Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add getServicePrincipalsByAppIds

graph.windows.net provides an endpoint to retrieve a service principal using the App Id property: "https://graph.windows.net/myorganization/getServicePrincipalsByAppIds?api-version=2.0"

Microsoft Graph requires us to use the list endpoint with a displayName filter. It would be beneficial to retrieve a service principal using the appId.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filtering events by schema extensions

We are looking for a good way to apply a few basic custom fields to calendar events so that we can tie them to resources that exist within our application. Schema extensions seem like they could fit the need, but a known limitation mentioned in the documentation is that filtering on Outlook entity types is not supported: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/known-issues?context=graph%2Fapi%2F1.0&view=graph-rest-1.0#filtering-on-schema-extension-properties-not-supported-on-all-entity-types.

Is it possible that this could be supported in the future? Or do we need to look for a workaround?

Note: We noticed that the "singleValueLegacyExtendedProperty" fits this description, but since this is a "Legacy" feature, I'm assuming we can expect…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Always send meeting update to resources(like room)

Currently, in the calendar of the room an event is created based on Email sent by the organiser while creating meeting
    in his calendar with selected room.

It does update the event in the room calendar when name or time range of the event is changed,
    but it doesn't when new users are added or old ones are deleted from the meeting.

Exchange treats resources (including rooms) like attendees and only send them updates when the changes are linked with them.

Personally, I think that meeting updates should be always sent to resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can we get deltaLink for messages api irrespective of message folders

synchronization works for messages in folder with this api

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/mailFolders/{id}/messages/delta
    we can get all messages in mailbox with this api

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages/

Is there any way to synchronize messages in mailbox (as deltaLink in first api) irrespective of folders...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reply Time Field

If there is an replyTIme field for reply messages it would be helpful to find how much time it took for an person to reply specific mail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. All channel types, Private and Standard need the filesFolder property

Team Channels have the filesFolder property. Currently only Private Channels have this property instantiated. Standard Channels do not. Normally a standard channel’s file space is a folder on the drive and can be correlated to the channel by channel name. If though you change the channel name via the Teams UI, it only changes the channel name but not the underlying folder name on the drive. Internally Teams seems to work but with Graph when matching channel to drive/folder there can exist the issue of not being able to match by name. If both types of channels had the filesFolder…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Move message from one mailbox to another

If we have the graph API access token for 2 users. Then a feature to move a message(email) from user1's folder to user2's folder should be possible.

This capability is available with ecp mailflow rules.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expose additional UserConfiguration types

There is a UserConfigurations property on MailFolder that has been in the beta API since 2016 but it only has the BinaryData property.

In Exchange Web Services, the UserConfiguration type also has Dictionary and XmlData properties.

In particular, I would like to be able to read and write the "OWA.UserOptions" user configuration on the root folder of the mailbox, which contains dictionary data. An alternative implementation for this particular use case is to add it to mailboxSettings, which would probably require fewer permissions, but exposing all of the user configuration types is a more general feature request that will help…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow graph to apply / remove OME in Exchange Online / SPOnline / One Drive

OME is a great feature, but once a mail is protected in some form we are limited with programmatic integration from the Graph API. It'd be great if we could access this email programmatically (from an authorised identity) to complete business functions. The fact that OME filters down into SharePoint it would also be great if mail / office documents held here could have OME applied / removed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. properteries returned from credentialuserregistrationdetails takes about 24 hours to reflect changes

When a users registration status changes or displayName of the user changes, these changes take about 24 hours to be reflected when making a call to...
    GET /reports/credentialUserRegistrationDetails

Can we please improve the change frequency to a much more reasonable time. Sooner the better of course.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/credentialuserregistrationdetails?view=graph-rest-beta

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. API endpoint to generate to do list invitation link

Allow us to retrieve the invitation link using the API.

We would like to show a subscribe link in our internal web app for each of our projects. That way, people can choose which projects they want to contribute to / keep track of in our organisation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  To Do  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add teamwork entities in Data Connect

For a project, we need to report on some of the teamwork entities, namely: Teams, Shifts, Scheduling Groups, Time Off, Time Off Reason.

Doing so with the REST API would end up in a lot of calls.

That would be awesome to get these entities in Data Connect.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let the Graph API create the underlying SharePoint site automatically when I create a private channel

After I create a private channel with Graph Beta I had to manually click on the Files tab for the Team clients to create the SharePoint site. I would like to Graph Create Channel API to create the underlying SharePoint site as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When querying the users/delta endpoint, give devs the ability to filter on accountEnabled field and a timestamp of the event

Maybe I haven't been looking in the right spot but trying to figure out when users are set to inactive through the API hasn't yielded much results. If I filter by the id of a user I can see whether or not they are inactive but without knowing the user beforehand that would be difficult. I think being able to get a list of all users that were set to inactive on a certain date would be useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. create retention event

Hi,

There is the ability available to create an event using REST api - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/automate-event-driven-retention?view=o365-worldwide
    However this only seems to work with basic authentication which some Orgs dont allow.
    Can you extend Graph api to provide permissions for this also?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. .../mailFolders/inbox/messageRules?$filter=startswith(displayName,'...')

Support the startswith filter function for the displayName property at the .../mailFolders/inbox/messageRules endpoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Private Site Details

I am trying to get subsites details through API "/sites/{parentSiteId}/sites" . i am getting subsite details of any public site , I am having admin access token and also used app access token but for private site i am getting 403 Error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Issue with Sharepoint Site API

Not getting details of sharepoint site groups and it's user details in same API . I am using sharepoint site API "_api/Web/roleAssignments/groups?$expand=Users" to get data of groups under site and details of users belongs to that group . It is working fine for all sites which is under /root , but i am trying to get same data of other team sites and the same API is giving only group information , not giving information of users . I want to get all groups under site like "Member , Owner , Visitor " etc , and User details that which…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. zip upload & extraction support

Create service endpoint to allow .zip file uploads, and queue the .zip file to be extracted at a later time into the target OneDrive. This will allow a large collection of smaller files to be uploaded at one time. It will make it easier to stay under the 10K threshold for API calls, and should reduce the overall network traffic against the MS Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Publish Throttling limit for Sharepoint

There are throttling limits given for outlook and teams at the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/throttling.
    What is the limit after which the throttling starts for graph API calls for SharePoint.

SharePoint decided not to publish their throttling limits see the following abstract: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/how-to-avoid-getting-throttled-or-blocked-in-sharepoint-online#why-cant-you-just-tell-me-the-exact-throttling-limits.

It will be really useful to get the limits for SharePoint too.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base