Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve Auth Provider Token Process

I am trying to create a BOT (Hosted and Registered with Azure) that will be used to communicate with Teams Channel.

My Bot code is written in C#, However, to use Microsoft Graph Calls API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/application-post-calls?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http)

I need to setup Auth Provider before so that I can use that to get token.
    (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/sdks/choose-authentication-providers?tabs=CS&source=docs)

However, with the above link, its quite unclear as to what Auth provider am I supposed to use in my Bot code, none of the scenario matches my requirement as per my understanding. Can the documentation be improved to make it a bit…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Graph Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Support to retrieve sensitivity labels for message through API

Add support to get sensitivity label for message through Graph API. Currently, only group entity could fetch label info.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Get All events for all users, not by 1 user, but tenant wise

currently GraphAPI allows to get all events by only user. in our case we need to get all events on tenant level. So the only way to do it, to run a loop for all users and get all events for each individual user and merge results.

it would be great to have a way to request all events directly from tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. allow MIME content Graph API for hybrid Exchange

As say in https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/mime-format-support-for-outlook-mail-and-attachments-translate-item-id-apis-are-now-available-in-microsoft-graph-v1-0/ the possibility to have the MIME content is important to have the full emails information.

Unfortunately if account is an Hybrid Exchange, we are only able to get the email as a Resource with html, text, etc but if we add the $value the request is refused.

This issue is already reported on stack overflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60062333/how-to-get-mime-content-via-rest-from-on-premises-exchange-server and also commented in the forum herehttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/116610/mime-content-from-graph-api-for-hybrid-account.html?childToView=118494#answer-118494
    We really need this feature to support our customer on Hybride exchange

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add MS Graph API Organisation Hierarchy

I've been tasked with creating a chat bot using the ms bot framework to create an internal directory and the initial thought was to use AD or Delve for the hierarchy as this data is already within these. However after seeing MS pushing everybody towards Graph it seems this is the route to go.

The problem now is that there's no way to recursively get the hierarchy from a users position within an organisation to go upwards up to the top level which would partly fix this. If we were able to search across the org for a user based…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add an API to download attendance on MS Teams

I would really like it if I could use the Graph API to download the attendance data (including minutes attended) for an MS Teams meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Track changes for Public Cloud

Tracking changes with any updates to resources, will help to reduce API calls to Azure.
    It would be nice to just get the updated configuration of resources when you have already collected the data, instead of collecting the data again just to track the changes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use Graph API /Groups to Add members to Distribution list

Since you can display Distribution lists with Get /groups, Can you please allow for a Post /groups/{id}/$ref to ADD members to Distrolists. This feature is greatly needed. The only feature is for you to use an on-prem Powershell command that isn't as functional as staying in the cloud. If list groups show it, why cant post groups do the same?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Graph API User Photo - Don't return 404 not found if there is no photo for the user

Instead, you can return 204 no response or a different response code for the request. 404 is usually returned when the API itself is not found. Also, returning 404 will log console errors in most applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Check if User is a shared mailbox or not.

I want to check if a certain user is anchored to a shared mailbox or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Graph Explorer - Should support App-only authentications

We use Graph explorer to test Graph APIs, but it uses user+app authentication policy
    But in order to check app-only authentication policies, we have to rely on PNP PS or POSTMAN Or other tool. It would be good if the Graph explorer has the capability to test all three auth methods(Deligate, Client-Cred, Certificate)?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Graph Explorer not working as intended

Graph Explorer is not working as intended making things more complex and complicated for developers. I am trying assign permission which requires admin consent, though logged in as admin and gave consent it never got saved. Please fix the issue immediately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base