Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Pagination to the findRooms API, to get past the limit of 100 rooms

The /findRooms API states: "You can get up to the first 100 rooms in the tenant". Could you please add standard Pagination, to get past this limit?

I tried /findRooms?$top=1000&$count=true but I am not able to make these query parameters work. In addition, I now understand that the API doesn't currently support things like $top or $skip.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [GraphAPI/Office 365 Rest API] please add support for notifications/subscription on Exchange RoomMailBox in delegated API permissions mode

GraphAPI/Office 365 Rest API, please add support for notifications/subscription on Exchange RoomMailBox in delegated mode.

In delegated API permission mode, we are able to get events from RoomMailBox calendar but not subscribe for notifications (webhooks) on events changes
    Each time we tried to create notification channel we got :
    "error": {

"code": "ExtensionError",

"message": "Operation: Create; Exception: [Status Code: Forbidden; Reason: Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.]",
    "innerError": {
    "request-id": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
    "date": "XXXXXXXXXXXXX"
    }
    }

Moreover, in Exchange, we have full access on RoomMailBox by using user account we used on delegated mode (user account impersonated). Push notifications…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to add/edit/update Teams meeting roles from the Graph API

Using the graph API you can create a new Group Event /groups/{id}/events/{id} however because it's in a group, you're unable to set the Organizer of the event because it will always be the group it's self.

This leaves the only 2 people that can change the 'meeting options' (via a link in the calendar appointment)
    - Organizer - This is the group itself (the group doesn't have a login - so it's not an option)
    - The Owner - The account who run the API call to create the event. If this is a service account, then this isn't an…

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Calendar Sharing

Currently there is no API to share calendar with another in user. This is possible with O365 WebApp and Outlook client. Please enable this through API also

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Calendars.ReadBasic minimum permission for getSchedule

getSchedule and list events require the same permission - Calendars.Read. This is too broad for getSchedule, allows the caller to list events, including the event subject/body.

Create a new permission: Calendars.ReadBasic. Use it as minimum permission to retrieve free/busy info only, which is sufficient to determine availability and scheduling meetings.

Exchange Calendar permissions and sharing policies have this. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/sharing/sharing-policies/sharing-policies.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create Event should include a Boolean to enable an option to 'send notifications to attendees'

I need to restore events from a user calendar through MS Graph API without notification sent to the attendees. The problem is that when the event is created, it automatically sends an email to all attendees, whether it's old or new event. I want to just create the event without any email send. I also tried to add a ResponseRequested=false and responseStatus=None properties, but it's do nothing.
    I'm unable to find any option how to control this. Create Event should include a Boolean to enable an option to 'send notifications to attendees' if its false then it will not send…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to determine if some of the recurrent instances within an event series have been deleted.

Ability to determine if some of the recurrent instances within an event series have been deleted

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better support recurring calendar event exceptions

When retrieving a list of occurrences for a recurring event (/me/events/{id}/instances), the result is lacking some critical data regarding exceptions. In particular, we need to know the original date/time of an exception, so that we can match it with the original occurrence. Also, there is no information at all about deleted occurrences.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. auditing

Graph API : How can we Audit mailbox access by Application Permission AD apps that have been granted admin consent. We are logging client-request-id, request-id, timestamp and x-ms-ags-diagnostic from the HTTP response headers of Graph but we have to reach microsoft to get details of these calls.

For an Azure AD/Office 365 admin, Graph API audit logs should be available in Security and Compliance section.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Detail about recurring appointment outlook 365 mail api

whilst creating in outlook 365 i need to see recurring appointment detail in mail app area , like its pattern(weekly, monthly, daily) strat date, end date , durtaion etc.

office.context.mailbox.item does not seems to provide much detail like pattern

it will be great if we can get those detail, just like outlook client addin provides those details.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Office 365 Graph API: see list of events with proper subject and details for a room calendar

I can use the Graph API to query users/room@domain/events but the subject of each event is the event creator and not the event title and there is no further information.
    I think that looking up events for a meeting room is one of the most useful features of a developer API for an enterprise calendar service and don't understand why this doesn't work in a useful way.

An event without a name or any information about it besides the time and attendees is not very useful.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Office 365 API

I am using office 365 REST API(Version 2.0) to create calendar event. But If I create calendar event with attendee then calendar sends a calendar event mail to attendee which is fine. But If I don't want attendee to receive calendar event mail then how to do it? I am not able to find a property inside Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.Event that might help.
    I am using Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.Event to create event , it will be helpful If Event class has some bool property like notification so that If its false then it will not send calendar invite to attendee otherwise send.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create event in all calendars

We'd like to be able to push events to calendars in the organization without having to be accepted. Company events, holidays, etc. It's not clear if this is possible right now. Based on everything I've read on SO, it seems office graph can only be used to push events to "ME".

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add an API for calendar processing options

There are a number of calendar options that are currently available only via the Powershell Set-CalendarProcessing command, including AddOrganizerToSubject, DeleteSubject and DeleteComments.

Please add a way to get/set these options via the Microsoft Graph Calendar API.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide feedback on the acceptance status of invitations.

Update the graph api to support querying of existing invitations, including ability to view status. This would be a great help in determining if a reminder is required to be sent, or if a user has logged on to the system. Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Get Deleted Events

It would be great to have a call for returning all deleted events in the Deleted Items folder. At the moment there is a call for returning a list of deleted emails but nothing for deleted events.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In O365 APIs, need more data in Events property.

In O365 APIs, provide a property in "Events" (https://outlook.office365.com/ews/odata/Me/Calendar/Events) to determine whether a meeting is accepted/declined or is still awating action from user.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Request grouped under investigation OFFICE 365 API ENHANCEMENTS. Investigation currently in progress with expected internal report-out date of 8/1. Public updates to follow soon after the internal review, exact date tbd.

19. Update this and following events in Microsoft Graph API Event

We are integrating Microsoft Graph API events with our Application. We noticed that the Graph API covers almost all basic functionalities for a single event like create, updates, delete, respond to an event. But when it comes to recurring events, it lacks some basic functionalities like update this and following recurring events. 

For example, If I have created a recurring event A from 1st July to 15th July at 10 pm to 11 pm and if I wanted to update the event A timing, from 9th July onwards till the end of recurrence at 9 am to 10 am, I don't have…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base