Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Report to get Version details of the Microsoft Apps (like Word , Excel,Powerpoint etc.) being used by user

There should be a report that give details of the versions of the Microsoft apps like Excel , PowerPoint being used by the user. Also in the usage obtained from getM365AppUserDetail report, last activity date for each of the apps should be shown instead of just combined activity date for OfficeSuite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Report of centralized deployed Office Add-ins

When you centraly deply Office add-ins as described here (https://docs.microsoft.com/office/dev/add-ins/publish/centralized-deployment), there is no way of report usage of these add-ins. For Exchange add-ins you might be able to use Cmdlet Get-App. Unfortunately this has its limitation in larger environments and you cannot query for other Microsoft apps add-ins e.g.: Excel, Visio

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. audit who viewed

In the audit settings, there are all parameters corresponding to any changes or actions with files. But there is no main one who viewed the Sharepoint file and when, without changing it. Just opened it for example.

Microsoft support said that you have such a task, but for some reason there is no progress on this issue. I would like to influence this issue, it is necessary to add to the audit a list of people who opened the file.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the data public of below API instead of preview

Hello Team,
    It would be appricitate if Microsoft made this data (https://reports.office.com/pbi/v1.0/<Tenant Id>/UserState) publicly available through Graph API. There are many more reports available through this API but unfortunately you can see the data through the browser and its manual therefore there is no way to get it through any script . Please make this data available through some API publicly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. User - Service Plan last access report

A report is needed to determine the last time that a user has accessed Service Plans so the appropriate Product subscription can be determined.

Following is a Use Case:

As a system administrator I want to know when the last time a user utilized a subscribed Product so that I can be sure that we are maximizing the value of our Microsoft subscription.

A user currently is subscribing to "MICROSOFT 365 E3" Product (SPE_E3 - 05e9a617-0261-4cee-bb44-138d3ef5d965) has access to the following Service Plans:

AAD_PREMIUM (41781fb2-bc02-4b7c-bd55-b576c07bb09d)

ADALLOMSDISCOVERY (932ad362-64a8-4783-9106-97849a1a30b9)

BPOSSTODO_2 (c87f142c-d1e9-4363-8630-aaea9c4d9ae5)

Deskless (8c7d2df8-86f0-4902-b2ed-a0458298f3b3)

EXCHANGESENTERPRISE (efb87545-963c-4e0d-99df-69c6916d9eb0)

FLOW…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expose Default MFA Method

With the 'credentialUserRegistrationDetails' BETA API we can see the methods registered for a user but not the one that is the default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. API for M365 Admin Portal > Apps and devices

In M365 admin portal > Apps and devices, an admin can see a list of devices on which Office is installed, on which devices the user is signed in, and the ability to sign out the user on a specific device. There is no way to get this information using MS Graph

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. have a statistics report for shared mailboxes

Currently GET /reports/getMailboxUsageDetail will give me a csv with usage statistics for USER mailboxes only.

We really need to see shared mailboxes and public folders also. Can we either have a report that includes these items, or just as good, get a separate report for them?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft 365 Apps Usage report through Graph API

There is a report that is new through the Office 365 which is called Microsoft 365 Apps Usage. We need to be able to access this through Graph API.
    In the O365 Admin Centre > Reports > Usage > Office 365 > Microsoft 365 Apps Usage and it's the export of the table that is needed.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Compliance Score Graph API

Expose the Microsoft Compliance Score Graph API like the Secure Score API. Most of the previous Secure score improvement actions have been moved to Compliance score and are now not accessing for reporting via the Graph.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include group activity for Teams in Graph API's reports

The getOffice365GroupsActivityCounts and getOffice365GroupsActivityDetail endpoints include the number of activities done in different groups in all major collaboration apps except Teams. To develop collaboration in the organization having access to activity levels per app would enable finding what distinguishes highly functional groups from others. The information can, for example, be used to craft internal recommendations to increase efficiency and create internal education programs tailored for the organization.

Data points of interest includes:
    - #conversations
    - #posts
    - #reactions
    - #meetings

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search item- https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{0}/drive/root/search

"https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{0}/drive/root/search"  result not retune any document image URL(iconLink). I'm creating a small application to search on OneDrive and show but not return any iconlink in the search results.

Can you please give me any advice about this issue or how can get iconlink using "graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{0}/drive/root/search".
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams usage report Graph REST API

There is Teams usage report, Teams user activity report, Teams device usage report available in Microsoft Teams admin center. In Microsoft Teams admin center -> Analytics & reports > Usage reports Below is the link to the docs -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/teams-usage-report

I want use report from Graph Rest API

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Microsoft Visio and Project usage to Graph API - Activity Report

Please add Visio and Project usage to the Graph API Reports.
    Specially a report that would tell which users are actually using those tools.
    This would definitely help license management.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get mentions across Office 365

It would be cool if we can get all mentions that where created in Office 365 in a single endpoint.
    - Outlook
    - Teams
    - Office Apps

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Flow Usage/Activity Report via Graph API

Please add Flow usage to the Graph API Reporting functions. Specifically, I want to access the data behind the CSV tenant-wide usage detail report on the Flow admin page which lists flows, owners, and number of cycles run.

Flow cycle billing is aggregated at the tenant level. As a large enterprise customer, we need to be able to allocate costs associated with overages across those who are using Flow (i.e. bill-back). While the GUI reporting for individual and tenant-wide Flow usage is nice (pretty, functional, all that), this is not something that can be incorporated into an automated process -…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate Office Application to Graph usage / activity Report

Like usage statistics for OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc... I suggest to create Graph REST API for Office Application (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) usage under https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/reports.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Issue with report generation for usage of Exchange mailboxes: report RefreshDate is > 7 days

When asking the Graph to get usage data for Office 365 services, I get data that has been generated usually 1 or 2 days ago. So, if I query
    GET /reports/getTeamsDeviceUsageUserDetail(period='D7')
    today (March 6th) I get data with a "Report Refresh Date" from March 4th (2 days ago). So far so good.

But if I do that with Exchange usage reports as described at
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/reportroot-getemailactivityuserdetail?view=graph-rest-1.0
    and I use one of these requests,
    GET /reports/getEmailActivityUserDetail(period='D7')
    GET /reports/getEmailActivityUserDetail(date={date_value})
    today (March 6th) I get data with a "Report Refresh Date" from February 26th.
    That's 8 days ago... and differently from all the other…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate Power BI to Graph usage / activity Report

Like usage statistics for OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc... I suggest to create Graph REST API for Power BI usage under https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/reports.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Report on Distribution Group usage

Would love to be able to see reports on Distribution List usage. It's difficult to see which DL's are still active and which ones need to be retired.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base