Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GraphQL API for the Microsoft Graph

Facebook's GraphQL is the perfect API solution for the Microsoft Graph. I highly encourage you to implement this, since it would improve development for React apps.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are doing some investigation into GraphQL. We’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

2. add ediscovery on Microsoft Graph API

Suggest to add ediscovery to microsoft Graph API to execute query automaticaly (search contents, advanced ediscovery)

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Raise or remove the limit on number of requests allowed in a batch

A limit of 5 is insufficient for my batching needs. Please remove this limitation entirely or raise it to a reasonable number (100+).

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OData filter 'contains'

When searching a mailbox using OData QueryParams I can do
    '$filter': 'Subject eq /'Priority'/'
    but that only matches where the subject exactly equals that... I can't find all mails where subject begins with, ends, contains, does not begin with, does not ... you get where I'm going... there's a significant lack of richness in the filtering (and because $search is generic and across a number of fields while it's useful, it does not give me the specificity I need)

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Microsoft Graph API Health endpoint

There should be some official endpoint created to programmatically check the health status of the Microsoft Graph API.

My application makes queries to the Graph API endpoint as part of the app's login process. I have built a health dashboard to notify me when external API's are having trouble. However, there is no specific Microsoft Graph endpoint that provides any status/health indicator for MS Graph API.

I appreciate your consideration.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Microsoft Word endpoints to the Microsoft Graph API

Microsoft Graph needs to allow access to Microsoft Word Documents by exposed API endpoints.

Basically, all the analogous functionality present in the excel endpoints should also be exposed for the respective similar functions that Microsoft word has.

Why can we not, create, edit, modify, add tables, etc, etc, in Microsoft Word through Microsoft Graph?

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Graph API to Microsoft Forms

Access to Microsoft Forms would be great! The ability to query form responses could be very beneficial.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add 'select' and 'filter' to webhook resource subscriptions to get more accurate notifications

Currently, only two options exist : updated or changed.

It would be great to be able to be more specific to get only the targetted notifications, adding filters.

Example : https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages?$select=isRead&$filter=from/emailAddress/address eq 'jon@contoso.com'

--> Get a notification only when the 'isRead' field evolves for messages sent by Jon.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  Peter Ciszewski responded

Support for $select is being planned.
    Support for $filter is in the backlog.

9. consistent retry-after information accross different workloads

Currently OneDrive, Outlook, and AAD Workloads under the Graph send a retry-after header on 429 and/or 503.
    However the documentation doesn't say which workloads support it https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/concepts/throttling and the other workloads don't support it.
    It'd make it easier if that was supported across the board to have a single way to handle those kind of issues.
    Same remark for the rate-limit headers
    related issues: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47146598/not-receiving-retry-after-headers-from-ms-graph-api
    https://github.com/microsoftgraph/msgraph-sdk-javascript/issues/42

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve started documenting and improving throttling mechanisms and patterns.
    Currently all the resources listed under “the following resources currently provide a retry after header” as well as any resource listed under the service specific limits return a retry after header. More work is ongoing to improve throttling patterns, document those and improve overall documentation readability.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/throttling

We’re not planning to bring rate-limit headers back. https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/throttling-coming-to-outlook-api-and-microsoft-graph/

10. Implementet full OData v4 query consistently across all graph endpoints

Currently the documentation says (as of 20th of April) that MS Graph query parameters are compatible with OData v4 queries.
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/overview/query_parameters

This is not completely orthogonal as there are cases where some operations work and other cases where they don't.
    I've used the Graph Explorer to find out what works and what doesn't so far, but it isn't the ideal way.

Filter operations Contains/Concat/Trim/ToUpper/ToLower are not supported in /v1.0/users but some are supported in /v1.0/me/events.
    Furthermore it seems string comparisons are case insensitive, rendering ToUpper and ToLower meaningless. Using case sensitivity and allowing the use of ToUpper/ToLower would allow the…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate PowerBI API into Graph API

PowerBI is a Office 365 service, so please integrate it into the Graph API!!
    We urgently need the integration of Power BI REST API into the Graph API for our customers.
    - The API needs to be accessible as a tenant, not only as a user.
    - We need the ability to programmatically deploy and get datasets, reports and dashboards to specific users and groups.
    - Statistics about usage.
    We need this in the Graph API to combine PowerBI data with the data in Office 365.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expose Office API via Swagger.

OK this is a radical idea from listening to @mkristensen talk about VS.NET tooling and how they are looking at supporting Swagger 2.0 to provide code generation for RESTful APIs in VSNET.

http://devchat.tv/adventures-in-angular/019-aia-microsoft-tooling-with-mads-kristensen

I looked up Swagger and their online documentation editor, and browser and here's an example

http://petstore.swagger.wordnik.com/#!/pet/updatePet

Which is surprisingly similar to Office 365's

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn600182(v=office.15).aspx

I think Office 365 documentation on MSDN should still be the primary resource. Any future tie in to API-Sandbox would be awesome.

But if VSNET starts to support auto-codegen (like the old days with WSDL/Soap Services) from Swagger documentation, then I can also…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Whiteboard API

Are there plans to release the Whiteboard API and Docs? I'm curious and would want to build on the great experience that's been built so far. Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a Graph/O365 REST API to fetch subscription commitment (monthly or annual)

In the admin console I'm able to see the subscription commitment for each license (either monthly or annual). I want to be able to fetch that information through an API.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback about the Office Developer Platform. The team likes your idea and we want to look into it further, so we’ve moved it to the Investigation Queue.

16. Add Microsoft Graph tutorial for PowerShell

My preferred language of PowerShell is not listed on the tutorials page:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/tutorials.

Please add a tutorial for accessing Microsoft Graph via PowerShell.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Timing-Allow-Origin: * to MS Graph response headers

To allow consumers of Graph APIs to use the Resource Timing web browser API to get detailed request timing information when making cross-origin calls to MS Graph, the Timing-Allow-Origin header should be included in responses from MS Graph with a value of *.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expand the Graph Open Extension limitations

I'm attempting to use the Graph Extensions for my user data and keep running into limits put in place that I feel are too small. I either hit the 2KB limit per extension, or when I try to break it apart into logical extensions, I hit the error: "Maximum number of extensions values supported per application is 2"

I can provide our business case if needed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Graph api batch request with dependencies

Graph API allows for batch requests. I would like to have the option for requests that depend on each other. which means, request A provides input for request B. For example, get recent documents and get the embed link for them. This can only be done in more than one request because you need the ID of the items

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base