Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Expand the Graph Open Extension limitations

I'm attempting to use the Graph Extensions for my user data and keep running into limits put in place that I feel are too small. I either hit the 2KB limit per extension, or when I try to break it apart into logical extensions, I hit the error: "Maximum number of extensions values supported per application is 2"

I can provide our business case if needed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to get all sites list from sharepoint using client credentials flow

At present using the client credentials flow we get only list of tenant sites but we need to get all site list, at least names and ids.

I know this can be achieved using ROPC flow but we either have to login or get user password which is not a good thing to do.

Please refer to the discussion below:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50699284/microsoft-graph-and-azure-ad-user-authentication

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extend the Microsoft Graph API with more SharePoint search features

Microsoft Graph allows us to search individual sites

e.g.

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/mydevspsite.sharepoint.com,siteid/drive/root/search(q='cheese')

The SharePoint REST api allows us to search across all sites

e.g.

https://mydevspsite.sharepoint.com/_api/search/query?querytext=%27chicken%27

It would be extremely useful to be able to perform the search all sites call directly from the MS Graph.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the token used to access MS Graph to also be used for SharePoint REST

Have been trying to see if there is a way to authenticate a user once for the graph api and then also use the sharepoint rest api. There are features that are only available in the sharepoint rest api that we would like to use but dont want to ask the user to login again for these specific features.

e.g. we can search individual sites from ms graph but the sharepoint rest api allows us to search all sites.

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/mydevspsite.sharepoint.com,siteid/drive/root/search(q='cheese')

and

https://mydevspsite.sharepoint.com/_api/search/query?querytext=%27chicken%27

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage permissions at ressource level for Sharepoint and Files

Today, when an application is granted access to Sharepoint or Files, it has access to all sharepoint sites and files of the user. In case of an application permissions, the admin user gives access to all Sharepoint sites and Files of its tenants.
    It would be great to manage permissions at Sharepoint site level. A user/admin user would grant an app access to a specific Sharepoint sites and to all the drives related to that Sharepoint sites.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add recurrent properties when create mail rules in office 365

Hi all,
    When i create a rules in outlook on my office 365 account, i have the availability to create rules in date range (all message receive between 2 date goes in specifics folder) With office 365 rest api, inside the "message rules predicates", this predicate does not exists...

the documentation link on github :
    https://github.com/microsoftgraph/microsoft-graph-docs/blob/Staging/api-reference/beta/resources/messagerulepredicates.md

this missing predicate is realy embarrassing for my plugins developpement for office 365. In better way, adding like mailbox event an recurence attribut (each monday between 8 to 10 hours all mail receive goes to an specifics folder)

Can you add this entry point…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create Hide folder inside office 365

Hi all,
    With the VSTO and exchange WSDL we have avaibility to create an hidden folder for move mail inside. Whis this feature we have developped an plugins VSTO for a french company and a french law for disconnexion of numeric tools. With the office 365 api, these only parameters that can set when we create a folder is the display name and a single-value extended properties. I have create a folder with a display name, this folder whan correctly create with the name. I have update this folder with the single-value extended properties like in WSDL

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{userPrincipalName}/mailFolders/DeletedItems/childFolders/

Body:

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add "skuDisplayName" in subscribedSkus

In the https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/subscribedSkus endpoint

the following payload is returned:
    ```
    {

&quot;@odata.context&quot;: &quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#subscribedSkus&quot;">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#subscribedSkus&quot;</a>,

&quot;value&quot;: [
    {
    &quot;capabilityStatus&quot;: &quot;Enabled&quot;,
    &quot;consumedUnits&quot;: 3,
    &quot;id&quot;: &quot;6f87a78e-a29b-409d-ac41-6151b417dc65_189a915c-fe4f-4ffa-bde4-85b9628d07a0&quot;,
    &quot;skuId&quot;: &quot;189a915c-fe4f-4ffa-bde4-85b9628d07a0&quot;,
    &quot;skuPartNumber&quot;: &quot;DEVELOPERPACK&quot;,
    &quot;appliesTo&quot;: &quot;User&quot;,
    &quot;prepaidUnits&quot;: {
    &quot;enabled&quot;: 10,
    &quot;suspended&quot;: 0,
    &quot;warning&quot;: 0
    },
    &quot;servicePlans&quot;: [...]
    }]

}
    }
    ```

"skuPartNumber" is listed as "DEVELOPERPACK" which I believe corresponds to a display name of "Office 365 Enterprise E3 Developer" in the "Home > Products" tab of my Office 365 admin account. In addition, various csv exports from graph endpoints and the admin pages use display name (such as the "Office365ActiveUserDetail" report) and not a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow service apps to create subscriptions for emails, contacts, etc. for an entire tenant

When an admin grants consent to my service application, I would like to able to create a subscription for changes to emails, contacts, and other resource types, across the entire tenant. Unless I'm mistaken, I currently have to create a subscription for each user separately. It would be easier to only have to create one subscription for all users in the tenant and theoretically that would allow me to support more than 50,000 users (the max number of subscriptions that an application can create).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Graph API Retrieving Nested Mail Attachments Not Available

Graph API Retrieving Nested Mail Attachments Not Available

We are using the Graph API to connect to an account using Java. We are able to make calls to retrieve user details, mail details, headers and attachments, etc… One of our use cases require us to retrieve information related to nested attached emails (e.g. an email in the account has an attached email. This email has an attached email and also some attached files). By using the Graph API, we are able to retrieve information related to the email including attachments https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages/{messageid}/?$expand=attachments. From what’s returned, we are able to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement validateGroupAlias into the Graph API

At the moment there is no way to validate a group alias via graph API.
    You can create a group but you can not validate the properties before thats kinda bad.
    I think this would be very helpful for a lot of developers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Outlook Message webLink with ispopout=0 working only with Inbox

Hi there,

I'm currently building an integration with Office 365 Outlook thanks to the Microsoft Graph API. I retrieve user messages data, along with the webLink, which is a direct URL to the message in Outlook Web App.

By default, it opens in a popout window displaying only this message. My goal is to display it in the full Outlook Web App. The documentation of a Message resource states this:

> "You can append an ispopout argument to the end of the URL to change how the message is displayed. If ispopout is not present or if it is set…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to rename a category from the graph API

It is currently not possible to rename a category through the graph API. You can create, delete, and update the color, but not rename it.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/outlookcategory_update

You CAN however rename a category in the Outlook Desktop client.

Since a new O365 account includes several default categories with unhelpful names (Red, Green, Blue, etc.), we'd like the ability to offer users to rename those categories in our application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. search onedrive files by created or modified date

The search parameter doesn't seem to support filtering onedrive files by date. Will you please add that capability

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are investigating the technical requirements to see if we can move this to the backlog. We will post updates here as a decision is made. More votes would help prioritize this feature. -EY

15. How can a guest user fetch data from microsoft graph api?

How can a guest user fetch data from microsoft graph api? How will the user call https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/joinedTeams for guest user tenent?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. API support to create application registration portal

Is there any API available to create new Application in Application registration portal (https://apps.dev.microsoft.com) and get the password.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How to upload large files using msgraph api from iOS custom app to sharepoint shared folder.

We have a requirement to upload large files using MSGraph API from customized iOS application to sharepoint shared document folder. Can you please provide related API rest service or code base to send larger videos or photos from iOS application using MSGRAPH API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include additional phone labels on Phone list for contacts on Graph methods for contacts/people

Old instances of on premise exchange servers use to have a big list of phone labels, to which some enterprise that have been making their upgrade from 2007, 2013 and now office365 on cloud have been noticed that some of the phone numbers were removed.

From the full list of phone labels "AssistantPhone, BusinessFax, BusinessPhone, BusinessPhone2, Callback, CarPhone, CompanyMainPhone, HomeFax, HomePhone, HomePhone2, Isdn, MobilePhone, OtherFax, OtherTelephone, Pager, PrimaryPhone, RadioPhone, Telex,TtyTddPhone" it seems like the dictionary that is being returned by the graph methods of "contacts" and "people", these methods are returning a max number of 2 "homePhones", "businessPhones" and one…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personal Contacts (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. programmatic access of onedrive for files uploading in android

User must be able to upload files programmatically like images, pdf and text files by using android apps to one drive on single click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base