Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. programmatic access of onedrive for files uploading in android

User must be able to upload files programmatically like images, pdf and text files by using android apps to one drive on single click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Missing initials when filtering/selecting api/users

Please add initials attribute to the user object

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cannot sign into office 365

Let us log in... It never works, every morning.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expose additional O365 subscription and user data

Data that can be fetched using Get-MsolSubscription is not exposed via Graph API: CreatedDate, IsTrial, RenewalDate. Also, when fetching users, there are fewer user fields available with GraphApi than with Get-MsolUser: WhenCreated, LicenseReconciliationNeeded, IsLicensed, Blocked... It would be nice to expose this data related to license usage.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enhance the Microsoft Graph API to support validation/delegation of user credentials.

We are using Microsoft Graph API for getting the users from Azure AD . We get most of the user information. However we want our customer to validate his credentials against AzureAD but we don't see any Graph API supporting it.
    Usecase is User will enter his username and password to validate and our API has to check with Azure target and provide the reponse saying its success or failure

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Graph's findMeetingTimes should handle recurring meeting requests

In MS Graph findMeetingTimes call, I would like to specify a recurrence type and recurrence interval in the request body in order to find a recurring meeting time without conflicts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support loopback interface redirection for native app auth code retrieval as per rfc8252

Rfc8252 para 7.3 describes using loopback interface redirection for auth code retrieval in native apps as one of the approved secure mechanisms. This does not work in Azure AD v2, because:

• in azure, the redirect url has to match the reigstered url including the port, which is incorrect (see rfc 8252 8.4 2nd para - the port should be ignored)

• in azure, the redirect url has to be https, which is not always possible to support and is redundant when using loopback as the message does not leave the device (see rfc 8252 para 8.3)

• in the app registration…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outlook.com - Support to update email signature via API

I work in Bybrand (email signature management tool), and would like to see the option to update the email signature, for example, from Outlook.com via REST API. How Google does with Gmail and G Suite
    Support to update email signature via API

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. thumbnail

Be able to retrieve thumbnails of Excel documents. This feature works great with Word documents and other types, but really needs to expanded to work with excel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workbooks and Charts (Excel)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Graph Api Not providing Phone Number

Im using "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me"
    Im not getting Phone number info -- my phone number is linked to email

Please Help me

&quot;@odata.context&quot;: &quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#users/$entity&quot;">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#users/$entity&quot;</a>,

&quot;displayName&quot;: &quot;xyxyyx xyxyxyx&quot;,
    &quot;surname&quot;: &quot;xyxyxy&quot;,
    &quot;givenName&quot;: &quot;xyxyx&quot;,
    &quot;id&quot;: &quot;xyxyxyyx&quot;,
    &quot;userPrincipalName&quot;: &quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:myemail@outlook.com">myemail@outlook.com</a>&quot;,
    &quot;businessPhones&quot;: [],
    &quot;jobTitle&quot;: null,
    &quot;mail&quot;: null,
    &quot;mobilePhone&quot;: null,
    &quot;officeLocation&quot;: null,
    &quot;preferredLanguage&quot;: null

}

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. REST API Support for Creating Directories

REST API should support the ability to create/suspend/delete whole directories towards Azure AD. This is something that has to me done manually today, not that good for creating automated services with Azure Stack with a lot of directories.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support SharePoint multi choice fields when updating list items via Microsoft Graph

It is currently possible to retrieve the data for a multi choice field from the graph, but it errors when you try to update a multi choice field.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are investigating the technical requirements to see if we can move this to the backlog. We will post updates here as a decision is made. More votes would help prioritize this feature. -EY

13. Planner Task Change Notifications or Delta Query

I would like to be notified when tasks are created, updated or deleted in the graph api change notifications. Alternatively delta queries would be helpful in creating a standup-feed of information that has changed since the last meeting.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filter and search support on users is severely lacking and prevents scenario completion

There are several requests for improvement in user apis.
    This api seems to have stagnated and is terrible at scenario completion.
    Given it's current state the only way to achieve true scenario completion is to query each user by id to get their full object, reindex all of this information in a separate solution that is significantly better at search and filter.

There are several requests speaking about the breadth of properties on which filter is not supported.

There are several requests speaking about the lack of information returned by the list apis.

There is an orthogonal people api that…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Azure Conditional Access for Microsoft Graph

A lot of Microsoft products does not work as expected due to the fact the Microsoft Graph does not support Azure Conditional Access. Among the applications I can mention is Microsoft Teams, ToDo, etc. that all rely on the Microsoft Graph and breaks to to limited support or no support for Azure Conditional Access.

Teams:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/32657161-conditional-access-team-authentication

ToDo:
    https://todo.uservoice.com/forums/597175-feature-suggestions/suggestions/32007451-add-support-for-conditional-access

/Peter Selch Dahl - Azure MVP

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Graph Webhooks - include the changed data in the response

Trying out Webhooks on the Graph beta enpoint for /users and I am missing
    information about what data was changed

Nowhere to be found is what attributes of the user were changed (i my case "Last name"). This makes the triggers totally unusable for "/users" and I cant really think of anyone who could use this function as is? Sure I know the object was changed but I have no idea WHAT happened and if the change was relevant to my function
    Please tell me there are plans to include the actual changes i the trigger response

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add support for wWWHomepage

Microsoft Graph cant return the wWWHomePage property that people know from regular AD. We need to access this field in a business case and cant do so, because of the current limitations.

Please add support for wWWHomePage on the User object!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate Power BI to Graph usage / activity Report

Like usage statistics for OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc... I suggest to create Graph REST API for Power BI usage under https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/reports.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. AzureAD in App Service VMs

I have an Azure hosted App Service which occasionally runs PowerShell snippets via the PowerShell object. Trying to use AzureAD cmdlets fails and trying to import AzureAD also fails:

The specified module 'AzureAD' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.

I have looked at the modules available via Get-Module executed against the VM hosting the app service and couldn't see anything AzureAD oriented. Having AzureAD available to App Services would be handy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create educationClass with Microsoft Graph API

Instead of using SDS, I would like to create an educationClass with the Microsoft Graph API. Or upgrade an existing group or MSTeam to an educationClass. Will that become possible?
    NB The existing 'createClass' method on a School item will only link an existing Class, I think, not create a new one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base