Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for Exchange ActiveSync Device Partnerships to Graph API

Currently to retrieve information about all ActiveSync Device Partnerships from Exchange Online, you need to either use ECP or Exchange Online PowerShell. Both of these ways are VERY SLOW. ECP because it's manual, and PowerShell because you either have to grab a) all mailboxes (get-mailbox) or b) all partnerships (get-mobiledevice), and then loop through the list to look at each partnership (get-mobiledevicestatistics).

It'd be so much quicker if this was available via the Graph API.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support isof OData function for MS Graph

I want to get all the users that are members of a group, but currently we only have navigation property to get both groups and users that are members.
    This would be fine if the OData IsOf function was supported. Then I could easily filter out the groups. But it is not supported, at least not for this kind of query.

Please support IsOf for ALL of MS Graph. It's super important in a lot of cases, since you will often be working with directoryObjects of different types.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to create SendLink sharing links via the API

The SharePoint REST API current provides methods for creating Organizational sharing links, Anonymous links, etc, but does not include any medthod for creating the new SendLink sharing links (as described in the following blog post https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-OneDrive-Blog/Introducing-a-new-secure-external-sharing-experience/ba-p/112624). Please add support for this ASAP, as this new sharing method is very powerful and most importantly, much more user friendly for external users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow '/drive' to the end of a call to get Team Channel drive information

The call to get a Team Channel information <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams/{team-id}/channels/{channel-id}">https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/teams/{team-id}/channels/{channel-id}</a> gives us no reference to access the channel files.
    I propose allowing /drive to be added to the end to access the location in SharePoint

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog, it is work that currently isn’t scheduled. This will be something that the dev work is starting soon at which point will update the feature here.

5. Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.IAuthenticationContext: CancellationToken for Async methods

Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.IAuthenticationContext (with friends) has many *Async methods which doesn't take CancellationToken.

These does web requests which sometimes takes several minutes. Please add cancellation token parameter to all the async calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Office 365 API - Create meeting rooms

I'm doing an integration of my platform with the Office 365 Calendar through the Microsoft Graph API.

I plan to import and create new meeting rooms, but I've checked documentation that all of the rooms in this API are in beta and only allow the user to list the rooms.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We would like to have the graph call for joined Teams to support the favorite status, like in the Teams app.

We would like to have the graph call for joined Teams to support the favorite status, like in the Teams app.

The isFavorite property of the /beta/me/joinedGroups endpoint does not return the same favorite-state as reflected in the Teams Application.

{

&quot;id&quot;: &quot;138944aa-3d78-4f70-9a67-d34c3afe0ee4&quot;,

&quot;accessType&quot;: &quot;public&quot;,
    &quot;displayName&quot;: &quot;a team&quot;,
    &quot;EmailAddress&quot;: &quot;ateam@.....onmicrosoft.com&quot;,
    &quot;isFavorite&quot;: false,
    &quot;LastVisitedDateTime&quot;: &quot;2018-03-22T10:24:20Z&quot;

}
    There currently is no way to get the 'favorite' state a team has in the teams application.

Only a post request to /groups/138944aa-3d78-4f70-9a67-d34c3afe0ee4/removeFavorite seems to influence the isFavorite property. But this doesn't change anything in the teams application

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

8. Provide admin interface to grant the Managed Service Identity's service principal access to common API operations

I'd like to be able to leverage the same experience that's offered to 'App Registrations' in the portal when granting my MSI's service principal (for example) access to individual operations within the MS Graph api.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be beneficial to automate User provisioning option(to remove the license for terminated users) via ISIM

we are trying to automate license removal for terminated users in our company, right now we manually remove the license, but trying to implement O365 Adapter to automate but it looks like fail. Please advise!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove User Picture

Hello,
    It would be good if you add the possibility to remove the user picture of an user.

Currently with the Graph API (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/profilephoto_update) we can get the picture and update the picture but we cannot remove the picture (like with powershell Remove-UserPhoto)

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Subscriptions for Office Message Center and Service Health messages

Requesting Additional resources - message center & service incidents please add the ability to subscribe to Office Message Center and Service Health messages.
    (webhooks)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Determine and Modify Mail Forwarding

I have an application that pulls in data from multiple sources to allow our Help Desk to review everything we know about a user. We pull in multiple data sources into a single view. One of the things we want to know is if a user is forwarding their mail offsite, and we need to be able to change that if they are.

Currently I use Powershell Remoting in C# to determine this, however I'd like to migrate that to Graph. It looks like that information isn't available from the MailboxSettings object.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it optional.

This should be optional. It's unnecessary. Not everyone uses a cell phone or otherwise. The only person this keeps out to safeguard your account is you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fetching SharePoint document labels and managed metadata from MS Graph APIs

Currently ms graph api for fetching an item from DriveItem
    (e.g. GET /sites/{siteId}/drive/items/{itemId} etc.) does not provide any information about documents labels and managed metadata.

It is an useful information for large number of documents stored inside a drive.

Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/protect-sharepoint-online-files-with-office-365-labels-and-dlp for labels in sharepoint documents.
    Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/managed-metadata for managed metadata.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Expose in place archive and public folders to graph api

It will be great to expose in place archive folders in user mailbox. Currently, the in place archive folder seems to be hidden.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MIME upload email content with microsoft graph

Graph API allows me to get the MIME content of email calling following graph api request: GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages//$value .

As we work on O365 app which changes content of email, it would be great to have possibility to edit the MIME content thru PUT operation.

In addition, apps should be able to create new messages using MIME content.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add user.readBasic.all permission as an app permission in Graph

Azure AD graph has delegated permissions for user.readBasic.all which restricts the information that a 3rd party accessing this api can capture from our tenancy directory. We have a 3rd party app that accesses the Azure directory to retrieve basic data to set up accounts in its user directory and we need to restrict this to the basic data due to the security risk. We cannot rely on the 3rd party just doing the right thing all the time.

I need a way to set the app to allow app permissions (not delegated as the read occurs every 4 hours without…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. $top breaks /messages/delta

Found the $top parameter does not work as expected on /messages/delta. Regardless of that $top is set to, 10 messages are returned. Not only does it not work, found $top actually breaks /messages/delta. If using $top on a folder with say 1000 messages in it, /messages/delta will return 10 messages w/ a skip token. Pass that skip token back in, you'll get 0 messages w/ a delta token. Pass that delta token back in and you'll get 0 messages again. Take off the $top parameter in the original call and you'll be able to pagination through all 1000 messages. It…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add support for descending sort order to OneDrive for Business API

I want to retrieve a list of OneDrive files sorted by created date (descending), i.e. newest first. This can be achieved with a OneDrive personal account by appending $orderby=createdDateTime desc to the graph query, but this returns an error for a business account.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are investigating the technical requirements to see if we can move this to the backlog. We will post updates here as a decision is made. More votes would help prioritize this feature. -EY

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base