Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Education API - import and export functionality

The Education API endpoints to not support import/export, which makes it difficult for users to copy the same or similar endpoints.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Documentation - Navigate to a drive on SharePoint

The current documentation for Microsoft Graph does not cover how to navigate to a drive on a SharePoint site and pull files from it. It appears that the documentation assumes the user has an understanding of SharePoint's structure.

The documentation for Microsoft Graph should include how to navigate to a drive on a SharePoint site and pull files from it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Application permission on domain level

We are working with enterprise companies with a lot of concerning legal entities. We are building a third party app and are always running in trouble, if there is a tenant with different domains/legal entities, because usually domain admins will not give permissions to parts of the enterprise, who are not covered by contracts.

It would be great, if application permission can be combinded with domain (easiest) OR some part of AAD-information (like Devision or an extra attribut).

In example: I am domain admin of the tenant contexxt.ai, and i've a legal entity called zukunftsdidaktik.de in my tenant. i want…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Configure Power BI Tab in the Microsoft Teams Power BI Tab using graph API.

So my organization has a Power BI report for every Team. Right now I have to manually link the power bi report on the power Tab, but I would like to configure the Power BI report to Power Tab. I have already published the report and have the link. I just need to be able to configure the Power BI Tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to search KW in mail attachments using the graph API

This was originally posted as bug Case #: 19539035 . Without searching the attachments the searching functionality is of limited use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support of users Team chat collection with Application ID

Microsoft requires additional verification to collect messages if you're using Application permissions

Customers would literally have to fill out this form

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR1ax4zKyZjVBmutzKVo1pVtUQ1VJMlNTNUdJV1FKTzVZSVU4MlMwTTdOTSQlQCN0PWcu

Even then, there's no supported way to list all a user's chats with Application permissions, so in effect it's impossible to discover like, a user's private messages

You'd only be able to collect from channels

(Also, the entire chat API is in beta, so that's another reason)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add support for OneDrive personal vault folder

I am not a developer so I hope I will be able to explain what I want you to do for them so they can make things better for us ordinary users ;)
    I am using KeePass for storing my credentials and for better security I use the keyfile.
    After you (MS) announced the OneDrive Personal Vault folder feature I got the idea to store the keyfile there.
    Which works perfectly fine in the version of KeePass for Windows, but doesn't work on the Android version, because the filepicker on Android isn't able to browse the Personal Vault folder.
    It…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add collection property of groups for selected lifecycle policy type

You can easily add a group via the Graph api to a lifecycle policy when it is of the type selected but I can see no method to show all groups that are currently assigned, other than via the portal.

So for me the best way may be just to surface it as an additional property when performing GET grouplifecyclepolicies.

I could probably in some roundabout way make use of the ability to get a group and then fine a lifecycle policy but would be much easier to just see all groups on a policy basis.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dataset for Groups to be available in DataConnect

The dataset does not have one for Azure AD Groups and their memberships. Please consider adding one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict graph explorer to not allow one user in an organization to view another user's extensions.

I don't think it's a good idea for anyone in an organization to be able to view other people's open extensions. Some organizations use these extensions to store some sensitive user data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow us to write sensitivity label in Group properties via Graph API

assignedLabels:
    The list of sensitivity label pairs (label ID, label name) associated with an Office 365 group. Returned only on $select. Read-only.

Please give us the option to set/write/delete/modify a sensitivity label on a Group / SharePoint Site / Team.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Return Presence State icon

Return the Presence state icon in the Response
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Content-Type: application/json
    Content-Length: 1574

{

"id": "fa8bf3dc-eca7-46b7-bad1-db199b62afc3",

"availability": "Available",
    "activity": "Available",
    "icon" : "{99 99 99 99....}" - Whatever the greendotwithatick value is

}

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expose 'private', 'confidential' and other sensitivity properties for the Mail endpoint.

This is quite important for us to determine whether it's appropriate to read an email or not with our tool (currently everything is returned with no indication).

I'm sure there are many other use cases that require sensitive emails to be identifiable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Get Meeting Graph API

Currently, the Graph API supports Teams meeting acquisition only for vct meetings.
    I want to get the participants, start time and end time of a regular meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. shift api not working , POST /teams/{teamId}/schedule gives 204 response

this api is not working after post call if you make GET call, in response you can see provision state as failed without and code.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add @odata.nextLink for /users/{id}/joinedTeams becoz no of teams > 1000,call is not getting all teams nor having @odata.nextLink

/users/{id}/joinedTeams graph api call, If teams are more than 1000 for provided user then , this graph api call is not getting me all the teams for provided user , and it is not having @odata.nextLink as well.That is why recently created teams are missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow for differential upload of files

Onedrive for Windows has recently introduced differential sync, this allows to save bandwidth by only uploading the parts of a file that have been changed. Please add these functionality to the OneDrive SDKs where the developer provides the changes in the file and OneDrive automatically updates the file in the cloud without having to upload the entire file again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create Planner Task by Flow using HTTP request by app registration

The authentication mechanism is so complicated that every time it is saying error code: UnknownError and Detail of error is : Deleted User. Can we create a simple authentication mechanism for O365

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Graph API for Teams telephony objects

It would be useful to have Graph access to the telephony objects in Teams. Right now, I need to use an azure runbook that runs new-csonlinesession in order to retrieve Teams telephony objects like users, phone numbers, call queues, auto attendants, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base