Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to configure and extend the mapping of user profile attributes between the Azure AD and the SharePoint Online

Currently only a minimal set of AAD attributes is synchronized to SharePoint Online UPA (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh147510.aspx#section1). It should be possible to change and extend the list of properties that are synced and also allow the writeback of user property values from SPO to AAD.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expose Office API via Swagger.

OK this is a radical idea from listening to @mkristensen talk about VS.NET tooling and how they are looking at supporting Swagger 2.0 to provide code generation for RESTful APIs in VSNET.

http://devchat.tv/adventures-in-angular/019-aia-microsoft-tooling-with-mads-kristensen

I looked up Swagger and their online documentation editor, and browser and here's an example

http://petstore.swagger.wordnik.com/#!/pet/updatePet

Which is surprisingly similar to Office 365's

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn600182(v=office.15).aspx

I think Office 365 documentation on MSDN should still be the primary resource. Any future tie in to API-Sandbox would be awesome.

But if VSNET starts to support auto-codegen (like the old days with WSDL/Soap Services) from Swagger documentation, then I can also…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Office 365 SDK Docs - Add Details on How To Authenticate

This guidance (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/common-calendar-tasks-client-library#GetAuthToken) is not as complete as it should be. You likely want to add add additional NuGet packages to make this work. Suggest adding the recommended way to authenticate, such as OWIN / ADAL, to help people get started faster.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We’ll include this as part of our next round of documentation improvements.

Thanks,
    Dorrene Brown
    Office Developer Platform Team

4. Office 365 SDK API - Class Library Reference

The documentation on dev.office.com for the new SDK API reference is great for how to, but what's missing is class library documentation for the assemblies added in the various NuGet packages. For instance, I should be able to get to a page that for something like Microsoft.Office365.OutlookServices.OutlookServiceClient. Today I have to use a .NET reflection tool, the Object Browser in Visual Studio or write some code and see the IntelliSense to see what objects, methods & properties are available to me.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Linux command line access to Office365 easy available (Linux SDK)

Linux engineers are at large scripting their work. How easy is it to get a file from an Office365 document library using a Linux command line script?
    Would be possible looking at oAuth and REST but with your more open approach, launch a Linux SDK

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs more information  ·  2 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide O365 API calendar callbacks/subscriptions

At the moment the only way to monitor a user's calendar for changes is to poll on a regular basis. This is inefficient for the consumer and the host given the frequency at which people change their calendars.

Something similar to Google's watch capability would be ideal https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/v3/reference/events/watch

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Social Network of project and Office-document sharing

Would be really useful for all students studying in international fields of their studies to be able to share their projects and presentations and be able to access or view other peoples' work. This would be linked with your Microsoft account and it would be nice to have a rating system for shared projects.

Think about how much more effort students around the world would put on their projects when they are trying to achieve publicity and good grades online with their school projects. Now that we have Office for iPhone and iPad also the sharing of your documents straight…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. This is a compelling idea and we will think through the potential of building this out and provide an update here.

8. Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list of pinned "My Apps" of a current user

When I'm creating an App on Office 365, users can pin them and select them from the "My Apps" menu in the new Office 365 ribbon.

I would like to recreate this menu/whole ribbon in my app (desktop or web, whatever), to bring a consistent experience to my end users. By this, my users could easly switch between O365 Apps and my app.

I'm inspired by TechEd Europe and all the O365 sessions. This is what imho is missing and is very important atm.

Something like:
    dev.office.com/me/apps/pinned

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Health status API Dashboard

I would like to have API access to all Service health of each of our customers O365 servers. I know you can view individual service health but it would be good to build a dashboard that you can add all your customers on Office 365 and display the current health for Exchange, Lync , Share point etc. If there was an issue you can have a real-time dashboard and provide reactive support to your customer and not have to wait for them to call with an issue.

I would love to display a dashboard like this in our office for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expose the Capability Name, ServiceUri and ServiceResourceIds in the DiscoveryContext class

The Office 365 API exposes the "/services" endpoint, which returns a collection of service Uri endpoints. However, the DiscoveryContext class does not expose the collection, rather it looks up a specific endpoint based on a capability name that is passed into the method (ServiceResourceId or Capability name).

I would like a method that returns the collection of CapabilityDiscoveryResults. Alternatively, add an Enum to the library to aid in the selection of Capability/ServiceResourceId.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. File thumbnails/preview API

The WOPI file previews are available in OneDrive for Business if you have the rtFa and FedAuth cookies.

You can also download the files using the _api/files REST API, through OAuth without having the session cookies.

I would like to use the same OAuth authentication to request previews of the files (action=imagepreview) when I am listing them through the REST API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a way to create a distribution group

In Azure AD we're unable to create a mail-enabled group via Graph API.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing! We’re always looking at understanding the feature sets that folks would find value in having as an out of the box feature of the platform. We’ll pass this along to the engineering teams. We’ll also update the blogs here at http://blogs.office.com with any news.

14. Extend Office 365 Roadmap to Address Private Cloud Products

Whether or not Office 365 makes sense in a particular environment isn’t a given and in a lot of real-world cases, the subject matter of intense planning & debate. Unfortunately, we’re only afforded this easily understood roadmap for one half of the question that many customers have to ponder – Which path will they follow?

For many customers considering an on-premises / private cloud solution, it can be exceedingly difficult to fully understand where the functional differences are today, let alone where they’ll be tomorrow.

Having new or planned on-premises/private cloud features depicted in a similar roadmap would be an…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow better viewing of subtasks

When there are tasks that are subtasks it is difficult for users that are given a link or see it in their task list to know what the parent tasks is. When viewing the task in view or edit mode it would be helpful to see what the parent is or be able to easily link to it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Request grouped under investigation OFFICE 365 API ENHANCEMENTS. Investigation currently in progress with expected internal report-out date of 8/1. Public updates to follow soon after the internal review, exact date tbd.

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Request grouped under investigation OFFICE 365 API ENHANCEMENTS. Investigation currently in progress with expected internal report-out date of 8/1. Public updates to follow soon after the internal review, exact date tbd.

17. In O365 APIs, need more data in Events property.

In O365 APIs, provide a property in "Events" (https://outlook.office365.com/ews/odata/Me/Calendar/Events) to determine whether a meeting is accepted/declined or is still awating action from user.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. O365 api GetNextPageAsync always returns null

I'm enumerating all the emails in a users inbox but when i try to call GetNextPageAsync the result is awyas null even though i know there are more emails. running the original query again does once again return the first 50 items, and then nothing

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Server error when the user has a Room contact

When making a request to:
    https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/OData/Users(&#39;<user>@<domain>.onmicrosoft.com')/Contacts

If the user has a Room as a contact. i.e. From https://outlook.office365.com, go to People/Directory/All Rooms. Select a room, then "Add to Contacts"

Then the request fails with:

code=500
    data=
    { "error" : { "code" : "ErrorInternalServerError",

&quot;innererror&quot; : { &quot;message&quot; : &quot;Object reference not set to an instance of an object.&quot;,

&quot;stacktrace&quot; : &quot; at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactSchema.&lt;.cctor&gt;b__2c(Entity e, PropertyDefinition ep, ServiceObject s, PropertyInformation sp)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.SimpleEwsPropertyProvider.GetProperty(Entity entity, PropertyDefinition property, ServiceObject ewsObject)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactProvider.ItemTypeToEntity(ItemType itemType, IList`1 properties)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactProvider.Find(String parentFolderId, ContactQueryAdapter queryAdapter)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.FindContactsCommand.InternalExecute()\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.ODataCommand`2.Execute()\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.ODataTask.Execute(TimeSpan queueAndDelayTime, TimeSpan totalTime)&quot;,
    &quot;type&quot; :
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Store custom data at the user (like an mdb in the users own filesystem)

I like to be able to provide custom data storage - inside the users own office365 - for the users of my applications, like https://www.dropbox.com/developers/datastore .

With that I would be able to create applications without the need to provide and maintain a data backend. And the user would not need to rely on (or trust) a database maintained by me.

With an easy to use api (like azure mobile services).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base