedProperties($filter=id eq 'String 0x007D')

Unfortunately this is currently not supported. I get an error that says:
    "Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: type"

I know I can follow up with multiples GETs to pull the desired extended properties, but I'd rather avoid spawning several requests if I can get away with one.

Please see conversation here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46603485/how-do-i-get-singlevalueextendedproperties-for-ms-graph-v1-0-delta-queries

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to fetch mails by "conversations" in folders in one request

Right now you cannot achieve "conversations" view in a mail folder using REST API with one request.

A workaround can be found here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41161515/best-way-to-achieve-conversation-view-for-mail-folder-using-outlook-rest-api

but it is quite slow and not very efficient. Conversations view is the primary view of many mail client but is not achivable (easily) with REST API

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Secure Messaging to Outlook API

The current graph API within Outlook doesn't support enabling encryption or secure messaging support. Secure Messaging is becoming the norm for PII and PHI communication and Office 365 supports it out of the box with an E3 license. However, programmatic access isn't available as far as I can tell. Enabling it would accelerate a number of secure messaging initiatives.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export the Event, Contact items in VCF, iCal format

Ability to export Events, Contacts in MIME formats (VCF, iCal)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. mailbox permissions

Graph api should introduce an alternative for getting mailbox permissions info that is provided today by powershell and EWS.
    example:
    PowerShell: Get-MailboxPermission

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow $Filter support for toRecipients, ccRecipients, bccRecipients in Microsoft Graph api for Outlook Mail.

Allow $Filter support for toRecipients, ccRecipients, bccRecipients in Microsoft Graph api for Outlook Mail.

Currently I can use $search to get the results https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages?search="to:abc@example.com" but this gives me only top 250 messages.

Also, I cannot use skip with search. This is a huge limitation for us. We can only show 250 emails to sent to any email address. (Even skiptoken is not helpful because after 250 messages there is no skiptoken to go further)

Please add this filter support so that we can use skip feature with filter and implement paging easily.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow internet message headers that are not prefixed with X-

The /v1.0/me/sendMail endpoint allows the user to specify custom internet message headers, but requires that each header begin with “X-“ or “x-“. Please relax this requirement so that we can add other common headers like “List-Unsubscribe” and "List-Unsubscribe-Post".

See also the conversation at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53430459/list-unsubscribe-header-in-microsoft-graph-api-is-not-working/53677375#comment99402693_53677375

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base