Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for descending sort order to OneDrive for Business API

I want to retrieve a list of OneDrive files sorted by created date (descending), i.e. newest first. This can be achieved with a OneDrive personal account by appending $orderby=createdDateTime desc to the graph query, but this returns an error for a business account.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are investigating the technical requirements to see if we can move this to the backlog. We will post updates here as a decision is made. More votes would help prioritize this feature. -EY

2. msgraph ios sdk

Hi Team,

I couldn't find a way to get the folders and file in a specific Sharepoint site, or a way to list all available sites using msgraph iOS SDK. Is this available? If it is, could you give me a pointer on how to proceed?

For now I'm only able to get the content of a user's personal drive and Sharepoint's "default" site.

Is any possible to get the content of specific site information except default root site using msgraph iOS SDK preview version.

Regards.
    Ansari

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expand the Graph Open Extension limitations

I'm attempting to use the Graph Extensions for my user data and keep running into limits put in place that I feel are too small. I either hit the 2KB limit per extension, or when I try to break it apart into logical extensions, I hit the error: "Maximum number of extensions values supported per application is 2"

I can provide our business case if needed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. search onedrive files by created or modified date

The search parameter doesn't seem to support filtering onedrive files by date. Will you please add that capability

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are investigating the technical requirements to see if we can move this to the backlog. We will post updates here as a decision is made. More votes would help prioritize this feature. -EY

5. REST API Support for Creating Directories

REST API should support the ability to create/suspend/delete whole directories towards Azure AD. This is something that has to me done manually today, not that good for creating automated services with Azure Stack with a lot of directories.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support SharePoint multi choice fields when updating list items via Microsoft Graph

It is currently possible to retrieve the data for a multi choice field from the graph, but it errors when you try to update a multi choice field.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7. Calculate & expose device's primary user based on usage (user to device affinity)

In many reporting scenarios it is necessary to map between users/devices. E.g.,
    * VIP Victor is complaining about something, we need a list of the devices he uses
    * I need to report on crashes (or some other device data) by the user's department/building/etc.

Today we have registeredUsers and registeredOwners, but these can't be used for this purpose because:
    A) They seem to reflect primarily administrative enrollment activity, not end-user-affinity
    B) They are many:many and don't automatically calculate a "primary user" based on logon activity

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a Group relationship to the SharePoint/Sites/Site endpoint in Microsoft Graph

Currently the SharePoint Sites endpoint in the graph doesn't allow you to navigate to the associated group if it has one (in the case of group enabled team sites). It would be good if you either created a /sites/group relationship or at the very least included GroupId: {guid} in the properties returned when /sites/{site-id} is called so that a second call could be made to the /groups/{id} endpoint.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for SharePoint Hyperlink or Picture Field Types

You can currently retrive the "Hyperlink or Picture" column from SharePoint but you have no clue of the field type.

It would be cool if the columns call return an additional "hyperlink" property to indicate that its a hyperlink or picture column like

{

"columnGroup": "My Columngs",

"description": "",
    "displayName": "Picture",
    "hidden": false,
    "id": "24b7e088-5176-412d-b484-a760a806f5ed",
    "name": "Picture",
    "required": false,
    "hyperlink": {
    url: &#39;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://some.url&quot;">https://some.url&quot;</a>,
    description: &#39;Some description&quot;
    }
    }

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Issue with allowExternalSenders property in groups

I saw that setting allowExternalSenders property through POST/PATCH method is currently not working with v1.0 and beta. Do you plans for making it work any time soon? It is very tedious to set it manually through the UI.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support SharePoint lookup fields when creating list items via Microsoft Graph

It is currently possible to retrieve this data, but it appears there is no current way of creating a new lookup field via Microsoft Graph. Any attempt at such a call will either return 200 ok, but leave the lookup field blank, or return 400 bad request (or the like).

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are investigating the technical requirements to see if we can move this to the backlog. We will post updates here as a decision is made. -EY

12. Exchange Online Admin API Support

There is an adequate amount of client side Rest APIs for outlook, but nothing truly available on the admin side. Allowing API calls to create Online Rules and Connectors for example would (hopefully) be less error prone than manually invoking Powershell sessions, especially if rules and connectors need to be created en masse.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add permissions Tasks.Read.All or Tasks.ReadWrite.All

Currently it's not possible to access the tasks of all an organisation members regardless of who is connected to the application. At the moment, you can only access Outlook Tasks using delegated permissions (i.e. on behalf of the current user). You can reach outside their own tasks using the Tasks.Read.Shared scope but again, this only provide additional access to Outlook Tasks that were shared with the current user.

This would be a great add to the Microsoft Graph API to help Managers to follow the progession of their projects with new permissions like Tasks.Read.All or Tasks.readWrite.All.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow update mail attribute for Azure AD User object throught REST API

Currently we are creating users in Azure AD through Azure AD Graph API (from our Identity Manager Application). Also we assign licenses using the same Rest API. Our users, among other thinks, uses Sharepoint Online and Skype for Bussiness Online. All of our users have his mailbox in an Exchange 2010 (on-premise), so they don't have the Exchange Online Plan. For Skype for Bussiness integration with Outlook, it's needed that the mail attribute on the Azure AD object be the same as the mail address in Outlook. The problem is that this attribute is read only throug rest API. Also,…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GraphQL API for the Microsoft Graph

Facebook's GraphQL is the perfect API solution for the Microsoft Graph. I highly encourage you to implement this, since it would improve development for React apps.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are doing some investigation into GraphQL. We’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

16. Make Outlook OAuth Sandbox App opensource GitHub

The Outlook OAuth Sandbox App at https://oauthplay.azurewebsites.net is really great.

Would like to see the code for this web app to learn how to use the oauth and API for my own applications. There are lot of blogs explaining parts of Oauth and O365 API, but some info is depreciated or not explaining the complete part. Studying this web app would help me a lot to understand the principles and to create better code.

Would it be possible to share the code for this application on GitHub?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Expand navigation property of children with a single query

Impossible to get members of Azure AD group with expanded 'manager' property in one request.
    for example:
    https://graph.windows.net/<tenantid>/directoryObjects/<groupid>/members/?api-version=1.6&$expand=manager

we gets the following response:
    {"code":"Request_UnsupportedQuery","message":{"lang":"en","value":"An unsupported query was observed. Please ensure you query does not navigate across multiple reference-properties."}

I suppose reason of such response is clear. and current workaround is the following:
    1) Get group members
    2) for each five members(using OData batch) get manager
    But this way make us do a lot of requests to Azure AD and we expect performance degradation here.

We develop multi tenant application which access Azure AD of all our customers…

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Azure AD Team responded

We are still looking into it! It is due to current platform limitation, and there is some work going on to address this. Again, thank you for the suggestions! Keep the votes coming.

18. Office 365 SDK Docs - Add Details on How To Authenticate

This guidance (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/common-calendar-tasks-client-library#GetAuthToken) is not as complete as it should be. You likely want to add add additional NuGet packages to make this work. Suggest adding the recommended way to authenticate, such as OWIN / ADAL, to help people get started faster.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We’ll include this as part of our next round of documentation improvements.

Thanks,
    Dorrene Brown
    Office Developer Platform Team

19. Health status API Dashboard

I would like to have API access to all Service health of each of our customers O365 servers. I know you can view individual service health but it would be good to build a dashboard that you can add all your customers on Office 365 and display the current health for Exchange, Lync , Share point etc. If there was an issue you can have a real-time dashboard and provide reactive support to your customer and not have to wait for them to call with an issue.

I would love to display a dashboard like this in our office for…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Expose the Capability Name, ServiceUri and ServiceResourceIds in the DiscoveryContext class

The Office 365 API exposes the "/services" endpoint, which returns a collection of service Uri endpoints. However, the DiscoveryContext class does not expose the collection, rather it looks up a specific endpoint based on a capability name that is passed into the method (ServiceResourceId or Capability name).

I would like a method that returns the collection of CapabilityDiscoveryResults. Alternatively, add an Enum to the library to aid in the selection of Capability/ServiceResourceId.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base