Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneNote

Could you please allow OneNote Teams tab configuration via the Graph API? I ran into a situation where my management asked me to setup a template Microsoft Teams channel to create future channels within the same team. The template channel had a tab pointing to a OneNote notebook. While I am able to cycle through the tabs in the template channel and read their configuration, as it turned out, I cannot use that configuration info to setup the same tab within a new channel.

I don't see this being any different than the custom/web tab. Please allow OneNote configuration in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add hosted content count field to the chatMessage resourse.

It would be useful if the chatMessage resource could return the total number of hostedContents when listing team channel messages by using the following methods:

1. GET /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages

2. GET /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages/delta

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add the ability to delete a teams chat via graph api

The ability to delete a teams chat through the graph api.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. API to Get active Co-Authored users

There is no a common way to get active Co-Authored users. Word has the object to get the list. PowerPoint has the object but it has limited functionality. Excel does not have any api to get the list of the users. Many applications (addons) requires this function.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. API to Get active Co-Authored users

There is no a common way to get active Co-Authored users. Word has the object to get the list. PowerPoint has the object but it has limited functionality. Excel does not have any api to get the list of the users. Many applications (addons) requires this function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Manage Microsoft Teams Tags

Let's manage the tags of Microsoft Teams (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-tags).
    The following Methods would be great:
    - Create tag
    - Update tag
    - Delete tag
    - Get tag
    - List tags
    And for members:
    - List members
    - Add members
    - Remove members

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. leave Team and update browser

Hi,

For now, with Graph API, I try to leave a Team by deleting the user reference in both owners and members groups (where there is more than one user/owner to allow it) and the browser is not updated, the Team is still in the UI browser.

Still the same with the Graph API when I try to delete the group and delete it again in the directory/deleteditems group. The team is still there in the UI browser, it's not left and updated.

I tried to disconnect many times, delete browser cache with no success. I have to leave/delete the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. All channel types, Private and Standard need the filesFolder property

Team Channels have the filesFolder property. Currently only Private Channels have this property instantiated. Standard Channels do not. Normally a standard channel’s file space is a folder on the drive and can be correlated to the channel by channel name. If though you change the channel name via the Teams UI, it only changes the channel name but not the underlying folder name on the drive. Internally Teams seems to work but with Graph when matching channel to drive/folder there can exist the issue of not being able to match by name. If both types of channels had the filesFolder…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let the Graph API create the underlying SharePoint site automatically when I create a private channel

After I create a private channel with Graph Beta I had to manually click on the Files tab for the Team clients to create the SharePoint site. I would like to Graph Create Channel API to create the underlying SharePoint site as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add reply count field to the chatMessage resource type

It would be helpful to get the count of replies to a message in the chatMessage resource type, the response to the /teams/{group-id-for-teams}/channels/{channel-id}/messages endpoint, I need to filter the messages and order them based on the quantity of replies to them however the current version of the API don't provide the necessary information having to recursively get the replies for each message just so I can count them which is suboptimal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable $orderBy on me/chats endpoint

We need to get the most recent (MS Teams) chats for a user and need to order by lastUpdatedDateTime (or at least createdDateTime). Please allow this.

The error when using $orderBy for the me/chats endpoint currently is:

"Query option 'OrderBy' is not allowed. To allow it, set the 'AllowedQueryOptions' property on EnableQueryAttribute or QueryValidationSettings."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search API for Teams

It is great to be able to get messages from a channel, but there is no way to search to get specific messages or replies. I was looking to build a solution that utilized search, but found it is not possible. I would like to be able to use the query language currently supported in Teams UI but not through the Graph API

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Microsoft Teams beta API - Add support of filters

To get list of messages of channel , as it is on beta version i am facing issues while getting messages based on last modification time or creation time.
    Also replies API is not supporting filters to get filtered data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Configure Power BI Tab in the Microsoft Teams Power BI Tab using graph API.

So my organization has a Power BI report for every Team. Right now I have to manually link the power bi report on the power Tab, but I would like to configure the Power BI report to Power Tab. I have already published the report and have the link. I just need to be able to configure the Power BI Tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support of users Team chat collection with Application ID

Microsoft requires additional verification to collect messages if you're using Application permissions

Customers would literally have to fill out this form

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR1ax4zKyZjVBmutzKVo1pVtUQ1VJMlNTNUdJV1FKTzVZSVU4MlMwTTdOTSQlQCN0PWcu

Even then, there's no supported way to list all a user's chats with Application permissions, so in effect it's impossible to discover like, a user's private messages

You'd only be able to collect from channels

(Also, the entire chat API is in beta, so that's another reason)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support Get Meeting Graph API

Currently, the Graph API supports Teams meeting acquisition only for vct meetings.
    I want to get the participants, start time and end time of a regular meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. shift api not working , POST /teams/{teamId}/schedule gives 204 response

this api is not working after post call if you make GET call, in response you can see provision state as failed without and code.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add @odata.nextLink for /users/{id}/joinedTeams becoz no of teams > 1000,call is not getting all teams nor having @odata.nextLink

/users/{id}/joinedTeams graph api call, If teams are more than 1000 for provided user then , this graph api call is not getting me all the teams for provided user , and it is not having @odata.nextLink as well.That is why recently created teams are missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base