Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflowor if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include users' last logon time

Last Logon is missing from the user objects in Azure! I'd like to be able to read the Last Logon information through the Graph API, to tell which users are actually logging in. But very surprisingly I can't find any such attribute!
    Can we please please add this attribute to the user object?

460 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restrict permissions to app-only Azure AD applications consuming Office 365 services on resource level

Large organization start leveraging the Graph API to provide integrations between their third party applications and Office 365. In such companies it is common to delegate the development of integrations from the central IT organization to other business units.
    The current app-only permission priviledges are not appropriate for such types of setups since there is currently no way to limit the permissions for that app to a specific resource in Office 365. This makes such use cases impossible to implement.

As an example we could consider SharePoint Online. Whever a business unit has to develop a daemon tool that exchanges…

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Work has started. We plan to build an experience where end users and administrators can pick a specific resource to grant consent to, such as a specific group or site. This will be programmable through Microsoft Graph API.

3. Application permissions to Task API

While reviewing the O365 Preview API I was wondering what about Task-Management. Currently there are two systems for task management (Exchange and SharePoint). Would be great to see a roadmap for TaskManagement in the O365 Story and of course get an API to easily connect Apps to consume tasks. (No CSOM required just give us REST :D)

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for requesting this, it is in our backlog. There are some product alignment initiatives in play that have delayed the start of this work that are still ongoing. ^JT

4. Add Pagination to the findRooms API, to get past the limit of 100 rooms

The /findRooms API states: "You can get up to the first 100 rooms in the tenant". Could you please add standard Pagination, to get past this limit?

I tried /findRooms?$top=1000&$count=true but I am not able to make these query parameters work. In addition, I now understand that the API doesn't currently support things like $top or $skip.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to filter on collection type properties (e.g. find all users with skill X)

In order to, for example, filter users by a certain skill you cannot do only one REST call now.

From stackexchange:

"Filter on collection type properties is represented as below:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users?$filter=skills/any(c:c eq 'Javascript')

However, filter on skills property is currently not supported. You can place a request in uservoice site."

I would like support for this /any command, specifically for skills but for all queries would be great too.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send message with a larger than ~3 MB file attachment

Through Graph, there is NO way to compose or quick send a message having, let's say, a 6 MB PDF brochure. I'm not asking for attachments of hundreds of MB, but the current limitation is a **huge** bug.
    UploadSessions in the context of Messages could be a solution path to the inherent limitation of embedding base64 file content in a Json.
    A

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Microsoft Graph developer,

We are excited to announce that this feature is now available via Microsoft Graph beta endpoint for you to try. You can find more details on the release @ https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/attaching-large-files-to-outlook-messages-in-microsoft-graph-preview/

Please keep sharing your feedback, feature requests via the UserVoice forum.

Thanks
    Sivaprakash Saripalli
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Graph

7. Support the discoverability of Shared Mailboxes

It seems that Outlook REST APIs is providing new scopes and the possibility to request the shared mailboxes. See this question on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38616499/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-new-read-user-and-shared-mail-delegated-scope-in-az/38626322?noredirect=1#comment64649553_38626322

The problem now lies in the fact that we cannot "discover" the shared mailbox for the end user. It means that you cannot create an application that show all the shared mailboxes for an end-user because we do not know the name/id for them.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this feedback. We are aware of this. We are not actively invested in this right now. More votes would help prioritize this. ^JT

8. Add a "My Groups - Read/Write" Permission (that does not require Admin Consent)

It should not be necessary to require an admin consent to do Group read write operations through the graph API. There should be a permission for My Groups.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The work has started, but there is no target date yet due to early investigations. This will work first on Microsoft Teams, then we will target Office 365 Groups. ^JT

9. Possibility to enable/disable multi-factor authentication for a user via the Graph API

We would like to be able to set MFA for users from a custom application, by using Graph API or Azure AD SDK.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Azure AD Team responded

We’re in the process of building APIs for both conditional access policies and authentication method registration. Between the two, you’ll be able to programmatically register your users’ auth methods (sms, voice, etc) and also create and edit conditional access policies to require MFA.

Michael

10. Expand navigation property of children with a single query

Impossible to get members of Azure AD group with expanded 'manager' property in one request.
    for example:
    https://graph.windows.net/<tenant_id>/directoryObjects/<group_id>/members/?api-version=1.6&$expand=manager

we gets the following response:
    {"code":"Request_UnsupportedQuery","message":{"lang":"en","value":"An unsupported query was observed. Please ensure you query does not navigate across multiple reference-properties."}

I suppose reason of such response is clear. and current workaround is the following:
    1) Get group members
    2) for each five members(using OData batch) get manager
    But this way make us do a lot of requests to Azure AD and we expect performance degradation here.

We develop multi tenant application which access Azure AD of all our customers and it's…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Azure AD Team responded

We are still looking into it! It is due to current platform limitation, and there is some work going on to address this. Again, thank you for the suggestions! Keep the votes coming.

11. Allow Access to Planner using Client Credentials Flow

Planner tasks, buckets and plans are apparently not accessible using client credentials flow (app only).

I can access them using code flow authentication, but that's not my requirement (internal web service).

Everything else seems to work - it's just the planner stuff that doesn't (401 unauthorized).

Is there a workaround that doesn't require a user to log in?

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for requesting this, it is in our backlog, but we currently don’t have it planned in a sprint so cannot indicate target release to beta. ^JT

12. GraphQL API for the Microsoft Graph

Facebook's GraphQL is the perfect API solution for the Microsoft Graph. I highly encourage you to implement this, since it would improve development for React apps.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are doing some investigation into GraphQL. We’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

13. allow access to user presence via API

Please allow access to read and update user presence via API.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  11 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Office 365 REST API - Include Email Signature

I'm sending email on behalf of logged-in user in my app.
    I would like to ability to include email signature defined in the user's mail settings.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we are aware of. There is currently work being done in all the Outlook clients so that a mail signature roams between clients. Then work can be done to make it available on the Microsoft Graph. ^JT

15. Exchange Online Admin API Support

There is an adequate amount of client side Rest APIs for outlook, but nothing truly available on the admin side. Allowing API calls to create Online Rules and Connectors for example would (hopefully) be less error prone than manually invoking Powershell sessions, especially if rules and connectors need to be created en masse.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled property on Groups

If want to hide o365 Group using HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled property from Outlook and discovery, the Graph still returns all "hided" Groups. Could you at least return that property with Groups data so we can hide certain Groups withing our apps?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt238274(v=exchg.160).aspx

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add and remove delegates by using Microsoft Graph (Outlook REST API)

I am looking for the following equivalent: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn641959(v=exchg.150).aspx - "How to: Add and remove delegates by using EWS in Exchange". (delegating access to calendar / mails /... is quite common in company settings)

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to update the user's email aliases (proxyAddresses attribute).

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/ad/graph/api/entity-and-complex-type-reference#user-entity shows that we can GET, POST and PATCH the "otherMails" attribute of a user object. otherMails is described as "A list of additional email addresses for the user", which makes it sound like the user's email aliases. However, if you set this attribute, then look at the user in the Office365 Admin Center or Powershell, you see it's actually the "Alternate Email Address" attribute: i.e. the contact address required for admin accounts. In the Graph API the attribute that lists the email aliases is "proxyAddresses" and this is read-only (i.e. only supports GET). It's been explained to me by…

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fully migrate AD users to Azure AD

I would like to be able to fully migrate my AD users to the cloud, so that when I use them to log into an AzureAD Joined Machine, the whoami CMD properly returns AzureAD\fristnamelastname. Right now there are hidden attributes accociated with the previously AD synced user, that causes the whoami CMD to return DOMAIN\username. This is preventing cloud migrations.

Response I received suggesting that I contact this team.

"This a known gap, that we're reviewing. Even though you have migrated the user from AD to Azure AD, the onprem SamAccountName is still intact on the user object, among other…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. expose “lastModifiedDateTime” on user

I need to retrieve the last modified date of user profiles in Office 365 from the Graph API.

Could you please provide the endpoint similar to https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/?$select=createdDateTime

But have it be for the last time the user profile was modified by the user or admin, would be awesome for it to be https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/?$select=lastModifiedDateTime

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base