Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get groups photos using app-only permissions

Currently group's photo may be retrieved only using delegated permissions (/v1.0/groups/{id}/photo/$value). It would be much easier if this endpoint would also work with app-only permissions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get all mails sent without accessing their content to make network analysis

Currently, it does not seem to be possible to monitor the number of mails that goes where. It would be interesting to have an alternative to Mail.Read.All that excludes the content, just have the receivers and date for each mail sent and an endpoint in the Graph API for this. An endpoint like this could enable activities as network analysis to be performed at an organization with more concern to integrity

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a property containing the size of an Outlook item's MIME Content

Currently, there is no way to get the size of a Message entity's MIME content before downloading the entire message.

Some libraries such as WindowsAzure.Storage need the size of the written stream to function properly, and without being able to find the size I would need to load the entire object into memory to count the number of bytes. I'm currently working in a low memory environment, so emails with large attachments can cause issues. Ideally, the data is directly streamed instead of buffered.

The Graph service endpoint that gets the MIME content of a Message is not guaranteed to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow to upload (POST) with a new Mail Message with MIME Content

As the Graph API now allows clients to retrieve the MIME content of an Email Message, it would be great if a new mail instance can be created using MIME instead of assigning individual properties i.e the Create Message endpoint should have support for uploading MIME Content.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add SSMS support to enable queries against the AAD graph joined with other data sources.

Allow users of SQL Server Management Studio to connect to Microsoft Graph for an AAD tenant so an analyst can query and join to other relational database resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. create a security api endpoint for investigations

ATP has been great - it automatically handles a lot of things for us. So I don't need to see all of the alerts that come through every day.

However, I do care about seeing the investigations as they need to happen - perhaps to automate it through flows or powerapps.

It would be great to have an API Endpoint for Investigations. I tried to correlate ThreatManagement alerts to items in the Investigations component, but the IDs don't line up. I don't see any other way to query for those id's.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. support the ability to provide attachments when creating/replying to a Channel conversation

Currently through Graph API new parent conversations or replies can be created in a Channel. However, there is no capability to include attachments when creating these posts.

This capability is important as it helps other systems seamlessly create conversations in Teams and eliminate manual effort required for handling attachments completely.

Please let us know if this capability is already in the Graph roadmap and it's current status.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow filtering users by companyName

While filtering works for some attributes like department it doesn't work for companyName, which sadly I need for my use case.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Page Size When PDF Converting

Hi.
    I would like to convert .xlsx file to .pdf using Download Request from OneDrive.
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{DriveId}/root:/{FileName}:/content?format=pdf
    When I do so, I can get .pdf file, but its page size is 'letter-size'(279.4 by 215.9 mm) and there is no way to specify page size of .pdf file.
    Also I changed the page size of .xlsx file, but the behavior is the same.

I want to convert to .pdf file reflecting the page size setting of the .xlsx file, or specify the page size, page orientation and other page settings with parameters at the time of request.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow creating itemAttachments with nested attachments via the Graph API

Suppose my Inbox has 'Email 1', which has attachments on it.
    Outlook allows me to attach 'Email 1' to 'Email 2' as an itemAttachment. I can even attach 'Email 2' to 'Email 3' to get another level of nesting.

The Graph API allows me to create itemAttachments but appears to strip out nested attachments.

For example, the following request creates an itemAttachment but strips out the nested attachments (verified via API and Outlook client)

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages/{some-msg-id}/attachments
    Content-type: application/json
    Content-length: 200

{
    "@odata.type": "#microsoft.graph.itemAttachment",
    "name": "Hello world",
    "item": {

"@odata.type": "microsoft.graph.message",

"subject": "foobar",
    "body": {
    "contentType": "HTML",
    "content": "lorem ipsum"
    },
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow cancelling calendar events via API

I need to cancel existing events via API.

The current stable version of Graph API does not allow to cancel any existing event, and you cannot update the isCancelled property, so the only option is to delete the event.

The cancel method is in the API beta version, but is seems it takes YEARS for the beta versions to be published as stable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Permissions Gap: "Send" as draft

We have a service application that generates and sends email within an organization on behalf of users.

It has Mail.Send. It does NOT have Mail.ReadWrite on purpose. This allows us to send email and save a copy into their sent folder, but does not allow us to arbitrarily read the user's email (and other potentially problematic/dangerous access). This is inline with the principle of least privilege.

We want to give the users the option of reviewing the generated email from within Outlook and sending it only after review. Outlook already supports this via Drafts.

Unfortunately you only have two permission…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Read group calendar using application permission mode

Hello Microsoft team! We are attempting to use application permissions to display contents of a group calendar but currently that is not supported. We'd love to be able to interact with group calendars (and other aspects of groups) using application permissions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow more control over fields returned in the Calendar API calls

Allow administrators to filter which fields can be returned per endpoint. Our end client is concerned that even though we are filtering the results on our side we still have access to Calendars.Read and technically have access to read meeting subjects, etc. Is there any way in Office365 or the Graph API that our end client can apply more granular permissions to filter which fields we have access to?

My particular example is using the CalendarView endpoint to retrieve a users appointments for a specific time period. While calling the endpoint we are passing $select=start,end,showAs. Our end client does not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support streaming notifications for graph

To fully move away from the outlook.office.com REST interface for email we need a solution to get notifications for client/desktop software (non windows) and browser based software.

The existing webhook approach does not work well for anything but server to server configurations.

outlook.office.com provides a streaming notification:

<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-365-api/api/beta/notify-streaming-rest-operations&quot;&quot;&quot">https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-365-api/api/beta/notify-streaming-rest-operations&quot;&quot;&quot</a>;

Which meets our requirements

This is an already acknowledged gap in the Graph API.

Please implement a solution for clients to get notifications that doesn't require a webhook.

This is also important to migrate IMAP clients to Graph as a replacement for IMAP IDLE is required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow specifying owner even if that is given implicitly by role assignment

Once I was assigned the "Application Developer" Azure AD role I could no longer issue requests where I set myself as owner of a group when creating it. I consider this to be broken as implicit behavior based on role assignment affect the format of my requests to the Graph API!

Failing request:
    {
    "displayName": "My group",
    "mailEnabled": false,
    "mailNickname": "undefined",
    "securityEnabled": true,
    "owners@odata.bind": [

&quot;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/">https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/</a>&lt;id of myself&gt;&quot;

]
    }

Response:
    {

&quot;error&quot;: {

&quot;code&quot;: &quot;Request_BadRequest&quot;,
    &quot;message&quot;: &quot;Request contains a property with duplicate values.&quot;,
    &quot;innerError&quot;: {
    &quot;request-id&quot;: &quot;aae9881c-570e-4443-9ce7-a4ca87889d9e&quot;,
    &quot;date&quot;: &quot;2019-10-02T13:06:59&quot;
    }
    }

}

Successful request: …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Working with Teams without admin consent

To make automated tests of MS Teams, you need to use the designated list of Graph API requests.
    But the Graph API requests all require the access type “Group.ReadWrite.All” using admin consent, which is not useful for our customers.
    The proposal would be to add one more access type, for example with the name “Group.ReadWrite”, which will allow the creation of a team, creation of a channel in the team, sending a message to the channel and replying to that message.
    The same user needs to be able to delete the channel and the team previously created.
    This is be…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement OData Extension for Data Aggregation Version 4.0

These aggregate functions would be very useful. For instance grouping messages by conversation id to retrieve a list of the latest message per conversation.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata-data-aggregation-ext/v4.0/odata-data-aggregation-ext-v4.0.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Get Attendance for Teams Meetings

We need to know who attended a meeting in Teams.
    if you can give us that data GoTo/Zoom would no longer be needed !!
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/onlinemeeting-get?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base