Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Pagination to the findRooms API, to get past the limit of 100 rooms

The /findRooms API states: "You can get up to the first 100 rooms in the tenant". Could you please add standard Pagination, to get past this limit?

I tried /findRooms?$top=1000&$count=true but I am not able to make these query parameters work. In addition, I now understand that the API doesn't currently support things like $top or $skip.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Category Color to Microsoft Graph API Event.Categories collection

The Calendar Event object contains a simple collection of category names called categories. Enhance the Event object by either:
    1. Add a property to the Event object called CategoryColor, a simple collection of the colors (hex or decimal value) for each category's color. Making the colors a separate property of the event object should make this backwards compatible.

OR

1. The categories collection becomes a collection of category objects. The category object has two properties called Name and Color. Name is a string and Color can be the name of the color of the hexadecimal value of the color. This approach…
    32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Calendar Sharing

Currently there is no API to share calendar with another in user. This is possible with O365 WebApp and Outlook client. Please enable this through API also

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to determine if some of the recurrent instances within an event series have been deleted.

Ability to determine if some of the recurrent instances within an event series have been deleted

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Detail about recurring appointment outlook 365 mail api

whilst creating in outlook 365 i need to see recurring appointment detail in mail app area , like its pattern(weekly, monthly, daily) strat date, end date , durtaion etc.

office.context.mailbox.item does not seems to provide much detail like pattern

it will be great if we can get those detail, just like outlook client addin provides those details.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. auditing

Graph API : How can we Audit mailbox access by Application Permission AD apps that have been granted admin consent. We are logging client-request-id, request-id, timestamp and x-ms-ags-diagnostic from the HTTP response headers of Graph but we have to reach microsoft to get details of these calls.

For an Azure AD/Office 365 admin, Graph API audit logs should be available in Security and Compliance section.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Office 365 Graph API: see list of events with proper subject and details for a room calendar

I can use the Graph API to query users/room@domain/events but the subject of each event is the event creator and not the event title and there is no further information.
    I think that looking up events for a meeting room is one of the most useful features of a developer API for an enterprise calendar service and don't understand why this doesn't work in a useful way.

An event without a name or any information about it besides the time and attendees is not very useful.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create Microsoft Graph Subscriptions for a shared calendar with delegated user permissions

The MS Graph documentation for subscriptions (webhooks) implies that it is possible to create a subscription on a shared calendar with delegated user permissions (not app-only). Currently, this works only with app-only permissions.

I would very much appreciate to create subscriptions to shared calendars also with delegated user permissions.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create event in all calendars

We'd like to be able to push events to calendars in the organization without having to be accepted. Company events, holidays, etc. It's not clear if this is possible right now. Based on everything I've read on SO, it seems office graph can only be used to push events to "ME".

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office 365 API

I am using office 365 REST API(Version 2.0) to create calendar event. But If I create calendar event with attendee then calendar sends a calendar event mail to attendee which is fine. But If I don't want attendee to receive calendar event mail then how to do it? I am not able to find a property inside Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.Event that might help.
    I am using Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.Event to create event , it will be helpful If Event class has some bool property like notification so that If its false then it will not send calendar invite to attendee otherwise send.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide feedback on the acceptance status of invitations.

Update the graph api to support querying of existing invitations, including ability to view status. This would be a great help in determining if a reminder is required to be sent, or if a user has logged on to the system. Thanks

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Office 365 API - Create meeting rooms

I'm doing an integration of my platform with the Office 365 Calendar through the Microsoft Graph API.

I plan to import and create new meeting rooms, but I've checked documentation that all of the rooms in this API are in beta and only allow the user to list the rooms.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Office 365 REST API - Get and book meeting rooms

It's not possible to book/list meeting rooms.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for sending outlook calendar events through graph API

Currently it is possible to update an outlook calendar event through API but after updating we need to open it manually and send it from outlook app itself. It will be great if we can send the events from API itself instead of opening outlook for this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When returning the times for an isAllDay Event, specify the correct times

Events that are 'isAllDay = true', show midnight to midnight, UTC time. This is incorrect. For CDT for example, it should show 5am to 5am UTC.
    Since there is no other way to determine the Timezone in that call to get events, you are forced to issue another call, like, mailboxSettings, to determine the Timezone. Which also requires additional scope authority.
    Since all the other events return the correct time in UTC, this seems like a bug that should be fixed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide O365 API calendar callbacks/subscriptions

At the moment the only way to monitor a user's calendar for changes is to poll on a regular basis. This is inefficient for the consumer and the host given the frequency at which people change their calendars.

Something similar to Google's watch capability would be ideal https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/v3/reference/events/watch

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In O365 APIs, need more data in Events property.

In O365 APIs, provide a property in "Events" (https://outlook.office365.com/ews/odata/Me/Calendar/Events) to determine whether a meeting is accepted/declined or is still awating action from user.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Request grouped under investigation OFFICE 365 API ENHANCEMENTS. Investigation currently in progress with expected internal report-out date of 8/1. Public updates to follow soon after the internal review, exact date tbd.

19. Enable Search for Calendar API

Messages API endpoint allows a query parameter $search to filter messages based on text. The same for Calendar API would be tremendously useful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base